Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 GT3 Suspension settings help needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 08:15 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ride Height for 07-08 and as I said RoW USA are the same and will find out most probably be the same for MY10
Pic from Porsche Adjustment values for suspension alignment

Last edited by MJones; 08-03-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:25 PM
ggizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How u doing? I am thinking of doing the same set up from GMG, hope you dont mind but how much did it cost? Thanks
Old 10-06-2009, 09:04 PM
_rocket
Racer

Originally Posted by MJones
Ride Height for 07-08 and as I said RoW USA are the same and will find out most probably be the same for MY10
Pic from Porsche Adjustment values for suspension alignment
996 RS was lower. Maybe that's what GMG meant by "euro height"?
Old 10-06-2009, 09:22 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by got2go
Here is a photo to give you the visual at euro spec ride height
GORGEOUS!!!!

TDM, when am I seeing this beauty of a white GT3 you brought home
Old 10-06-2009, 09:54 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, a BIG thanks to all of you guys for sharing what works for you guys! Way to be fellow Rennlisters!

Originally Posted by box01s
it looks like one of the suspension bolts was loose. Did they change any settings?

Perhaps the biggest thanks goes to you for taking a good look at that picture! Holy ....! The car is at the dealership right now and they will take a look at that tomorrow.

Originally Posted by iLLM3
GORGEOUS!!!!

TDM, when am I seeing this beauty of a white GT3 you brought home
Hey! Long time no talk! I will be at the Glen next Monday and tuesday, then at VIR in early November. I sure miss seeing Stu out on the track this year! Hope he gets back into it next year! Are you going to VIR this fall?

A little side note, I was flipping tires from left to right and the left rear center Lock separated upon removal. I should have taken a picture, but imagine the CL being cut in half from top to bottom as it sits on the car. The inside half stayed connected to the wheel and the outside half I was able to twist off like it normally does. I could not get the wheel off without forcing it, so I just put the CL half back on and put the 3 in the trailer and called it a day. The lucky thing was this was just about at the end of my long weekend away so nothing more than one session lost. I tried to "wiggle" the rear tire off, but no luck. I will be interested to hear what they found out. All I know at this point is they ordered a new part. I will keep you guys posted on this as I hope these CL's don't end up being a problem!!!

So I am going to take the 3 on Friday for some more camber added and try it out at the Glen next week. If anybody else has something to add, by all means please do. I will also try to post the photos of the uneven wear on the Hoosiers. I was at Summit Point for 6 sessions and wonder if this had anything to do with any of this. I think I remember someone telling me that the pavement at Summit was really tough on tires. Hmmm......
Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Yea Stu had some stuff going on, had to take a break from it all, thank god it all wound up going well on his end so that's all that counts!

He might come to VIR, but I am definitely going, with Bruce and a few other guy's who you might know, Cayman Ken, etc... Looking forward to seeing your car, and i'll be trying to clock my 2 flat there LOL, can't wait, it's been a while since I was on track (August)
Old 10-07-2009, 12:31 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
First of all, a BIG thanks to all of you guys for sharing what works for you guys! Way to be fellow Rennlisters!

A little side note, I was flipping tires from left to right and the left rear center Lock separated upon removal. I should have taken a picture, but imagine the CL being cut in half from top to bottom as it sits on the car. The inside half stayed connected to the wheel and the outside half I was able to twist off like it normally does. I could not get the wheel off without forcing it, so I just put the CL half back on and put the 3 in the trailer and called it a day. The lucky thing was this was just about at the end of my long weekend away so nothing more than one session lost. I tried to "wiggle" the rear tire off, but no luck. I will be interested to hear what they found out. All I know at this point is they ordered a new part. I will keep you guys posted on this as I hope these CL's don't end up being a problem!!!

