Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Need help to get a set of Nitto NT01 today!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 01:51 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation Need help to get a set of Nitto NT01 today!

Went over my RS one last time last night in preparation for Laguna tomorrow and discover a crack on one of my rear Nitto tire!! My rear tires are pretty worn out and I thought I could squeeze in another track event ... I guess wrong. I called at least 5 shops and the earliest I can get it is tomorrow afternoon

I need to find a set of Nitto NT01 315/30/18 near Sacramento area or next to Laguna Seca. Any help is greatly appreciated

Old 12-03-2009, 02:10 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

At one time I bought Toyos from a supplier that is next to Laguna Seca and stores them up there. PM Mooty.

No clue about NT-01 never got to like them.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:40 PM
mkozink
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
Went over my RS one last time last night in preparation for Laguna tomorrow and discover a crack on one of my rear Nitto tire!! My rear tires are pretty worn out and I thought I could squeeze in another track event ... I guess wrong. I called at least 5 shops and the earliest I can get it is tomorrow afternoon

I need to find a set of Nitto NT01 315/30/18 near Sacramento area or next to Laguna Seca. Any help is greatly appreciated

I can't tell from the picture you included (or even if that is a picture of the tire in question) but the "crack" or line perpendicular to the tread may be the splice line. I very recently had a similar issue with all 4 BFG R1 tires on my track car. Tirerack (from where they came) told me to rotate the tires from front to rear (the rears in my case had more severe splice lines than the fronts) and keep an eye on them. The R1's can also be mounted "inside out'" which is what they suggested as well. According to them the tires were ok to run as long as you monitor them. FWIW- they said this happens more often on "high hp" cars.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:27 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

The crack is not the groove but you can literally lift up the flap and see the wire underneath

Oh lord ... hope I don't have to use my PS2 tomorrow. Any other leads?
Old 12-03-2009, 03:41 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

not sure about LS
call up AIM tires inside sears point. they may have nittos
nittos do not have big dealer network, good luck
Old 12-03-2009, 04:08 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
not sure about LS
call up AIM tires inside sears point. they may have nittos
nittos do not have big dealer network, good luck
Thanks mooty. AIM is away this weekend. Looks like I am screwed! Maybe I can super glue the crack ....
Old 12-03-2009, 04:41 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mik.

I tried calling a few places but no one has that size in stock from socal up to to you.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:35 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mobonic
Mik.

I tried calling a few places but no one has that size in stock from socal up to to you.
Thanks Shane for trying - really appreciate your help ... tomorrow is going to suck with PS2 ....
Old 12-03-2009, 06:17 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What size fronts do you use?? Do you like R888's??? And do you run stocker 19's or 18's? I have a sick hookup on 85-90% shaved R888's on the West Coast! At this point though I think it's too late :/
Old 12-03-2009, 06:28 PM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

I spent some time trying to find the tires you need but with no luck.
I even called Nittos head office but they said they could not tell me who has the tires in stock. American tire/ Discount tire sells the Nitto NT-01 called a few shops in Sac they did not have that size in stock. Called a few tire stores in Monterey with no luck. One shop said that I just called them, but I did not so someone else was also trying to find the tire for you.
Sorry i could not help get the tires for you.

Joe
Old 12-03-2009, 06:30 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iLLM3
What size fronts do you use?? Do you like R888's??? And do you run stocker 19's or 18's? I have a sick hookup on 85-90% shaved R888's on the West Coast! At this point though I think it's too late :/
care to share the hook up?

I think I am going to stop using the R6 at my local track and save them for tracks that actually have pavement... cords on right front after 6 heat cycles...
Old 12-03-2009, 07:33 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
care to share the hook up?

I think I am going to stop using the R6 at my local track and save them for tracks that actually have pavement... cords on right front after 6 heat cycles...

Of course I will share with all of my rennlist buds  Here is an email I just received! I have gotten tons of tires from John and they were all good and as described. I love R6's as you know, but the wear is just horrendous , they are so good while they last though :/

Hello,

We are currently offering our holiday tire blowout!

All the following sizes are currently in stock sand ready to ship for your holiday needs.

275/40/17* Hoosier R6 85% rubber left
275/35/18 Hoosier slick*cup tires 85% rubber left

275/35/18 R888 85% rubber left from the shaved state
295/30/18 R888 85% rubber left from the shaved state
305/35/18 R888 85% rubber left from the shaved state
335/30/18 R888 85% rubber left from the shaved state

All tires are $135 each shipped with quantity discounts available for order of four or more tires

Please let us know if we can be of assistance.

Seasons greetings and warm regards,

Ron the intern

john B
johnbtires@gmail.com
Old 12-03-2009, 07:43 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im not sure if thsi is the same john that i bought some shaved R888 from a race team... but they were very used when I got them and only lasted 1-2 track days.... very dissaponited.

I just buy them new @ $250... its a no brainer
Old 12-03-2009, 08:09 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4porsh
I spent some time trying to find the tires you need but with no luck.
I even called Nittos head office but they said they could not tell me who has the tires in stock. American tire/ Discount tire sells the Nitto NT-01 called a few shops in Sac they did not have that size in stock. Called a few tire stores in Monterey with no luck. One shop said that I just called them, but I did not so someone else was also trying to find the tire for you.
Sorry i could not help get the tires for you.

Joe

Hey Joe and everyone that help me look for the tires - You guys rocks! Really appreciate all your effort. I am taking a real liking to rennlist members like you that help without asking anything in return

I was the one that call aorund the bay area and towns near Laguna Seca. No luck. Looks like it's going to be PS2 tomorrow. It's not going to be fun since I will have to intentionally slow down as not to exceed the tire limit :cry
Old 12-03-2009, 10:31 PM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
Hey Joe and everyone that help me look for the tires - You guys rocks! Really appreciate all your effort. I am taking a real liking to rennlist members like you that help without asking anything in return

I was the one that call aorund the bay area and towns near Laguna Seca. No luck. Looks like it's going to be PS2 tomorrow. It's not going to be fun since I will have to intentionally slow down as not to exceed the tire limit :cry
Hey mikymu,

At least you will be practicing car control earlier then with NT-01s and you are at Laguna Seca. Have fun and hope to meet you at the track sometime. I have a SY 996 GT3.

Quick Reply: Need help to get a set of Nitto NT01 today!