Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

My options list for June - Factory pick up

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 03:27 PM
buttons123
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 360bhp
buttons 23 hello, which dealer did you order the car from. It looks spectacular.

Love the foto as well.
Cheers, 360BHP.

Porsche Centre Cardiff and all being verified and double checked by PCGB at Reading as we speak. There are some things I'm waiting for them to come back to me on, such as:

90litre fuel tank..... Looks like a no, left hand drive only

What script/font will used in the personalised doors sills

Crest on leather centre rear console lid

Thicker Leather wheel

If stitching is covered right next to the gear gaiter to connect to the main console only about 2" or if it needs a code

Awaiting reply
Old 01-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

your car is too heavy and we will not approve you to post here anymore...

seriously, a BIG congrats to your GT3 and l'm glad that you order it exactly the way you want it as a keeper!
Old 01-23-2010, 05:20 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 761 Posts

A1A? Great cruising and posing road..... loved it! Couple of nice little houses there too!!

Great part of the world, you guys love your motors there
Love living here, 20 years since I moved from the old country. Close to A1A, but not in one of THOSE houses. Great cars here everywhere, no one looks up for a Porsche.

Too bad no 90L tank just like here.
I would love to have the option to be able to get 90L in there.

Inscription on the passenger side "Hang on"?

One of my childhood memories is my dad (Knows nothing about cars.) handing me the option guide and asked "What do I need?"
Old 01-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,853 Likes on 960 Posts

Originally Posted by buttons123
Individual equipment:

Stitching of Dashboard deviating thread Guards Red
Stitching door trim deviating thread
Guards Red
Stitching of door pull handles and storage compartment lid deviating thread Guards Red
Stitching side panel of center console deviating thread Guards Red
Stitching of rear side panel deviating thread Guards Red
Stitching of front seats deviating thread Guards Red

All stitching in car to be in Guards Red.
NOTE: All leather options to be stitched in Guards Red including EAF,841,XMZ,XV1,XMP,XZD,XDZ and XTG.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Buttons: What about the stitching on the shift boot? Didn't see it on your order and noticed it's not on this production photo. They also missed the door pulls on this car, but it looks like you have that covered.
Attached Images  
Old 01-24-2010, 02:38 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Way cool indeed. I think we chatted last week (possibly?). Unless someone else in your area is getting one too Didn't know you were doing a pick up... That is going to be so much fun!
Old 01-24-2010, 01:10 PM
buttons123
Instructor

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
your car is too heavy and we will not approve you to post here anymore...

seriously, a BIG congrats to your GT3 and l'm glad that you order it exactly the way you want it as a keeper!
Ha Ha, very good. Did think about that and the real way to make some weight savings would be to lose some weight and fill the tank up half full, but realistically that probably won't happen!

Thanks for your encouragement! My wife is convinced that this won't be a keeper and a few years down the line I'll be hunting again!
Old 01-24-2010, 06:51 PM
buttons123
Instructor

Originally Posted by sharkster
Way cool indeed. I think we chatted last week (possibly?). Unless someone else in your area is getting one too Didn't know you were doing a pick up... That is going to be so much fun!
Hi Sharky,

I spoke to you about a year ago about your bypass system, but not recently.

I am interested in buying one in a month or two, hopefully the exchange rate will get a little better by then. I will be doing a factory pick up in June of my MKII.

Can you guarantee me a 105db rating, or less, when revved to 4000rpm (in neutral) with the sport button off? I ask because that's mostly the limit for track days in the UK and european tracks. Tracks are getting more and more strict and lots of days are limited to 98 db.

I also love the wide diameter tips and do you supply a rear roll cage in conjunction with the sport bucket seats (GT2) which allows the seat to move back and forth? I need to fix a 6point harness and camera mounts.

ps love all the work you do on Porsches
Old 01-24-2010, 07:04 PM
buttons123
Instructor

" Inscription on the passenger side "Hang on"?

