Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FS: 07 GT3 Race Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 02:04 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,629 Likes on 756 Posts

Congrats!

I like shorts in the hot humid summer months in South Florida.
http://www.youtube.com/v/zr7A7gRr_Kc

Maybe you should lave the car in the South for the winter months and come drive with the cool guys ;-)
Old 11-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Leigh2
I'm the buyer and deal is done so I'll be lurking more on this forum
I really enjoyed the discussion above it helps quite a bit. I live in the FAR north with no local track. A friend and I do quite a bit of traveling to tracks in the west and intend to continue to do so. I expect to use it as a DE car and the occasional race. It's not practical and I'm not interested in running a serious race campaign; I'm just in this for fun and wanted to get a fast, safe and well built track car. I was starting to feel pretty naked in my 6GT3 doing fast laps with only a roll bar and wearing shorts and a T-shirt.
Car will be shipped shortly to Miller and I hope to get some laps in before the snow flies...
Well bought.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leigh: When doesn't the snow fly in Edmonton - July? You going to keep it at Miller or move it to CA? There are direct flights between Edmonton and SFO and PRC/NASA racing would be a nice home for the car. Jerry ran plenty of deals this year where you could race in PRC and then run in GTS for $50 more (for the weekend) - lots of track time for reasonable money.

Adam: I'm hoping we see you in GTL. You got a car ready to go yet?
Old 11-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Lucky you, going to Miller to break in the new car, it's such an exciting track. It will be interesting to see the lap times compared to your 996 GT3 when we were there in Sept. Good luck with the new car.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:04 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Leigh,

Congrats on a sweet car, well bought

Look forward to meeting you sometime next summer (I'm a friend of Jeff Roberts).

Regards,
Matt
Old 11-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Matt, Jeff sent me some pics of the 993...way kewl.
Tom W I really need to get up to speed on what series are being run where. I jumped on the car and spent two days saying "what have I done" but now I'm pumped. I raced for quite some time but haven't been for a while...good to be getting a chance to get back in.
And it has snowed in July before...and rains every January!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:09 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

I'm the buyer and deal is done so I'll be lurking more on this forum
I really enjoyed the discussion above it helps quite a bit. I live in the FAR north with no local track. A friend and I do quite a bit of traveling to tracks in the west and intend to continue to do so. I expect to use it as a DE car and the occasional race. It's not practical and I'm not interested in running a serious race campaign; I'm just in this for fun and wanted to get a fast, safe and well built track car. I was starting to feel pretty naked in my 6GT3 doing fast laps with only a roll bar and wearing shorts and a T-shirt.
Car will be shipped shortly to Miller and I hope to get some laps in before the snow flies...
congrats on the purchase! you got alot of car for the money. well spent too!

im a fellow canuck on the west coast jumping from track to track so i might see you in my travels

Last edited by tcsracing1; 11-06-2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: spell
Old 11-06-2009, 10:59 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

so it's you leigh.
nice.
see you and the giant trailer next spring.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:12 PM
ckdc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great buy...so what r u doing with the 05 GT3?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

I'll be selling the 05 6GT3. Right now it is up on stands in the garage waiting for winter. I'm also bracing myself for the kicking I'm going to take on the price but the market is what it is. The problem with bringing the car into Canada is that we have to pay 6.1% duty plus 5% GST when it crosses the border. None of that cost comes back if you ship it the other way so it would be best for me to sell in Canada. I've had a few local inquiries already but nothing firm. Nice car and still a year plus on CPO warranty.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:49 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

I'll be selling the 05 6GT3. Right now it is up on stands in the garage waiting for winter. I'm also bracing myself for the kicking I'm going to take on the price but the market is what it is. The problem with bringing the car into Canada is that we have to pay 6.1% duty plus 5% GST when it crosses the border. None of that cost comes back if you ship it the other way so it would be best for me to sell in Canada. I've had a few local inquiries already but nothing firm. Nice car and still a year plus on CPO warranty.
i hear that! i got raped at the border with my RS coming into canada.
I had to leave all my stock/extra unused parts at my house in florida on a seperate bill of sale inorder to avoid any further unnecessary taxation.

hopefully you wont get hassled during canadian inspection for "seat belt tethor" and "air bag wheel"
Old 11-11-2009, 10:05 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DO you really intend to drive it on the street, if not bring it in as a race car.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Not a street car! But as far as I know I still have to pay duty and GST I just don't need to go through all of the inspections as it won't be registered. I'm definitely not about to install child seat tethers in the back I am tempted to duct tape a balloon to the steering wheel though when it crosses the border....

Quick Reply: FS: 07 GT3 Race Car