Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

You probably won't be interested, but...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 12:38 AM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Thanks for the pics.

Holy crap I think the Blue/Gold is off-the-hook good looking. Agreed the interior spec could be weird. I wanted yellow belts, but that would clash with the red door pulls and red G3RS seat back stitching.

Regardless, I am thrilled with how my spec is going to look.
Ordering the Porsche crest in the headrest would replace the red RS script and I bet Techart (or someone) will offer door pulls in different colors very soon.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:29 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The first five pictures remind me of this. No matter how long I look at that weird gray, I just don't get it. Definitely White is the only decent color, with red wheels, 997.1 GT3 RS red decals, and painted mouth in white.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:26 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Holy crap I think the Blue/Gold is off-the-hook good looking.
looking forward to mine next spring!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:02 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out of those, White/Red is for me and just MONEY, Grey right there as well... As I said with the GT3RS.1 though, my dream combo was Cobalt with Black wheels/graphics and ceramics/yellow belts... With the new configurator, aqua blue with black would be SICK!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:22 AM
YearOne
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't ask Andreas about the GT2RS unfortunately as we were on a tight schedule and I plain forgot! He did however make some interesting points:

Porsche HP figures are conservative and the 450bhp they quote is often coming out at 460bhp and above on the bench in testing.

The quoted weight of the car is a WET weight with a full (67L) tank and all fluids whilst the Cup car weight is quoted dry. The dry weight for the RS is only 80kg more than the Cup car.

The intake system includes a new intake manifold with larger and shorter intake tubes than the GT3 in addition to the twin airbox and new ram-intake. This whole package is derived from the RSR fitting any part alone would not work.

They had the Litium Ion battery there to hold and it really is light although again I did not get time to ask about its life span and performance in cold weather or if left.

He was very keen to urge that that the RS feels instantly different to the GT3 to drive and is not just a little step. Chris Harris the Evo Journalist was there too and I spoke to him about the car and his drive in it and as expected his conclusion is that on the road you will not got near the cars potential. With the 997.1GT3/RS it was possible but now the grip levels are too high and he hasn;t tracked one yet.

I asked about the seats in the car and Andreas seemed to mirror my disappointment that the CGT seats (which we got as standard in the 997.1 GT3 here in Europe) are an expensive option for the RS. All three cars there had the CGT seats and I think should be the default with the GT2 seats as the option.

With regard to brakes he was very diplomatic and although he is clearly a fan of the PCCB he seemed very pleased with the new steel brakes too. The performance difference comes from the initial bite of the pad onto the disk. He suggested that about two years of heavy tracking would require new PCCB discs, they are designed to last a 24hr race.

He also had been stung by the criticism that the colour schemes had come in for on the internet and said they had been reading it all. He said that the market for these cars is wider now and people need to have the option to personalise their cars unlike the 996GT3RS but clearly they got those graphics wrong and know it hence why you can have the car any colour way you can imagine now.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:17 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the info Henry! Did you see Buttons123 there? He is the guy also with a Martini GT3 that people keep confusing the two of you over at the Ring.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:54 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

Thank you for posting that info, much appreciated

hence why you can have the car any colour way you can imagine now.
That is great news, at least they are listening. I'm affraid it will be to late for my Feb build date.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by YearOne
.....hence why you can have the car any colour way you can imagine now.
Will all other "non-standard" colors be under PTS at $5,500 cost increase or will it fall under color pricing for standard GT3?
Old 12-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Boxster Coupe GTS
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up 2010 Porsche 997 GT3 RS: Decals and Paint Options...

He also had been stung by the criticism that the colour schemes had come in for on the internet and said they had been reading it all. He said that the market for these cars is wider now and people need to have the option to personalise their cars unlike the 996GT3RS but clearly they got those graphics wrong and know it hence why you can have the car any colour way you can imagine now.

2010-Porsche-997-GT3-RS--Decals-and-Paint Options_Rennlist-Link

Thanks for the confirmation!
Old 12-01-2009, 02:15 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YearOne thanks for the info bud.. That is exciting, I cannot wait to experience one, hopefully I will have the chance as I know one of my crazy friends in NY will get one!

It's also cool to hear that PNA reads what the consumers want, and are willing to make a bit of change, kind of refreshing to know !
Old 12-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Did they get some new Ricer guy in the Decal Design Department?
Old 12-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Ritesh
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not feeling the Gold wheels.

IMHO - Best is White with Red with red calipers or Gray with red/red calipers.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:41 PM
JuanCarpantier
Instructor

I love the aqua blue
Old 12-01-2009, 04:50 PM
flash1034
Pro

I hate the "gold." What are they thinking? Would make a great chick car though...IMHO

Flash
Old 12-01-2009, 05:02 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

With regard to brakes he was very diplomatic and although he is clearly a fan of the PCCB he seemed very pleased with the new steel brakes too. The performance difference comes from the initial bite of the pad onto the disk. He suggested that about two years of heavy tracking would require new PCCB discs, they are designed to last a 24hr race.
This matches the information I read in Christophorus years ago when they interviewed one of the SuperCup teams, and they said they could get a season out of rear PCCB rotors and half a season out of the front rotors.

SuperCup has 10-12 races that lasts around 20-25 minutes, sometimes they run a couple of races in the weekend, plus qualifying and practice. Depending on the schedule, the have in between 2 and 4 hours of track time in the SuperCup cars (997 GT3 Cup), in the worse case scenario they need new PCCB rotors every 24 hours and in the best case, every 48 hours.

For the average track day car, where we don't expose the PCCB rotors to racing conditions, plus the additional wear caused by the grip on Michelin slicks, I bet we can get more than 48 track hours out of these rotors.

I sent my letter to PCNA, they contacted me explaining that the order guide has not yet arrived, and I asked them to forward my letter to Porsche Ag, so the factory is aware of my feedback, and my intentions to cancel my order if no PTS was offered for this exclusive car.

I'm aware that other people have complained directly to Porsche. It is very nice to know that Andreas is reading the Porsche forums, and it is even nicer that he acknowledges the problem with the ugly colors and the totally wrong graphics.

This is the second time I read about PTS being considered for the new RS.

Quick Reply: You probably won't be interested, but...