Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Where are you guys buying Akrapovic systems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 07:32 AM
MGS996
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at the Akrapovic website the components are state of the art quality. If I go ahead with the package I will need to fit a mirror to my garage floor :-)
Old 01-17-2010, 10:17 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yoops Racing
"SOCIETAL ACRIMONY" what a term .....
with your permission I may use this term Monday with my VP of Sales.
Yes Sir, of course!

Originally Posted by MGS996
Looking at the Akrapovic website the components are state of the art quality. If I go ahead with the package I will need to fit a mirror to my garage floor :-)
That is a great idea!

And let me take this opportunity to post two links to the FVD website:

http://shop.fvd.de/us/en/
http://shop.fvd.de/us/en/

Old 01-17-2010, 10:52 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Hey Prosper quit rambling about other people ethical behavior when all along you do the same if not worst. Out of 47 post (excluding mine right now), you have 15 all to yourself talking about akrapovic better then anything else and not one of those useless post answers the O.P's question. If I were you I wouldn't lesson others on ethical behavior when you keep writing in caps size 20 and most importantly, talking trash about a rennlist sponsor product. The simple question posted by SM architects was where to get the product, not a comparison between two products. We all know you're new here and it shows by your dumb attitude but rest assure if we need info on Sharkwerks products, we'll go ask Alex. Now by interpreting yourself as the forum police, you just wasted a good thread. Like I said before, Nugget simply asked a question (with a question mark) and you had to go on and on about useless stuff and decided on your own to make it a comparison.

Sorry SM if your question hasn't been answered. You might want to delete this one and start a new one.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:18 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by MGS996
Thanks JMD0977, can you please post or PM me your contacts details.

Cheers

Mark
PM'ed. All others interested have been PM'ed as well. If anyone else is interested in any Akrapovic system, check out post #39 in this thread. Im ordering the GT3 race system.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:38 AM
prosper
Instructor

Originally Posted by CWay27
Hey Prosper quit rambling about other people ethical behavior when all along you do the same if not worst. Out of 47 post (excluding mine right now), you have 15 all to yourself talking about akrapovic better then anything else and not one of those useless post answers the O.P's question. If I were you I wouldn't lesson others on ethical behavior when you keep writing in caps size 20 and most importantly, talking trash about a rennlist sponsor product. The simple question posted by SM architects was where to get the product, not a comparison between two products. We all know you're new here and it shows by your dumb attitude but rest assure if we need info on Sharkwerks products, we'll go ask Alex. Now by interpreting yourself as the forum police, you just wasted a good thread. Like I said before, Nugget simply asked a question (with a question mark) and you had to go on and on about useless stuff and decided on your own to make it a comparison.

Sorry SM if your question hasn't been answered. You might want to delete this one and start a new one.

Hey CWay27,

have your contribute here with any info ?
Actually I had find how you can buy the Akaprovic exhaust for US market...
You only need to go to the Akrapovic website and it is clearly shown that for US market you can buy DIRECTLY from Akrapovic.
but I had refrain from doing that because people might start accusing that I work for Akrapovic,
but now you force me to say it,
still again, anybody who spend decent time on Akrapovic website should be able to see the instruction on how to buy Akrapovic outside Europe.
but Nugget choose to put TWO link to Sharkwerks website instead,

and now You, CWay27, instead of helping by looking at Akrapovic website to find US Distributor,
you actually
told the Starter of this thread to just close this thread and start a new one...
Why did he need to start a new thread ?
Is it because this thread contain comparison between Sharkwerks Track Exhaust and Akrapovic exhaust ?
is it because you are unhappy of that comparison ?
Well You and Nugget ask for the comparison to justify the $10,000 price, and when I give the prove to you, you say I am rambling...

