Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

What's the story with your login user name???

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 12:35 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
I just want to say that this is the most awesomest thing ever. I love your "GT3 RX" decal. Style counts.
I'll take a bow to that! Thanks!

I must say it is very interesting to hear all the comments at the track, ranging from, "I didn't think the RS had that rear wing" to "when did they come out with this model" to "so, what's up with the RX" The cool part is the X can so easily be mistaken for the S with the graphics font being so close to the OEM RS graphics. Gotta keep it lively!
Old 12-23-2009, 05:18 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
ichiban (means first, best, etc in japanese) is because I had just come back from a vacation in japan and signed up for a new RL account. I'm gaijin, but all the RL'ers always assume I'm japanese! cracks me up
LMAO! Not even gonna lie, before I knew you, I thought, "Sick! A japanese baseball player on RL!" One of these days we'll have to go back for an F1 race.

Back in high school, all I talked about were cars, with friends who knew and cared nothing about them. Their response was always the same, "Dude! Shut up! F***in car nerd!"
Old 12-23-2009, 01:16 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A fun thread. Some of these are really entertaining! Mine is at the end...

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
I use TeamDrugMoney because I am a pharmacist and like to be boastful of my ability to sell drugs to users. I also continued this with changing my 2010 GT3 into a GT3 RX. I am told it is the only one Porsche ever made.
Yeah, well, you missed your calling as a graphic artist!

Originally Posted by oleg steciw
Um, let's see, "Oleg" because it's, well how do I put it, it's my first name, and "Steciw", hmmm, this is tough, because it's my last name!!

I guess not very original in today's standards, but I've been around this board since the old board was still in place (anyone remember that one - the lower tech version??) and guys like Viken ruled the board. Somehow Viken set the precedence to use our full names back then, or at least he did so, and I followed and I've been too lazy to change it!
Yes, I remember. But I would have never guessed that Oleg Steciw was your actual name!

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
I use to go by "its pat", that stuck for the better part of say 15 years. It changed to itsIRIEpat because I'm really into Reggae music. But a lot has changed in my life in the past 5 years so I decided to change my handle. Besides everyone would ask me if I was a dude or a chick so I got tired of explaining which I was. People I use to know from my BBS days use to call me Pat in person. I also go by Gus and Tree because I am so damn tall. Though my real name is Timothy or just Tim!
Do you also go by Sybil?

Originally Posted by army scope jockey
I used to be an army gastroenterologist.
For some reason, the juxtaposition of "gastro", "scope" and "jockey" makes me want to postpone that future colonoscopy!

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
I'm a skull base neurosurgeon.
What ever happened to the plain-jane run of the mill neurosurgeons?

Originally Posted by U4IA187
U4IA -- obvious
187 -- homicide, death

french lit derivative of euphoric death/homicide is the word orgasm, hence, U4IA187,
OK, so... you're a French orgasm. But "what's the story with your login/user name?"

Originally Posted by WalkerInTN
My first name is Walker, & I live in Tennessee.
I like it.

My initials are ERV, and I live in Texas.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:38 PM
gooner
Instructor

gooner - nickname for Arsenal fans - soccer team based in london england - as am originally from the UK! and we play aston villa this weekend hope to go - as i am sure everyone will be keen to hear if we win! not!
Old 12-23-2009, 01:51 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Um, I sell black and round things.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

My last name is hyphenated with Leigh being the first name; ninth generation of the hyphen. For some reason I still haven't had explained to my satisfaction my parents made my middle name Leigh as well; apparently after some negotiation with my grandfather. Of course someone had to take note and started to call me Leigh squared so Leigh2 became a handy user name
Old 12-23-2009, 02:01 PM
optionpunk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
booooooooooooooo
I was going to study small engine repair at home but I lost the matchbook...
ganbatte kudasai
Old 12-23-2009, 04:50 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

<--- It was my license plate first, so I used it as a handle and website as well.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:48 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spent a great deal of my youth pretending that one day i would be a Concert Pianist.

found that some meters (timing) felt more "natural" for me.my favorite was allegretto or allegro

then, i thought i would race cars. since i'm neither the fastest or the slowest, once again i'm "a little fast".
Old 12-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

I also harken back to the old days when Viken was The Mod. I stuck with it because it reminds me to think about what I post since there is no hiding behind a real name

Quick Reply: What's the story with your login user name???