Very interested in hearing about the CL broken bolt outcome
Old 10-07-2009, 08:21 AM
peloton
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 29 Posts

Here is a photo to give you the visual at euro spec ride height
I just picked up my red 2010 GT3 yesterday with the GT2 seats. Can you tell me what cage/harness set up you're using and are you happy with it? Also, is yours a 6 point setup and if so, who provided the sub bar under the seat for the crotch belt? Thanks.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:36 AM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by peloton
I just picked up my red 2010 GT3 yesterday with the GT2 seats. Can you tell me what cage/harness set up you're using and are you happy with it? Also, is yours a 6 point setup and if so, who provided the sub bar under the seat for the crotch belt? Thanks.
Anti sub bars are from Brey-Krause for this seat. Fire extinguisher mount is also B-K and mounts on the driver side because of the air bag sensor on the passenger side. The bar I installed is the GMG RSR bar which bolts to the B pillar and rear shock tower mounts like the factory bar. I have the six point "GT3" Schroth belt set up. Here's how it looks:
Attached Images   
Old 10-07-2009, 08:41 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by peloton
Hey,

I do not have a cage installed yet as this will be my winter project. I however in the interum installed the Brey Krause sub mount bars (kinda a PITA to do) and installed their harness bar system (not too bad to do) I am happy with it. Oh, I was able to use my Schroth GT3 seat harnesses from my 996 GT3 seats from my Boxster. They transitioned over very nicely and are a perfect fit! this is a 6 point settup. You cannot use the 996 GT3 seat sub mount bar without modifying it to fit the GT2 seats. I was not going to go this route and the BK product was easier to use.

If you can wait about a month I will probably be selling the harness bar and you can get it for a pretty good price as I will not need it when I get a cage put in. Just a thought. My last event is early November, so less than a month away!

I hope this helps. By all means, get the harnesses in there to improve your driving!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:46 AM
peloton
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 29 Posts

got2go: thanks for the info and pics. I did not realize that B-K had a sub bar for the GT2 seats, that is extra good info. May ask I please where you sourced the red Schroth belts from? Did GMG get them for you, or?

TeamDrugMoney: perfect idea regarding your B-K harness bar. I had one installed in my 07 GT3RS which worked great. So yes, please let me know if and when you are ready to sell your harness bar, that should carry me fine as I was not ready to go the half cage route just yet anyway. If you happen to have a photo lying around of the B-K harness bar in your 10 GT3, that would be great, if not no big deal. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:03 AM
got2go
Rennlist Member

I got the Schroth belts from HMS motorsports and the B-K parts from FVD both of whom provided excellent service. GMG did the install when the seats were out for the bar install.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:27 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Anti sub bars are from Brey-Krause for this seat. Fire extinguisher mount is also B-K and mounts on the driver side because of the air bag sensor on the passenger side. The bar I installed is the GMG RSR bar which bolts to the B pillar and rear shock tower mounts like the factory bar. I have the six point "GT3" Schroth belt set up. Here's how it looks:
Hey got2go, what fire extinguisher is that in your car, and where did you get the mount for it to attach to the BK FE mount? I got a FE, but am really unhappy with it. Do you have any problem using the seat lever that allows you to move the seat forward and backwards?
Old 10-07-2009, 10:56 AM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
Hey got2go, what fire extinguisher is that in your car, and where did you get the mount for it to attach to the BK FE mount? I got a FE, but am really unhappy with it. Do you have any problem using the seat lever that allows you to move the seat forward and backwards?
Its a Safecraft 2.5 lb. halon extinguisher with the quick release that they make specifically for the B-K mount. No problem at all with the seat lever and it goes on and off much easier than the B-K bottle holder which I wasn't happy with. The B-K mount is the model that bolts directly to the anti-sub bar for these seats.

I called Safecraft to order it and verify that it fit. If you go to their web site, it is the mount designated for "other B-K extinguisher mounts). They were very helpful.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:44 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by box01s
Don't know whether your running factory MPSC tires or not, but see track settings per Michelin Pilot Sport Cup specifications attached (from Michelin's Care & Feeding brochure).

Also, whenever you have your car on the lift, check all suspension bolts for proper tightness (torque). Looking at some of your Euro Delivery photos, when your car was on the lift at Manthey, it looks like one of the suspension bolts was loose. Did they change any settings? Pic attached.

Good luck with dialing that car in...
Hey, so talked to the dealership today and they say that bolt that looks loose it supposed to be that way.

I was also told that they ordered a new centerlock for me and they are going to save the broken one for me. I will post pics once I get the part back

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 Suspension settings help needed