Again, I ask you to contact the Administrator of Rennlist and show him this thread.
if this thread is indeed deemed inappropriate that the Administrator can closed it.
or tell Alex, and if Alex have any complain, I am sure as Rennlist sponsor he can file complain to the administrator of Rennlist.

so if you care enough to open Akrapovic website, you can actually help the Thread Starter Question.
but I can see clearly that you do NOT care to help the thread starter question,
all you care here is to defend Nugget and you do NOT like the comparison between Sharkwerks and Akrapovic that I had post here...
oh please... that comparison is basically just a copy and paste from both Sharkwerks and Akrapovic website... and I make PLENTY of PRAISE to Sharkwerks product,
in fact I PRAISE more to Sharkwerks compare to Akrapovic.

Now, You got to see when I joint RennList, In my Signature, you can see when I start to joint this forum inApril 2006, about 5 months behind you.
and I CLEARLY NOT A NEWBIE. still why bring up seniority here ? does your age matter too ?
and talking about age, your was born in 1976, and I was born in 1973, so I am 3 years older than you in this world,
but that do not matter right ? You have the same right as me in this world even I am 3 years older than you...
so why just because you joint rennlist 5 months ahead of me make you being the SENIOR here ?
I might not Post as much as you before,
because I usually only a passive reader but that do not mean I am not reading rennlist everyday...

Nugget have been UNETHICAL by BASHING Akrapovic directly on the MAIN WEAKNESS of Akrapovic that is the much higher price of the Akrapovic.

and some other poster here including Nugget had demand that I prove to them how The $10,000 Akrapovic price be justify, when comparable performance from Sharkwerks Track exhaust can be had for just $2500.

So I provided with complete LINK and PICTURE and SPEC of both Akrapovic and Sharkwerks,
and clearly THAT MAKE YOU UNHAPPY

beside again, as you said, if the starter of this thread need info on Sharkwerks he can ask Alex or go to Sharkwerks website directly,
but Nugget decide to give the info about price different that the author of this thread had never ask about.

and yes, Sharkwerks is the sponsor of this Rennlist,
but this had nothing to do with it,
and Sharkwerks had done nothing wrong here.
Beside Sharkwerks being a sponsor here doesn't meant that everybody should only buy and praise Sharkwerks product ?
Plus you never know that Akrapovic in the future (or their distributor) might become Renllist sponsor too.
If Nissan suddenly become Rennlist sponsor, and Porsche do not pay sponsor fee,
does it mean suddenly you got to sell your Porsche and start buying GTR ? hahaha

it is NUGGET and now YOU who is UNETHICAL.

hey, I think I made a balance comparison between Sharkwerks and Akrapovic exhaust.

but did NUGGET did that ?

I even answer all the questions that Nugget had been asking about... I point out the spec different in detail...
Have You or Nugget did that ?

plus, I do NOT make fun or say bad thing about Sharkwerks product,
and all the info here is a direct copy and past of Sharkwerks and Akrapovic webpage.
Now point it out to me how many post of mine in this thread that say Akrapovic is a better choice ?
also calculate how many times that I PRAISE Sharkwerks product ?
because I know I PRAISE Sharkwerks product more than Akrapovic on this thead,
just calculate it by yourself from all my post,
and I even say for Bang of the Bucks, Sharkwerks definetely win,
and in term of LOUDNESS, I also vote for Sharkwerks,
heck I even go as far as predicting that Sharkwerks Stainless Steel based exhaust is more durable in long term use against
Akrapovic Titanium exhaust. I hear Titanium is more prone to crack, but that is what I heard and not based on my experience.

regarding the font, it is only SIZE 4 not SIZE 20 as you claim it is
it is a facility that is provided by this forum.
and as long as it is there,
why can't I used it ?

Beside, bigger font is easier on the eye,
otherwise, why people want bigger monitor and bigger flat screen TV in the first place ?

Last edited by prosper; 01-17-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:14 PM
prosper
Instructor

Originally Posted by CWay27
I don't think Nugget was BASHING akrapovic. He simply asked what was the appeal to spend that much.

