No allocation for me...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 02:17 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Tim I think I should be PPPBG
President Paul of Porsches Buyers Group.
We could do this if we wanted if we could contain our lust.
that would send a ringing note to PCNA
Old 11-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,864 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
^
You confuse PCNA and the Dealers, there is a healthy legal (anti-trust) separation between the two. PCNA is, to a large degree, helpless over the implementation of unscrupulous Dealer policies.. in the short term.

Longer term, they can bring the recalcitrant Dealers into line with optimized policies..but it takes time... 'tis a Dealer thing .. 100%
PCNA and PAG control the supply therefore they control the opportunity for the dealer to be successful in "market pricing" or flipping cars.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I find if funny you guys keep threating to not do business with the STEALERS then you go right back out and buy from them over sticker.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:56 AM
DRG13
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in OG, my boycott has started...

I promise I won't drive my car today...however, my boycott ends tomorrow, sorry
Old 11-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
.....buy from them over sticker.
Never have. Never will.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:01 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dertub: Clarification please: Did you place a deposit and/or sign any kind of contract? If so, then if you want to fight you should have some leverage.

If not...you do understand a verbal assurance of a slot from the dealer is worth the paper it is written on? And that it was incumbent upon you months ago to secure some kind of deal on paper (a purchase offer/contract), with deposit placed? Signed/dated/price specified.

Not trying to give you a hard time but am not sure what measures you took to lock in a deal? Care to share?

With that said, if all of the dealers RS allocations are going to dealer family that does sound pretty crappy and that dealer does deserve to be named and shamed and boycotted. The RS would ideally go to the enthusiasts who would use it as intended (track fun).
Old 11-05-2009, 12:19 PM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OG presendanteeeeeee +1
Old 11-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Why not simply order from another dealer. PM Alfie - a dealer who can probably find you an RS allocation somewhere.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:34 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

5k spec'd. deposit, #3 in line.. first 2 to.. <you know the story> I think another slot will come up. I'm not paying a nickel over MSRP.

If they would have gotten 3, I should have been ok.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:09 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Ok so there is something we can do about this? Like you said it does take time, but how long? Also, I'm sure that PCNA knows of all new car purchases of course; but what about pre-owned and CPO? Is there something they can do to check to see if some of these cars were scooped up by family, and friends, of the dealers and put right back up for sale?

I can see where a family member could dick around in a C4S or Cayenne for a few months then flip it; who cares right? But if both slots for the RS are taken by the family then that is straight up abuse, misuse and not right. Those cars are there for us ensuthist. The dealers are already making a pretty penny on these special models! Why do they have to screw us out of more money; because some dip**** with more money than Davey Crocket can overpay for the gouged price? Do you think the dealer is hurting for money? No way! Sometimes I hate capitalism and the kind of people and behaviors it produces!

I could go on for hours.
another dealer that I know of sells them to friends... and proceeds with the mark up... hard for them to determine family in general, but friends no way they could figure that out...

"the guy bought it at msrp and traded it back in as it was too much car for him and now it is on the floor and for sale at "market" levels"

It will never stop... unless dealers submit lists and PCNA and they check allocations against the lists...

Really... does Porsche really care about this?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:41 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Assuming OP is looking for a RS, I found it amusing dealers are still trying to play games. I see on another forum some guy is able to get $6-8k off MSRP on a new 2010 GT3 already. So by the time these RS hit the showrooms, I think there will be plenty sitting around for MSRP or less. Sorry, I do not believe this "limited production" because that's what they said last time with the RS, iirc. Anyways, what is truly limited is the buyers this time around. Funny money days are gone and many people who have the means are holding off on toys...

To OP, just buy it elsewhere!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dertub
I think another slot will come up. I'm not paying a nickel over MSRP.
+1 I tracked down an open slot at an unnamed dealer. Assured me no market pricing games so we were good to go. Came time to put pen to paper and suddenly they "found another buyer willing to pay $5-$6k over list." Asked me what I wanted to do. I told them go fish and walked.

I'm still number two at my local dealer and am fairly confident they'll get another car before next spring. If not, no worries. There will always be other cars.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:30 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Why not simply order from another dealer. PM Alfie - a dealer who can probably find you an RS allocation somewhere.
+1 for Alfie, He was good to deal with when I got my 05 GT3 sight unseen all over the phone and email. Driving back to FL was a bonus and good breakin.

Peter
Old 11-06-2009, 04:07 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

you think you have been screwed?
i have bought 17 porsches in 7 years from ONE dealer.
and given them over 100 leads with at least 35% actual sales off those leads....
i am given an allocation at a severe mark up..... well. it's market price... i was told.

i guess i'll be racing hondas next year.
afterall, the dirt cheap S2000 has forged pistons and cranks and higher rpm than GT3RS ;-)
and more color choices too.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:57 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
you think you have been screwed?
i have bought 17 porsches in 7 years from ONE dealer.
and given them over 100 leads with at least 35% actual sales off those leads....
i am given an allocation at a severe mark up..... well. it's market price... i was told.
mooty- that is pretty damn sad. One can only hope karma comes back to bite that dealer and the sales employees there. Talk about wrong on every level.

Any chance that was Carlsen Porsche? I was invited to submit my offer...with minimum $25k over MSRP. I can buy nearly 3 of the new Boxster Spyders for that. And have as much or more fun than in the RS.

Dertub and mooty-

Just say no to rapacious dealers and name and shame them. I will have a long memory of who took care of me and who didn't.

And yes, I think that when delivery time comes, a lot of "deals" will fall apart and there will be cars on the floor at sticker. Just maybe not how you would have optioned it though.

Keep plugging along, you will get one...

Quick Reply: No allocation for me...