Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Looking for an '10 RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 12:55 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Looking for an '10 RS

I am posting this because 2 people read my earlier post about how I was screwed out of an RS and sent me some leads on a car. This was unexpected and appreciated. I never thought of asking for this in the forum, so why not?

I am not a broker and I will not flip the car. I want to buy it and enjoy it...on track and off.

Regards, Karl
Old 11-28-2009, 11:30 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump

I have been having back-channel chat with Karl over the past few weeks and he is a "true" enthusiast and as worthy as anyone of an RS slot. He is not a flipper or speculator or bubble wrapper (all of which I have zero respect for).

If anyone could contact Karl via IM and hook him up with an RS slot at MSRP you could feel really good about supporting an enthusiast.

Nothing in it for me, I just want to see the real car guys, not the parasites and more-money-than-brains crowd, get the cars.

The good karma will come back to you!
Old 11-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I'm sorry about the whole situation, and I wish there was more you could do through PCNA channels; guess they really don't care what happens to their customers otherwise there would already be a resolution to this ordeal. At this point I doubt he will be getting one new at MSRP. If I was in this situation I would have personally called each dealership in North America.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:39 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

I am doing this. 5 a day. I love the responses. Chicago area today: "We are getting 2 and we are asking $20k over." That implies that there are no takers!

Karl
Old 11-28-2009, 06:09 PM
DJN
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts

Good luck Karl!

Be patient, I am sure one at MSRP will drop on your doorstep soon. Not everyone can buy an RS in this economic climate....there WILL be cars available when "push comes to shove".

Cheers!
Doug N.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:48 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

I looked all over for MSRP, not ONE DEALER was giving it to great customers/new/old/young/short/etc. for MSRP lol, sucks

Best of luck in your search and sorry to hear about your whole past ordeal, terrible!
Old 11-28-2009, 09:31 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

I laughed my *** of at the "bubble wrap" comment by savyboy. Actually I wanted to race it. Rally in Mexico. I cannot use a cup car. It has to be an insured legal street car. I figured that I might as well come clean on my intentions. I will take care of it however!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:35 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Texasviany,
which dealer in Chicago is asking $20k over?...I need to make sure I stay out of there for parts, etc.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:14 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by texasviany
I laughed my *** of at the "bubble wrap" comment by savyboy. Actually I wanted to race it. Rally in Mexico. I cannot use a cup car. It has to be an insured legal street car. I figured that I might as well come clean on my intentions. I will take care of it however!
Carerra Panamericana maybe? That looks like a lot of fun but you are a braver man than I if you would take a brand new RS down there I thought that was mainly vintage cars though so maybe I have the wrong race.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:15 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Ed Napelton
Also Park Place in Dallas is asking "market value"....whatever that means
Old 11-29-2009, 12:22 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Bob_Dallas. I never expected anyone to mention the Carrera here! I just finished the Carrera. The last 3 times that I ran it we were 3,4,5 overall in a 4-cylinder car. (1960 Volvo) I had a huge lead while in second this year and had my first "off" in nearly 10 years and ended up 5th. They are not allowing the modern cars to run. They allowed an exhibition class to run 2 years ago and a RS ran and got crushed. There are other races down there more suited for an RS and not my Volvo. Here is a link to one of the races: http://www.chihuahuaexpress.com/

Here is a link to some in-car this year. (We catch a French driven 911 about 3 minutes in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ldrhOTT89o
Old 11-29-2009, 01:35 PM
MarekN
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have thought that by now we would have learned our common lesson with Porsche and the way the GT3/RS has been marketed and sold in the past three years. I read just today in evo magazine that "these will be hard to come by", but didnīt that line also make its rounds the last time around?
I am sure that unless you plan on being disappointed if you donīt get a new RS the minute it goes on sale, all of us who want one will get one. Especially if there is this game of "premiums" on the US market. We donīt have that over here. If you really have the money to put on the table at any dealer, anywhere, than I donīt see how any one of us will find themselves out of a car in the next two years.

Rest assured, as was the case with the past generation, by that time there will be something even more tasty around the corner, regardless whether itīs something from Porsche like the the rumoured Spyder RS street version, or whatever else from other makers, and the RS will be for taking.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:45 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Bob_Dallas. I never expected anyone to mention the Carrera here! I just finished the Carrera. The last 3 times that I ran it we were 3,4,5 overall in a 4-cylinder car. (1960 Volvo) I had a huge lead while in second this year and had my first "off" in nearly 10 years and ended up 5th. They are not allowing the modern cars to run. They allowed an exhibition class to run 2 years ago and a RS ran and got crushed. There are other races down there more suited for an RS and not my Volvo. Here is a link to one of the races: http://www.chihuahuaexpress.com/

Here is a link to some in-car this year. (We catch a French driven 911 about 3 minutes in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ldrhOTT89o
Wow, that looks like a blast. Good job on solid finishes, it sounds like you have a lot of experience with this race. I've thought about building a 911 based car for it in a few years. I have a few things like that on my list that I need to get done.

That race is an important part of Porsche's early racing history as I'm sure you know.

I'd love to hear more about the Chihuahua as you get closer to things there. Good luck finding a car! BTW - where in Texas are you?
Old 11-29-2009, 02:56 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

I am in Austin. I want to race a 911 in the worst way. The company that manages my program will only support cars that are capable of winning overall. Some rich due, I mean a real rich dude...sent over 8 MINT vintage 911s for him and his friends to race. What a show. A well drive 911 can make the top 15 overall.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Tom B
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent you a PM - I'm passing on my allocation and it's available.

Tom

I am posting this because 2 people read my earlier post about how I was screwed out of an RS and sent me some leads on a car. This was unexpected and appreciated. I never thought of asking for this in the forum, so why not?

I am not a broker and I will not flip the car. I want to buy it and enjoy it...on track and off.

Regards, Karl

Quick Reply: Looking for an '10 RS