Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009 | 06:34 PM
Doug23
Rennlist Member

Car is sold pending funds
Old 10-30-2009 | 06:46 PM
Doug23
Rennlist Member

CGomez - in response to your comment "the car still has a long way to go of being fully developed for NASA GTS (Formula Libre IMHO, GTS will be dominated by cars with extensive suspension and Aero work)"

It won the 3 Sprints it entered for NASA GTS5 and it broke the previous track record at VIR by nearly 2 seconds.

Could it be further developed - sure - but I think it made a pretty good showing.
Old 10-30-2009 | 07:27 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Congrats on the sale. The new owner is getting one awesome machine at a great price. Knew it wouldn't last long.

Sounds likes it held it's own in those races being not fully developed
Old 10-30-2009 | 07:49 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

So it goes. Good deal.
I imagine the sale is bitter sweet.

(Nothing makes me more confident I wish I coulda, I woulda, I shoulda pulled the trigger than learning someone else made the decision first!)
Old 10-30-2009 | 09:22 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by karlooz
he'd be in GTA because of the "gt3" engine. it is not a listed/allowed engine in GT1-4.
Carlos I can't find anything that excludes the GT3 motor. Additionally, I still do not understand the leading sentence for the GTA class description which I think is ambiguous. It says "and other 996/997-based cars not meeting the requirements of the Stock, Prepared or GTC Classes". Well our lowly 3.4, 996's fall into that category yet we know from Donna Amico that we can run in GT3. What was it that she said to you about your car when you wrote to her about classification?
Old 10-31-2009 | 02:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by cgomez
... Big denial is when people only count pads, tires and gas as their variable DE/Track costs
oh dont i know it....

Originally Posted by cgomez
...Things will eventually break, that's why I insist to my tracktard friends is that the best Porsche for DE/Track are those new, leased and under warranty (you never get to enjoy the pleasure of fixing stuff )
smart man....
my dual purpose car will be leased.
my race car will be cheap
my nice car will not be driven at 10/10 any more.
Old 10-31-2009 | 09:49 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

1. my dual purpose car will be leased.
2. my race car will be cheap
3. my nice car will not be driven at 10/10 any more.
Mooty are you leasing a new RS for dual duty and racing a Miata, if you sell the BSR?

I would think that the above OP car is ideal for those who do DE days and maybe race (I would not know.) with a trailer and use their GT3 exclusively for the track.
Old 10-31-2009 | 10:52 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Mooty are you leasing a new RS for dual duty and racing a Miata, if you sell the BSR?
no: porsche finance will not lease RS, other leasing companies generally wont lease 100k+ cars unless high rate. and i dont have allocation.

no: i had SM before. done it.

dont know: no buyer, so i might race that.
Old 10-31-2009 | 12:02 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
no: porsche finance will not lease RS, other leasing companies generally wont lease 100k+ cars unless high rate. and i dont have allocation.

no: i had SM before. done it.

dont know: no buyer, so i might race that.
I remember you mentioning the lease snag with PFS. I found that it was specific to the 997.1 RS having a residual above their arbitrary limit (after all, no Porsche will be worth more than $70K in three years) and limited to California. The good folks in Florida agreed to write the business. We'll have to wait until they offer a product for the 997.2 RS, but I'm optimistic. After all, residuals should be very high and the RS will be a perfect car to lease (high residual value, high risk usage ... : )
Old 10-31-2009 | 12:10 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug23
CGomez - in response to your comment "the car still has a long way to go of being fully developed for NASA GTS (Formula Libre IMHO, GTS will be dominated by cars with extensive suspension and Aero work)"

It won the 3 Sprints it entered for NASA GTS5 and it broke the previous track record at VIR by nearly 2 seconds.

Could it be further developed - sure - but I think it made a pretty good showing.
Understood. Idem here in GTS3 (being my car legal in PCA Stock). My point is not against your car, but most towards the crazy rules (or lack of) in GTS that most people rave about. Right now GTS works b/c anyone can run it, but it will soon get out of hand because you are allowed to build crazy "Dallara"-Porsches or BMW, and people will start developing custom chasis, suspension and aero work (and even some crazy engine tuning to comply with the power/weight only rule)
The GT classes in PCA are more restrictive than NASA GTS, and GT3 already runs 4 secs faster than your GT5S car (1:56 track record)....
Old 10-31-2009 | 02:54 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Considering he ran a 2 flat at VIR and the GT3R record is 1:56.7 then there is only really 3 seconds to find which it not hard since he hasn't touched the gearbox, motor, or reduced anymore weight to maximize GT3R's performance index

BTW, I don't see GTS5 fielding and uber cars like your Dallara example in the forseable future..
Old 10-31-2009 | 07:45 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by karlooz
he'd be in GTA because of the "gt3" engine. it is not a listed/allowed engine in GT1-4.
Carlos you are correct, I was in error.....

I corresponded with Donna Amico and she confirmed that a street GT3 car would run in GTA after it exceeded the boundaries of Stock and Prepared. She also understood our confusion regarding the verbiage about modified 996/997 cars as listed under the GTA specs. She confirmed that 996's and 997' (not GT3's) are indeed elgible for the GT classes and that the spec will be clarified for 2010. There is a proposal to make the 997's HP/L index 140 compared to the 996 and Boxster index of 135...
Old 11-01-2009 | 03:25 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
After all, residuals should be very high and the RS will be a perfect car to lease (high residual value, high risk usage ... : )
cant agree more.
you find me an RS at msrp and a lease with humane money factor ok
Old 11-02-2009 | 08:49 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

ummm we ran 2:00's the other day... its a fantastic car
Old 11-06-2009 | 01:33 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

I'm the buyer and deal is done so I'll be lurking more on this forum
I really enjoyed the discussion above it helps quite a bit. I live in the FAR north with no local track. A friend and I do quite a bit of traveling to tracks in the west and intend to continue to do so. I expect to use it as a DE car and the occasional race. It's not practical and I'm not interested in running a serious race campaign; I'm just in this for fun and wanted to get a fast, safe and well built track car. I was starting to feel pretty naked in my 6GT3 doing fast laps with only a roll bar and wearing shorts and a T-shirt.
Car will be shipped shortly to Miller and I hope to get some laps in before the snow flies...

Quick Reply: FS: 07 GT3 Race Car