Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

No allocation for me...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 09:35 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down No allocation for me...

Looks like the dealer's family scooped up the only 2 slots.
Maybe I should be spending my money elsewhere...
Old 11-04-2009, 09:47 PM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wow...family? I'm sorry to hear that.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:10 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dertub
Looks like the dealer's family scooped up the only 2 slots.
Maybe I should be spending my money elsewhere...
Are you selling one of your current P-Cars to make room? If so which one?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:19 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

No.. at least for now. Without an allocation, I don't have to be concerned. I will keep the '07 RS and probably store the '04 GT3 elsewhere if I can get a '10 RS. I'd like to kick my wife's Benz C230 out, but.... well. you know. If plans change, I will let you know. I'm a little upset about all of this....
Old 11-04-2009, 10:28 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my neck of the woods, the family are the defacto flippers

own them for 1k miles then consign them at the dealership for over msrp and in msft country they get the overage all the time

blood is thicker than water I guess
Old 11-04-2009, 10:32 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, it really sucks. Kinda makes me want to go out and buy something else.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:57 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Dertub. You have a right to be upset. The way the dealers SCREWED us the last time with 997.1 RS's I would have thought with THIS economy the would be more than willing to take care of their customers.
I bet you they are just going to flip the cars. Leaving you out in the cold AND/OR OUT of ALOT more CASH than MSRP. I guarantee you those cars will be on the floor with a nice bonus attached to the MSRP.
I tell you we ALL should boycott the RS until PCNA comes around and respects its customers.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:04 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^
You confuse PCNA and the Dealers, there is a healthy legal (anti-trust) separation between the two. PCNA is, to a large degree, helpless over the implementation of unscrupulous Dealer policies.. in the short term.

Longer term, they can bring the recalcitrant Dealers into line with optimized policies..but it takes time... 'tis a Dealer thing .. 100%
Old 11-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dertub
Yeah, it really sucks. Kinda makes me want to go out and buy something else.
I would just take my business elsewhere. With the profit margin that is in one of these cars, you deserve to be treated right. The dealer may or may not care, but at lease you will feel good about who you write a $100+ check to.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:18 PM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

seriously.... i have no clue wtf these dealers are thinking.... they just don't understand what true Loyal Customers mean... and how to take care of them...

anyway... maybe buy a GT2? nicely option, low mile 08/09 can be had for mid 100s right?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:19 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

I'm thinking of putting the money on another dream of mine, maybe a '69-'73 restored 911 S. Assuredly a garage queen for the most part, but a great part of history and fun on the weekends for sure.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
^
You confuse PCNA and the Dealers, there is a healthy legal (anti-trust) separation between the two. PCNA is, to a large degree, helpless over the implementation of unscrupulous Dealer policies.. in the short term.

Longer term, they can bring the recalcitrant Dealers into line with optimized policies..but it takes time... 'tis a Dealer thing .. 100%
Ok so there is something we can do about this? Like you said it does take time, but how long? Also, I'm sure that PCNA knows of all new car purchases of course; but what about pre-owned and CPO? Is there something they can do to check to see if some of these cars were scooped up by family, and friends, of the dealers and put right back up for sale?

I can see where a family member could dick around in a C4S or Cayenne for a few months then flip it; who cares right? But if both slots for the RS are taken by the family then that is straight up abuse, misuse and not right. Those cars are there for us ensuthist. The dealers are already making a pretty penny on these special models! Why do they have to screw us out of more money; because some dip**** with more money than Davey Crocket can overpay for the gouged price? Do you think the dealer is hurting for money? No way! Sometimes I hate capitalism and the kind of people and behaviors it produces!

I could go on for hours.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:33 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have said State Franchise laws instead of anti-trust (baseball is on).
Old 11-05-2009, 02:02 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I think we (those who have a deposit on a RS) should take it back and call PCNA and tell them that not a single RS will be sold in the US until dertub gets his allotment. That would get their attention
We are the most powerful group in this- just unorganized. This is extortion plain and simple and if we had a Porsche buyers union we could dictate what the dealers do in one week if we were to ban together.
Just like the Sports fan coalition. If we could organize and boycott then things would change. instantly
I as President of the Porsche Buyers Union would not allow a purchase of the new RS untill prices go down. I would also forbid ANYONE of paying some hugely inflated price after the dealers daughter bought the car and flipped it for $100K over.
Also if you elect me president I would not allow RMS to happen any longer!!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:14 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

OG for president!

Quick Reply: No allocation for me...