People that buy Rolex watch want to buy the brand and the heritage behind it. They are willing to spend for it even knowing that they can't hold their time. Just like purest Porschephile who buys an RS instead of a GTR. He knows the Nissan will do the same and maybe more but he spends for the RS because he buys the ''marque'' and a piece of the heritage. I didn't want to bring these examples because of the reasons stated above but you did in your own post.

Now willing to spend on an exhaust system is to each is own but what I really wonder is besides the material used in the fabrication, is the R&D really there to back it up? We have seen more than once companies charging a premium for ****ty or ok parts just because it's for a porsche. I'm not saying the guys over at Akrapovic are a bunch of crooks but some Porsche owners are leery.

and CWay27,

I just realized that from earlier post of yours in this thread,
you actually "wonder about the R&D really there to back it up?"
and you even "leery" that Akrapovic must charge premium for ****ty parts...

so based on your "wonder" above,

I go ahead, and copy and paste Akrapovic and Sharkwerks product information to HELP you,
decide which one will fill your needs,
and it is up to you to see which one is more suitable for your particular needs and budgets.

and for that , instead of appreciating you actually "ANGRY" with me ?
and told me to stop "rambling" about this ?
You asked me to PROVE IT TO YOU... and when I PROVE IT TO YOU, you consider it as RAMBLING...

see, you ask for the info yourself,
I provided for you, and this is what I got ?

actually, why don't you call Alex and inform him about this debate, and ask him to think about it,
and see if I had actually BASH his product...

and one more thing, if you want to ask how much R&D cost that Alex had spent on his Track exhaust,
you should asked Alex directly,

but based on the size of Akrapovic company,
and the size of it's annual sales,
and the fact that Porsche Factory order 997 GT2 Titanium exhaust from Akrapovic,
and the fact that the only thing that Akrapovic made is just exhaust and they do not sell anything else beside that,
I think Akrapovic should have "decent" and "comparable" R&D if you compare them with Sharkwerks.
the one thing that Akrapovic lack for now is, Akrapovic is still NOT official sponsor of Rennlist,
like you so clearly point it out to us in your other post.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

I was alerted to this thread . . . I am still looking through it. Prosper, personally I don't see anything wrong with the font size you use, it's your grammar that's making my eyes go into fits.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:23 PM
prosper
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bonster
I was alerted to this thread . . . I am still looking through it. Prosper, personally I don't see anything wrong with the font size you use, it's your grammar that's making my eyes go into fits.
Bonster,

First of all,
I am glad the moderator of Rennlist came here and check this thread to make sure whether
I am guilty or not. If I am guilty please point it out to me, which rule of Rennlist that I had broke,
and I will apologize.

and second I am glad that you allow me to use number 4 font size.
I think it is a better fit and much easier to read, at least from my PC monitor.

and regarding the Grammar,
I know that my Grammar sucks and my spelling is not bad because luckily there is spelling checker here.

I am from Indonesia.
so English is NOT my First language.
so please kindly excuse my Poor Grammar,
I used to study in USC in Los Angeles, but it had been a while,
so I had not speak English as much as I want to... and
as they say, Practice make perfect...
but I do hope you still be able to understand what I mean and not give you too much of a headache from reading my Poor Grammar.

but please understand that Rennlist is not just a local US website,
but Rennlist is a known website for Porsche Enthusiast all over the world.
and despite English is the uniform way to communicate,
still some people do NOT master English as much as they wish they had.

I hope that do NOT make me inferior as human being.

Beside the Great Engineer from Porsche is Germany, and I am sure most of them do NOT speak perfect English,
nor does the Italian Engineer for Ferrari
or the Japanese Engineer that work at Nissan (for GTR) and Toyota (for Lexus LF-A)...
heck I think at minimum I should be able to speak better English thatn those Japanese engineer.

Best Regards,
Prosper
Old 01-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Lol, Prosper, don't take my comment to mean anything other than a good old fashioned teasing. And yes, while likely most of the Rennlisters are from English-speaking countries, no doubt we have a nice mix of folks from places all over the world.

