Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Help me get this deviating stitching order right

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 11:55 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 302 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by wurlie
Side center console is formed by the two covers to the side of the radio and climate control modules. You can see the red stitching in the picture posted by got2go.
Hope this helps,
w
The stitching for that is included with the dashboard stitching, according to my dealer.

Originally Posted by Z356
Question: On a 2010 gt3, the center console does not come in leather unless you get that particular (and expensive) option. The default console lid is alcantara without any logos or markings. When you order #24904 (Side Center Console Stitching In Deviating Color), what exactly gets stitched in a deviating color? In got2go photo you see that he ordered the center console in the optional exterior paint color, so there is no leather to stitch in the bottom part. And the alcantara lid on this console does not appear to have any red deviating stitching. So is the 'Side' console of #24904 something else in the interior of the car and can someone provide a photo of it? Thanks. z356
Do you mean "Rear center console"? If so, that is the center console between the seats, and would only be stitched, if the leather is added to the "rear center console. I went over all this yesterday with the sales manager at my dealer.

I have full leather with dash stitching, seat stitching, and the 2 stitching options for the doors. I wont add the leather to the "rear center console" just to stitch as it is $1260 for leather and $390 for stitching... With all my options I'm at $133.8k already without GG tax and delivery charge
Old 09-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

JMDO: Well, there lies the confusion. I personally don't know for sure what is the 'side center console' that Porsche is referring to re: option #24904. Hence my question. Like your dealer told you, I also thought the stitching for what Wurlie calls 'side center console' (framing the rack for radio & controls) was included in the option for dash stitching. And in the specific case of got2go's photo, he has the center console (what Porsche calls 'rear center console') in paint and topped with a no-extra-cost plain alcantara lid, without any visible deviating stitching. So he should not have been charged for this option (#24904) if he ordered it. Or did he? If anyone else with actual experience in ordering the various stitching options can enlightened us all on what actually is the 'side center console' and if you can avoid paying for this option if you don't order the full leather rear console & lid. Thanks. z356
Old 09-10-2009, 02:28 PM
wurlie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I specifically asked my dealer about this, as I have also ordered painted center console.
I was told that side center console is the one I mentioned before. If anyone can clarify, that would be great!
Thanks!
J
Old 10-10-2009, 03:14 AM
solarlottry
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody have a VIN i can use to order the following pieces in black leather-the Clothes hooks, the rear seat levers and the fuse box cover as well as the A pillar. I can order these pieces from SUNCOAST using a VIN of a car that has them. If anyone can help me out that would be great and much appreciated. Please email me at garciajones@yahoo.com.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Rocci
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder

I'm ordering red stitching on full black leather, red car.
Bluehinder - what made you go with red this time around? In any case the car looks awesome in red. Is it a another December delivery?
Old 10-10-2009, 03:00 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
Any way to fix that?
Seriously, I would get the expertise of a P-car dealer that has done this before. You would not want to get this wrong.

I know there are several but I only know of one dealer that gets this right every time and that's Euroclassics.com in Midlothian, VA.

Maybe contact the GM and ask for long distance assistance.

Quick Reply: Help me get this deviating stitching order right