Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS lighten up

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 03:19 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I will install a fully stocked wet bar in the '10 RS after it arrives.
The car will need a 4 wheel lift kit as well.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed

If you don't like it, that's your ******* problem, get your own money and do whatever the **** you want with it.

Who the hell am I to tell others what to do with their money when purchasing a toy. Otherwise, I do tell people what to do with their money, I'm a Financial Adviser.

BTW if you want Sat/Nav, upgraded stereo, sunroof, heated seats, Espresso machine, cigar humidor, etc..., in your RS, go right ahead. More power to you for being able to afford the ridiculous prices Porsche will charge you for them. So as long as I also have the right to order mine the way I want it.
+1

STFU about being a purist unless you own a cup car. Whoever writes the check can pick whatever f’ing options they want and do whatever the f they want with the car. It seems like ever forum has to have some tool trying to build up his ego telling everyone how hardcore he is. Like small ***** syndrome, the only guy who talks about how big his dick is usually has the smallest one. What is this junior high and people should get the blessing for the options from RL so the will be viewed as pure? LOL!

No matter what the forum is about a true purist supports and edifies others at all levels in the interest.

Anyway we all know true purist post their different track lap times in there sig so we all know how hardcore they are…

Old 01-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dertub
I will install a fully stocked wet bar in the '10 RS after it arrives.
The car will need a 4 wheel lift kit as well.
If you're so concerned wringing out every last bit of performance for your DE's, why not just buy a cup. You'll win every track day you go to!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 05:29 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ how did you know. my glove box has been converted to humidor. now since you are in FL, would you send me some short fat cubans ;-)
Not sure this is what you meant...
Attached Images  
Old 01-16-2010, 06:50 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

The light weight head lights makes sense actually. Cheaper to replace if you have an off and the headlight washers belong on Range Rovers and are useless for a sports car.
With the added weight of the other options it balances it out to someone who got the xenons and didn't order the other options.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:05 PM
BerryS
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dertub
I can't believe that a someone would order an RS with full leather, a lift kit and lightweight headlights !!!

Do buyers really understand the history of this car?
?????

Unless you order yours with ac/radio delete + lightweight battery, I'm calling you a poser.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe S.
+1

STFU about being a purist unless you own a cup car. Whoever writes the check can pick whatever f’ing options they want and do whatever the f they want with the car. It seems like ever forum has to have some tool trying to build up his ego telling everyone how hardcore he is. Like small ***** syndrome, the only guy who talks about how big his dick is usually has the smallest one. What is this junior high and people should get the blessing for the options from RL so the will be viewed as pure? LOL!

No matter what the forum is about a true purist supports and edifies others at all levels in the interest.

Anyway we all know true purist post their different track lap times in there sig so we all know how hardcore they are…

+++
Couldn't say it better myself. Why anyone concerns themselves with how others spend their money is beyond me.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:55 AM
prosper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
+++
Couldn't say it better myself. Why anyone concerns themselves with how others spend their money is beyond me.
Come to think of it,
I do NOT think people like "dertub" are really sincerely concern about other's money,
afterall it is not their money...

but

people like "dertub" just want to take this issue to BASH/INSULT other and hoping by doing that it will make them look so much better/superior for their own ego...

because whenever they are able to look down other, and BASH/INSULT them, it make people like "dertub" happy.
I suspect being rich enough to be able to buy GT3 RS for
"dertub" is still not enough to make "dertub" happy,
because there are still many people who also can afford to buy the same GT3 RS,
and some of those people have options their car with many extra options than what "dertub" car had.

and
"dertub" worry that general public who do not into track racing, might think that dertub can not afford to buy all those extra options...

Look if "dertub" GT3 RS is park side by side with another GT3 RS which have Full Leather,
and Deviated color Stitching,
to the General public eye,
that other GT3 RS with full leather and deviated Stitching would look "superior" compare to "dertub" plain bare lightweight car.

some other guy might show off to the general public that the front of his car can be raise with the lift kit to avoid hitting scratching the front splitter,
and to the general public it will bring awe (uh ah)/admiration,
and again if "dertub" car was happened to be right next to that guy,
and make annoying scratching noise,...
"dertub" would feel that everybody there (general public) would think "dertub's" car is "inferior"... since "dertub's" car do not have the lift kits.

so to prevent those from happening, "dertub" take premptive measure and take early actions by "explaining his rationality" to all other enthusiast here,
and at the same time try to show his Superior attitude with "GT3 RS low option and lightweight mantra".