So I read through this thread, and really don't see much of a reason to edit anything. I do think some folks got a little out of sorts over the whole titanium versus the (which metal was it again? Lol) other exhaust system, though. The original poster wanted to learn about a specific exhaust system. He did not ask "What is the best exhaust system for a GT3 RS", he asked about one particular system to see if his potential purchase would be warranted. At least, that was my take on it.

I am so happy that stuff for my 993 is so much cheaper, I will say that much. But the reason, as I've always thought, that GT model parts are more expensive than say, a 997 part, is simply because of supply and demand. The GT cars cost more, and thus are less in demand, and therefore less of them are produced. So a part for the model is more rare, making its price higher. I had a valve job done on my Carrera last month -- it was around $6K. I'm not sure if folks are still doing valve jobs on the newer engines, but if they did it for the GT model, I bet you would pay at least double that.

Hopefully the OP has received enough feedback to decide if the noted exhaust is right for him. Personally, if I could afford a GT (well, technically I can, I just honestly like the older cars better), I'd want the best money could buy for it as well. I love my car, and he only gets the best of everything, right down to the gas that goes in its tank. That's what Porsche love is all about. As seen on a friend's poster yesterday regarding Porsche ownership: "It's like having a child; until you have one you just won't understand."

Book over . . . let's stay on topic with the OPs initial question in regards to the exhaust system he is considering for his baby, okay? Cool.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

PS: If you ask one of those German engineers if they speak good English, expect a reply like, "Jah, vee speak very good ingsish, vee do!" I can say that because I am half German.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

I suggest that everyone takes a deep breath and relax. The OP asked where he could buy the Akrapovic system. That has been answered. I suppose if he wanted a Sharkwerks or EVO or Cargraphic, he would have asked for THAT info.

For those who don't know, titanium is a very difficult material to work with, stainless steel - which isn't east to start with seems like putty compared to Ti.

Ti is also expensive - way more than stainless.

Akrapovic is know to be the gold standard for Porsche exhaust systems and the proof is that PAG selected them to supply the 997GT2 and 2010 RS systems.

Yes they cost a fortune. Exotic material and fabrication more like what we'd find on a musical instrument costs more

Still if that's what the OP wants, who are we to question how he spends his money?

Prosper, thanks for the photos and info on the Akrapovic system. Please don't go around suggesting Nugget is unethical however. He posted an opinion - that's allowed, in spite of being off topic.

Regards,
Old 01-17-2010, 02:02 PM
prosper
Instructor

PS: If you ask one of those German engineers if they speak good English, expect a reply like, "Jah, vee speak very good ingsish, vee do!" I can say that because I am half German.
Bonster,

I want to say Thank You so much for your kind reply and the time you set aside to clear this matter up.
I also know you are joking about the Grammar,
but I realize it is my weakness,
and when I have free time, I should learn proper grammar again,
because after all, it is better if you can speak English perfectly.
I wish I can move to US back asap, so I can practice in real time more...

Bonster,
I want you to know that,
I even spent some time to read all the posting rules on Rennlist,
because I was worry I might make a mistake and get kick out from this forum.
I love this forum and even though I can always make another new ID to enter this forum back,

but that Prosper ID mean a lot to me,
simply because I am NOT Prosper yet in real life.

in 1995 I used to own 1994 Turbo 3.6 while studying at USC,
but right now I am still do not have enough budget to buy my own Porsche.
so that is why I choose that Prosper ID from the beginning.
It bring sentimental memory in me and hope that I am prosper again soon so I can
buy GT3 RS for me.

now, I now that there are rules in Rennlist that do not let not pay member like me
to sell product here.
and as you know, I really not from Akrapovic and I never work for them or any distributor.

from the beginning I open Akrapovic website today,
I had already knew how for people in USA to buy Akrapovic,
That is to buy directly from Akrapovic factory since they do not have any US dealer here.

but I worry if I put the contact number/address/email of Akrapovic export dept,
I might get ban because it is almost like promoting for some brand that is not rennlist sponsor.

