SW 3.9 First impressions

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 02:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,785 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
I feel for ya - familiar to your story...second rotator cuff injury from mountain biking. I tell my wife racing is safer....
LOL, i dont t hink i have rotator cuff anymore.
i can't raise either one of my arms above shoulder. MANY mt bike crashes from my daredevil youth.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:00 AM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i can't raise either one of my arms above shoulder. MANY mt bike crashes from my daredevil youth.
Mooty mtbike crashes don't really hurt you until you are 65 or older
After that you have to limit the bad ones to one or two a year!
Old 10-27-2012, 01:20 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 555 Posts

It's crazy...I used to play around a lot with dirtbikes and offroad stuff....but mountain biking for some reason is more injury prone.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:25 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,785 Likes on 2,371 Posts

there are some trecherous trails in peninsula, not canadian north shore suicide stuff, but 4' plus drops are common after moguls. some illegal trail in berkeley hills, single track steep, mogul, stumps 4' drop then brake hard lean the bike and make hard right or you are in a stream..... 90% of the time i make it.... but it's those 10% that you really feel sorry for yourself.......

i also smashed my head into a large rock is i rolled down some enbankment once. it may explain why i am sort of strange and somewhat insane....

but now i just rode road bikes..... less things to hit, more things to hit me though
Old 10-27-2012, 01:26 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
Mooty mtbike crashes don't really hurt you until you are 65 or older
After that you have to limit the bad ones to one or two a year!
My buddy tore his in Jiu Jitsu class. He can barely ahem... pee in a urinal if you know what I mean You on the other hand will need to be in tip top form next week as there's apparently some crazy 1200hp Turbo that needs driving
Old 10-27-2012, 01:32 AM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sharkster
My buddy tore his in Jiu Jitsu class. He can barely ahem... pee in a urinal if you know what I mean You on the other hand will need to be in tip top form next week as there's apparently some crazy 1200hp Turbo that needs driving
Hehe! You know me, I'm all in!
Old 10-27-2012, 12:05 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
Hehe! You know me, I'm all in!
My blue car has is the only ohe with nav in it so we will have to use that Pick up the Raiders game and then the SF Giants...
Old 10-27-2012, 12:51 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
It's crazy...I used to play around a lot with dirtbikes and offroad stuff....but mountain biking for some reason is more injury prone.
Only had minor scuffs from cycling (road bikes, and triathlon), but both shoulders, left elbow destroyed from weight lifting and jim jitsu for about 7 years.
left hand with 4 broken fingers, 7 screws and plate, broken nose, mouth stitched form the inside out, right eye, and cheeks.... rough young years that I'm paying now. Oh, and left ankle is pretty bad too.

If I only knew...
Old 10-27-2012, 03:19 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts

I've been lucky. Nothing serious from mountain biking and have yet to get plowed over on the road yet. Season is pretty much over up here for me though.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:46 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Only had minor scuffs from cycling (road bikes, and triathlon), but both shoulders, left elbow destroyed from weight lifting and jim jitsu for about 7 years.
left hand with 4 broken fingers, 7 screws and plate, broken nose, mouth stitched form the inside out, right eye, and cheeks.... rough young years that I'm paying now. Oh, and left ankle is pretty bad too.

If I only knew...
Catches up to you, doesn't it.

Never broke anything, but lots of road rash from road bike racing. Now, at 53, joint pain comes and goes, and everything takes longer to heal, boo.

Oh well, it was fun.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

there are some trecherous trails in peninsula, not canadian north shore suicide stuff, but 4' plus drops are common after moguls. some illegal trail in berkeley hills, single track steep, mogul, stumps 4' drop then brake hard lean the bike and make hard right or you are in a stream..... 90% of the time i make it.... but it's those 10% that you really feel sorry for yourself.......

i also smashed my head into a large rock is i rolled down some enbankment once. it may explain why i am sort of strange and somewhat insane....

but now i just rode road bikes..... less things to hit, more things to hit me though
Mooty it sounds like you have been riding beginners trails, you need to come ride with me! I can't find anyone to ride with my own sons won't ride with me. I took one of my oldest sons friends with me once, lent him my backup bike an Ellsworth full suspension, he crashed and broke one of helmets in three places plus dislocated his shoulder. I caught hell from his mother, wife and grandmother! On second thought maybe you shouldn't come ride with me, I don't want to catch hell from Mrs Mooty!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:08 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,671 Likes on 776 Posts

Nuts..plain nuts..
Old 10-31-2012, 12:51 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Took up offroad motorcycling last year (never had been a motorcycle rider beforehand,,,bought a KTM 530 EXC, the Porsche of motorcycles) -- biffed it and went to the E-room for a hematoma below my knee that was LARGER than the knee itself.....

Note to self: Knee guards
Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol

Quick Reply: SW 3.9 First impressions