Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Looking for an '10 RS

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009 | 03:55 PM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I want the thicker alcantara wheel, but it would be a shame to lose the yellow stripe.
Please let us know. I wouldn't want the thicker wheel if it doesn't have the yellow stripe.
Old 12-05-2009 | 04:05 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Right after the car that I was expecting was taken away I called the president of PCNA. I did not get through, but I did have dialog with is administrative assistant. Here is my latest correspondence with her:

Hi Ginny,

I am following up after our recent email exchanges to update you on what has happened with my pursuit of an RS. To review, I reached out to Mr. von Platen shortly after my local dealer in Austin, TX took an RS away from me after telling me that I was receiving a car. (I had a deposit and order for over a year.)

First off, I have been blessed by the generosity of a fellow enthusiast who GAVE me his unused allocation for an RS. I have since placed the order and optioned out the build.

Secondly, to my disappointment no one from PCNA ever called me. I trust that you passed along my story to the concerned parties, and I can only assume that they won't call me for fear of confrontation. This is in spite of my promise to you that I would not conduct the conversation in that manner.

My next option is to ask you to please forward on my comments on to the proper person(s) within PCNA. (As a former CEO, I was interested in my customers comments.)

My opinion is that Porsche developed the RS as a "marketing product" for the purpose of developing greater brand awareness, driving website traffic, and most importantly, creating an exciting outlook among Porsche's long time customers and motorsport enthusiasts.

The problem is that RS sales are being controlled by independent franchisees, whose interests may not always align with Porsche's. The net effect is that the RS release is causing more negative talk among the Porsche community than I have ever seen. In scanning the message boards, it appears that there are numerous examples of long-time Porsche owners who were expecting a car, only to lose it because of short-sighted dealers who prefer a quick profit, as opposed to cultivating the value of a life-long customer.

My observation is that Porsche is not generating the positive experience within their customer base that it had probably expected to gain with the release of this exciting car.

Lastly, I want to acknowledge Porsche of the Main Line in PA. They sold me an RS at MSRP, which they did not have to do. They will get all of my future Porsche business.

I appreciate you attention to this matter.

Warm Regards,

Karl Scheible
Old 12-05-2009 | 04:17 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Karl,

I am sorry to say we have been there done that with the '07RS.
I suspect that as long as there are buyers out there that are willing to pay over MSRP it will continue to happen.

As you found out nothing changed. PCNA could or did not want to change it in the last 2 years.

All we can do is post names of dealers who are selling over MSRP and worse than that the ones who do not follow through on their contracts to sell at MSRP.
Old 12-05-2009 | 04:22 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Hmmm...not part of the first circus. In fact, my dealer (I was in NY at the time) called me to offer an RS at MSRP, so I assumed that things were cool. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-05-2009 | 04:26 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I was trying to buy a new RS, but ther were all gone.
So in April '08 I picked a dealer (Reeves in Tampa) that honored MSRP price and sold all RS cars at that price.

My dealer got 2 cars and says he has 10+ people in line for a car and they will be sold in the order of deposits received. I happend to end up first in line. Never bought a car there before, but friends have and I will again. And again. And again.

When it is time to buy my wife something I will drive 5 hours to go get it if they offer me the same price as the local stealers.

Quick Reply: Looking for an '10 RS