Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Does anyone know this car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Does anyone know this car?

I am considering trading in my 2007 C4S for a GT3.

This one caught my eye

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123
Old 08-01-2009, 04:57 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do not know the car. When I was looking 15 out of 17 low milage GT3s had repairs. A body shop owner said that the cars get stuffed early on and the repairs can easily take 6-9 months. Carfax can confirm there was a repair but if it says the car is clean means nothing. Only that insurance was not involved and or not reported to the police. If you want the car make sure it gets a proper PPI and ask for a body guy to inspect remove wheel well liners. RUF is right down the road from the car. It will cost $500 but it saved me from a 3 corner damaged car that looked great but was still bent. The bent car ended up in Dallas at ParkPlace. - White GT3 PCCB, Cargraphic exhaust. 2,300 miles.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Jetpilot
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Izzy-

I live in Dallas and know this dealer. They are a chevy/gmc shop. Seen this 3 advertised for a while now. Not sure about the condition, but they are probably wanting to unload this quick given i've seen the price drop 16K within a week. Same car/dealer is on Cars.com for $89,991.00. 102K is VERY ambitous
Old 08-01-2009, 05:30 PM
jb71
Rennlist Member

i dont but i did see a 2010 blk gt3 with pccb in the same area with 50 miles on the clock for 130k. they have it priced $2700 below msrp it was on ebay this morning. http://www.pristinemotorcars.net/det...3-4437383.html
Old 08-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Jetpilot
Racer

Originally Posted by roberga
do not know the car. When I was looking 15 out of 17 low milage GT3s had repairs. A body shop owner said that the cars get stuffed early on and the repairs can easily take 6-9 months. Carfax can confirm there was a repair but if it says the car is clean means nothing. Only that insurance was not involved and or not reported to the police. If you want the car make sure it gets a proper PPI and ask for a body guy to inspect remove wheel well liners. RUF is right down the road from the car. It will cost $500 but it saved me from a 3 corner damaged car that looked great but was still bent. The bent car ended up in Dallas at ParkPlace. - White GT3 PCCB, Cargraphic exhaust. 2,300 miles.

Park Place is asking 92K for a white one (no PCCB's) .

Last edited by Jetpilot; 08-01-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

If it was claen I was thinking of offering them 85K
Old 08-01-2009, 06:16 PM
C4S/GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
I am considering trading in my 2007 C4S for a GT3.

This one caught my eye

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

Mine is For Sale in Houston

http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/fea...uery=retrieval

PM me if you would like more info
Hugh
Old 08-01-2009, 06:20 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I believe the car your referring to was bought by a used exotic dealer in Cali. It was definately orinally for sale by Park Place in Mar or so. I was actually talking to the owner about buying it until I decided to get a 2010. I remember the car, white w/ PCCBs and Cargraphic exhaust. Good info for buyers to be aware of; many rely soley on Carfax.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Jetpilot
Racer

Originally Posted by Izzone
If it was claen I was thinking of offering them 85K

They would take it. Good Luck
Old 08-01-2009, 08:33 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jetpilot
Park Place is asking 92K for a white one (no PCCB's) .
different car: this was back in March. The car was in Seattle, when I should the dealer the PPI they auctioned it and Park Place picked it up. Not knowing I called ParkPlace about the car. During my discussion I told them about the car and even set pics. Do not know what happened to it. Hope nobody here bought it.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:37 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 911dev
I believe the car your referring to was bought by a used exotic dealer in Cali. It was definately orinally for sale by Park Place in Mar or so. I was actually talking to the owner about buying it until I decided to get a 2010. I remember the car, white w/ PCCBs and Cargraphic exhaust. Good info for buyers to be aware of; many rely soley on Carfax.
That was it, It started in Seattle when I caught the damage on PPI, they moved some subframe attachment points and auctioned it off. The car looks good but is not safe at speed as panels had gaps(under liners) and rippled sheet metal.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:42 PM
911dev
Drifting

That was it, It started in Seattle when I caught the damage on PPI, they moved some subframe attachment points and auctioned it off. The car looks good but is not safe at speed as panels had gaps(under liners) and rippled sheet metal.
A-freaking-mazing, of course the used car dealer stated that the car was flawless, "never had ANY paint work". I never got far enough to see it.

Do you really think that 15 out of 17 had paint issues? I'm not doubting your word but holy fock! I was looking at a lot of used ones back then, that's scary.

I thought that the 997.1 had PSM, so why so many driver errors?
Old 08-01-2009, 08:49 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Yes, one of the key first indicators is the dealer can not CPO the car if 2 or more panels have been painted (not including the bumper cover). I spoke to dealers in TX,Miami, N.J. Bay area, Seattle and Los Angeles. Every car that at the time was <$90K that I called about had corner damage that had been repaired. Here is Seattle the dealer bought a car from another dealer in Chicago for a local customer. Chicago dealer said clean carfax, Seattle dealer bought it ship it to Seattle. Corner damage repair.
Why so many driver errors? testosterone most likely
It is a GT3 and the buttons do not save the car. When I drove mine off the lot, I had a nice oversteer on the onramp to 405 freeway on cold tires in the wet. No lights no help. pretty much like the 996. Also it is a Porsche- lift in a corner because you made a mistake going in and off you go gadgets or not.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:56 PM
911dev
Drifting

Yes, one of the key first indicators is the dealer can not CPO the car if 2 or more panels have been painted (not including the bumper cover). I spoke to dealers in TX,Miami, N.J. Bay area, Seattle and Los Angeles. Every car that at the time was <$90K that I called about had corner damage that had been repaired. Here is Seattle the dealer bought a car from another dealer in Chicago for a local customer. Chicago dealer said clean carfax, Seattle dealer bought it ship it to Seattle. Corner damage repair.
Why so many driver errors? testosterone most likely
It is a GT3 and the buttons do not save the car. When I drove mine off the lot, I had a nice oversteer on the onramp to 405 freeway on cold tires in the wet. No lights no help. pretty much like the 996. Also it is a Porsche- lift in a corner because you made a mistake going in and off you go gadgets or not.
The 997.2 now has PSM and TC so mishaps should be less.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:46 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

hope they can completely disable the gadgets.

Quick Reply: Does anyone know this car?