Help me get this deviating stitching order right

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Help me get this deviating stitching order right

Hi,

I'm ordering red stitching on full black leather, red car. I think I have the ordering correct, but have a few questions and want to make sure I get it right.

I've ordered six different option codes, plus 0991. I've also ordered XDZ, gear lever trim in leather, and leather rear center console.

First, do I have all the correct codes? I've ordered the full six stitching codes, there are no more.

Second, how to make sure the rear center console and gear shift trim and boot get the deviating stitching. I don't see a code for the rear console, I assume Porsche just knows it has to be red given all the other red stitching.

Any advice on how to get this right would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:03 PM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

I think you've got it covered. The six codes cover the typical leather items and 09991 all other exclusive options (gear shift and rear center console). I'd still have your dealer confirm it with the regional sales rep. alternatively, you can call Atlanta or send an email to the customer service folks in Germany. I did the later and they were pretty prompt in getting back to me.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:16 PM
_rocket
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, the gear lever itself, handbrake, and steering wheel will not be stitched in dev colour.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by _rocket
FYI, the gear lever itself, handbrake, and steering wheel will not be stitched in dev colour.
Any way to fix that?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by got2go
I think you've got it covered. The six codes cover the typical leather items and 09991 all other exclusive options (gear shift and rear center console). I'd still have your dealer confirm it with the regional sales rep. alternatively, you can call Atlanta or send an email to the customer service folks in Germany. I did the later and they were pretty prompt in getting back to me.
Could I please see a few pics of your interior? Thanks.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:47 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
Hi,

I'm ordering red stitching on full black leather, red car. I think I have the ordering correct, but have a few questions and want to make sure I get it right.

I've ordered six different option codes, plus 0991. I've also ordered XDZ, gear lever trim in leather, and leather rear center console.

First, do I have all the correct codes? I've ordered the full six stitching codes, there are no more.

Second, how to make sure the rear center console and gear shift trim and boot get the deviating stitching. I don't see a code for the rear console, I assume Porsche just knows it has to be red given all the other red stitching.

Any advice on how to get this right would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
My only advice is to triple check everything as Porsche will not add deviated stitching where any of us with any dribble of common sense would, if you don't select it.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:02 PM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

Could I please see a few pics of your interior? Thanks.
This isn't a very good picture, but gives you an idea. This is just the standard six codes.
Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 780 Likes on 362 Posts

There is only one shifter that gets the deviated stitching, iirc. That one didn't.

I suggest pm'ing Atomic80 who posted a thread on this subject.

Or search the 6 for thread titles with DAD.

Here it is:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ad-please.html

Atomic and Sparkhill would be good resources.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

I believe you must order one of the 'exclusive option' steering wheel and shift ****/e-brake handle options in order for them to be stitched with deviating color under 09991.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
I believe you must order one of the 'exclusive option' steering wheel and shift ****/e-brake handle options in order for them to be stitched with deviating color under 09991.
Anyone here done this?

The codes listed by Atomic are not available in the current guide.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:11 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I am no help but I wanted to do deviated stitching in my 09Carrera S. I was concerned about the E-Brake and steering wheels not being stitched. My dealer and PCNA could not really assure me and blew things off...so I did not chance it and cancelled this option on my order. I wish I had the red stitching but I see way too many Porsche's with deviated stitching but the E-brake, steering wheel and shift boot are not stitched in color...that totally blows it for me.

Best of luck with your dealer...mine was a total waste.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:32 PM
_rocket
Racer

Any way to fix that?
The fix is option DAT:

But it costs $1,880. This will come with dev stitching under option 09991.

If you want leather/aluminium, option is DAX (style I) or DAW (style II), the latter two include XDZ.
Option DAD or ECA are not exclusive so will not come with dev stitching - BEWARE!

Steering wheel - well, on previous gen, the option was XPA but that has been discontinued. But a new one will be launched soon.

Let me know how you get on as I'm interested. Good luck.

p.s.
I don't know if DAT includes XDZ.

Last edited by _rocket; 09-09-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:03 PM
_rocket
Racer

Update:

1. DAT does not include XDZ.

2. If you want an alcantara steering wheel with cross stitching in dev colour, the option code is CLA, which is a thicker steering wheel. (option 09991 is also required).

I think the new version XPA (leather) will come out soon. Unfortunately, still no new Turbo style steering wheels yet.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Re: Stitching Option #24904

Question: On a 2010 gt3, the center console does not come in leather unless you get that particular (and expensive) option. The default console lid is alcantara without any logos or markings. When you order #24904 (Side Center Console Stitching In Deviating Color), what exactly gets stitched in a deviating color? In got2go photo you see that he ordered the center console in the optional exterior paint color, so there is no leather to stitch in the bottom part. And the alcantara lid on this console does not appear to have any red deviating stitching. So is the 'Side' console of #24904 something else in the interior of the car and can someone provide a photo of it? Thanks. z356
Old 09-10-2009, 08:38 AM
wurlie
Rennlist Member

Side center console is formed by the two covers to the side of the radio and climate control modules. You can see the red stitching in the picture posted by got2go.
Hope this helps,
w

Quick Reply: Help me get this deviating stitching order right