Everybody including "dertub" is basically just trying to be happy here,

the problem is, "dertub" happiness come from BASHING/INSULTING/LOOKDOWN on others...

"dertub" you do not have to worry about what the general public think about your car,

afterall, it is worth much more to get an approval nod from fellow enthusiast
that fully understand and can appreciate your Lightweight Philosophy,

than to get a thumbs up from some random guy that you met on a gas station...
Old 01-17-2010, 07:59 AM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by prosper
Come to think of it,
I do NOT think people like "dertub" are really sincerely concern about other's money,
afterall it is not their money...

but

people like "dertub" just want to take this issue to BASH/INSULT other and hoping by doing that it will make them look so much better/superior for their own ego...

because whenever they are able to look down other, and BASH/INSULT them, it make people like "dertub" happy.
I suspect being rich enough to be able to buy GT3 RS for
"dertub" is still not enough to make "dertub" happy,
because there are still many people who also can afford to buy the same GT3 RS,
and some of those people have options their car with many extra options than what "dertub" car had.

and
"dertub" worry that general public who do not into track racing, might think that dertub can not afford to buy all those extra options...

Look if "dertub" GT3 RS is park side by side with another GT3 RS which have Full Leather,
and Deviated color Stitching,
to the General public eye,
that other GT3 RS with full leather and deviated Stitching would look "superior" compare to "dertub" plain bare lightweight car.

some other guy might show off to the general public that the front of his car can be raise with the lift kit to avoid hitting scratching the front splitter,
and to the general public it will bring awe (uh ah)/admiration,
and again if "dertub" car was happened to be right next to that guy,
and make annoying scratching noise,...
"dertub" would feel that everybody there (general public) would think "dertub's" car is "inferior"... since "dertub's" car do not have the lift kits.

so to prevent those from happening, "dertub" take premptive measure and take early actions by "explaining his rationality" to all other enthusiast here,
and at the same time try to show his Superior attitude with "GT3 RS low option and lightweight mantra".

Everybody including "dertub" is basically just trying to be happy here,

the problem is, "dertub" happiness come from BASHING/INSULTING/LOOKDOWN on others...

"dertub" you do not have to worry about what the general public think about your car,

afterall, it is worth much more to get an approval nod from fellow enthusiast
that fully understand and can appreciate your Lightweight Philosophy,

than to get a thumbs up from some random guy that you met on a gas station...
edit: nevermind... not worth commenting on.

Last edited by early_grayce; 01-17-2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: realized it's not worth engaging...
Old 01-17-2010, 10:30 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to thank my fellow entertainers for the belly laugh this morning.

Thank ya' Thank ya' very much...

Too bad we can't fuel up the tanks and run the cars off emotion
Old 01-17-2010, 10:52 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,813 Likes on 2,382 Posts

prosper, in that spirit, we should have a post of the CHEAPEST RS in USA. i may just win. white, no option and no delete.

if i do win, maybe there should be a pot of money for me so i can out fit the car with some safety equipment ;-)
Old 01-17-2010, 11:16 AM
prosper
Instructor

Originally Posted by early_grayce
edit: nevermind... not worth commenting on.
I got absolutely No Problem Rob,
and Thanks anyway for Bumping Up this Thread
Old 01-17-2010, 11:24 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

saw that car. but it's an "outlaw"
i was saying that all modern production cars are FAT. so am i...

i'll work on dropping 20 lbs first.
Great point. I bet I could trim 20lbs more quickly and cheaply than Porsche can...maybe;-)
Old 01-17-2010, 11:25 AM
prosper
Instructor

prosper, in that spirit, we should have a post of the CHEAPEST RS in USA. i may just win. white, no option and no delete.

if i do win, maybe there should be a pot of money for me so i can out fit the car with some safety equipment ;-)
Hi Mooty,
I had read many of your post before,
and I think I knew you quite well (on rennlist and from your post).
and with regard to your case,
I am sure,
You are Confident with your option choice,
You know what you need, You Focus on that,
and You buy only what you need for your purpose,
and most importantly You clearly do NOT fell Inferior for your choice.
unlike,...

and You clearly support the freedom of choice provided from Porsche to fill the Different Need of
their customer.

and again, as fellow enthusiast, I don't see your RS as the Cheapest RS in USA,
but I see your RS as a purpose built RS for Mooty Specific Needs.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:00 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NinetyOneC2
Great point. I bet I could trim 20lbs more quickly and cheaply than Porsche can...maybe;-)
Maybe we should have a requirement that anyone who posts about weight savings on their car should have to post their body fat percentage also?

Quick Reply: RS lighten up