One of my childhood memories is my dad (Knows nothing about cars.) handing me the option guide and asked "What do I need?" [/QUOTE] "

Love " Hang on ", also " The Journey is the reward " is in the running.

I too, had a Dad that just did that very same thing to me on most of the cars he bought as I got interested in our ride.......all with Fords but they were the Porsches to me then (12+)....... Miss him.... would be nice for him to see this

Last edited by buttons123; 01-24-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-24-2010, 09:25 PM
buttons123
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nizer
Buttons: What's the total to do all the stitching? Thanks.
£1298 GBP for the stitching as above but all "exclusive" leather options, steering wheel, sun visors, gear lever trim etc, etc, come with the deviated stitching included in the price under code 09991....... price £00.00. I guess it's built into the leather options.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Thanks. Looks great, BTW.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:11 PM
_rocket
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buttons123
£1298 GBP for the stitching as above but all "exclusive" leather options, steering wheel, sun visors, gear lever trim etc, etc, come with the deviated stitching included in the price under code 09991....... price £00.00. I guess it's built into the leather options.
You guessed wrong. AFAIK the thin smooth leather steering wheel (841) is NOT an exclusive option (even if the configurator says it is) thus will NOT come with dev stitching, even under option 09991. The std alcantara gearlever/handbrake is obviously not an exclusive item either. Adding XPA thicker leather wheel if it exists (or CLA thicker alcantara) and DAT alcantara just might fix that - you'll have to check with PCGB or better yet with the factory.

It'll cost another £1000 or 1500 pounds on top. Yep, about 3 grand in total. If you want to play, you have to pay.

Options that are exclusive in reality:

XPA thicker leather steering wheel (if it exists)
CLA thicker alcantara steering wheel
DAT alcantara gearlever/handbrake (yes this looks very similar to the one in the GT3 but if you want red stitching...)
DAW leather aluminium gearlever/handrake (this includes XDZ. Pretty cool, eh?)

Regards.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:36 PM
buttons123
Instructor

Originally Posted by _rocket
You guessed wrong. AFAIK the thin smooth leather steering wheel (841) is NOT an exclusive option (even if the configurator says it is) thus will NOT come with dev stitching, even under option 09991. The std alcantara gearlever/handbrake is obviously not an exclusive item either. Adding XPA thicker leather wheel if it exists (or CLA thicker alcantara) and DAT alcantara just might fix that - you'll have to check with PCGB or better yet with the factory.

It'll cost another £1000 or 1500 pounds on top. Yep, about 3 grand in total. If you want to play, you have to pay.

Options that are exclusive in reality:

XPA thicker leather steering wheel (if it exists)
CLA thicker alcantara steering wheel
DAT alcantara gearlever/handbrake (yes this looks very similar to the one in the GT3 but if you want red stitching...)
DAW leather aluminium gearlever/handrake (this includes XDZ. Pretty cool, eh?)

Regards.
Cheers Rocket,

I have James Eastwood GT3 Product Manager at PCGB looking into to the order and I'll probably finalise at Silverstone on my test drive day! Will keep you informed
Old 01-25-2010, 03:46 PM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

buttons123: is your purchase on a GT3 or an RS? I understand that there are a lot of restrictions here in the US, but I didn't see any leather options available for the US when I looked at the order sheet for the RS? It was only available for the non-RS.

Congrats on the purchase, I wish we can pull some strings here and there in the US.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:55 PM
buttons123
Instructor

Originally Posted by dsu*
buttons123: is your purchase on a GT3 or an RS? I understand that there are a lot of restrictions here in the US, but I didn't see any leather options available for the US when I looked at the order sheet for the RS? It was only available for the non-RS.

Congrats on the purchase, I wish we can pull some strings here and there in the US.
Thanks dsu, I have ordered a GT3 not an RS, I couldn't afford one of those.

Quick Reply: My options list for June - Factory pick up