No allocation for me...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 11:17 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,783 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
+1 for Alfie, He was good to deal with when I got my 05 GT3 sight unseen all over the phone and email. Driving back to FL was a bonus and good breakin.

Peter
what is alfie's email?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:20 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,783 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
mooty- that is pretty damn sad. One can only hope karma comes back to bite that dealer and the sales employees there. Talk about wrong on every level.

Any chance that was Carlsen Porsche? I was invited to submit my offer...with minimum $25k over MSRP. I can buy nearly 3 of the new Boxster Spyders for that. And have as much or more fun than in the RS.

Dertub and mooty-

Just say no to rapacious dealers and name and shame them. I will have a long memory of who took care of me and who didn't.

And yes, I think that when delivery time comes, a lot of "deals" will fall apart and there will be cars on the floor at sticker. Just maybe not how you would have optioned it though.

Keep plugging along, you will get one...
i am in discussion with the unnamed dealer.
if i find my treatment unfair, then i will disclose their name.
and where is alfie?
Old 11-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
+1 I tracked down an open slot at an unnamed dealer. Assured me no market pricing games so we were good to go. Came time to put pen to paper and suddenly they "found another buyer willing to pay $5-$6k over list." Asked me what I wanted to do. I told them go fish and walked.

I'm still number two at my local dealer and am fairly confident they'll get another car before next spring. If not, no worries. There will always be other cars.
"Cough Cough, BULL****, COUGH COUGH"!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
mooty- that is pretty damn sad. One can only hope karma comes back to bite that dealer and the sales employees there. Talk about wrong on every level.

Any chance that was Carlsen Porsche? I was invited to submit my offer...with minimum $25k over MSRP. I can buy nearly 3 of the new Boxster Spyders for that. And have as much or more fun than in the RS.

Dertub and mooty-

Just say no to rapacious dealers and name and shame them. I will have a long memory of who took care of me and who didn't.

And yes, I think that when delivery time comes, a lot of "deals" will fall apart and there will be cars on the floor at sticker. Just maybe not how you would have optioned it though.

Keep plugging along, you will get one...
Do you think I will get Jerked around when I finally go to a dealer to get a Build on a Turbo that, spec'd out, cost $180K before Tax and Licensing?

Hope not. My first experience at Bakersfield was not good. But each time I have gone back to them, and made damn sure I was driving a dirty Subaru, I have been treated very, very well. Tell me to come back as many times I need to. But it is not like I asked to test drive a car yet. Do you think they will want to do a credit check first? I'm trying to do a little bit of a social experiment. Not like I want to test drive that GT3 in the showroom. Will say I was lucky enough to test drive the Turbo Panamera when I was in Europe on Business for several months.

Quick Reply: No allocation for me...