That is why I have not been able to help the starter of this thread.

again if you check, the Starter of this thread already sure he want to buy Akrapovic,
but he just do not know how to get it from US distributor.

so my question to you is,
is it ok, if I copy and paste the contact info from Akrapovic website here ?
because that is the direct answer of the single question the starter of this thread had been asking from the beginning.

if it do not violate Rennlist rules, I will post it, but if it violate, I will not dare to post it here.

Thank You again,
Best Regards,
Prosper
Old 01-17-2010, 02:07 PM
prosper
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
I suggest that everyone takes a deep breath and relax. The OP asked where he could buy the Akrapovic system. That has been answered. I suppose if he wanted a Sharkwerks or EVO or Cargraphic, he would have asked for THAT info.

For those who don't know, titanium is a very difficult material to work with, stainless steel - which isn't east to start with seems like putty compared to Ti.

Ti is also expensive - way more than stainless.

Akrapovic is know to be the gold standard for Porsche exhaust systems and the proof is that PAG selected them to supply the 997GT2 and 2010 RS systems.

Yes they cost a fortune. Exotic material and fabrication more like what we'd find on a musical instrument costs more

Still if that's what the OP wants, who are we to question how he spends his money?

Prosper, thanks for the photos and info on the Akrapovic system. Please don't go around suggesting Nugget is unethical however. He posted an opinion - that's allowed, in spite of being off topic.

Regards,
Bob,

Thank You also for your time to review this thread.
I had been posting here that if someone have problem with this thread,
they should contact the administrator or moderator to judge all the factor.

and I am glad that you willing to spent your time to help clear this matter.

and as a member of Rennlist,

and I assure you that I still want to be a member of Rennlist using
the same Prosper ID ,

I will respect your judgement in this matter and I will follow your guidance per your post above.

Thank You again,
Best Regards,
Prosper
Old 01-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Prosper -- you will be able to keep your name the same if you decide to become a paying member. Attempting to open a second account under a different name at the same time, however, can get you into trouble. So just keep the name you have as you already stated you want to do.

As far as I know, posting information to direct someone to a website of a company that you are personally not financially affiliated with is not against forum rules. If you were selling wicker baskets, say, and posted a link to your website, THAT would be against the forum rules.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:30 PM
prosper
Instructor

Prosper -- you will be able to keep your name the same if you decide to become a paying member. Attempting to open a second account under a different name at the same time, however, can get you into trouble. So just keep the name you have as you already stated you want to do.

As far as I know, posting information to direct someone to a website of a company that you are personally not financially affiliated with is not against forum rules. If you were selling wicker baskets, say, and posted a link to your website, THAT would be against the forum rules.
Thank You Bonster,

and since I got clearance from you,
I will post the contact number to buy Akrapovic for people outside Europe.

again,
I want to confirm that I am NOT in anyway related to Akrapovic,
and I do NOT get any financial reward from Akrapovic,
and I am from Indonesia and NOT from Europe where Akrapovic is located
and my IP Address should be able to confirm my location.

http://www.akrapovic.com/where-to-bu...xhaust-dealer/

Other countries (including USA)

For other countries (including USA) car exhaust systems are available directly at:

Akrapovič Manufacturing, Trade and Services Company, d.d.
Sales department

Malo Hudo 8 a
1295 Ivančna Gorica
Slovenia
E-mail: car.info(at)akrapovic.si

and since Rennlist is a GLOBAL website with reader/member from all the corner of the globe,
this is the other distributor for other area that currently have official importer for Akrapovic car exhaust:

Austria, Germany and Switzerland

In Austria, Germany and Switzerland car exhaust systems are available through our agent:

Foxx Handelsagentur

82178 Puchheim
Germany
phone: +49 89 80072014
E-mail: info(at)foxxpr.de
Benelux

In Benelux car exhaust systems are available through our agent:

GP Products

De Hoogt 61, 5175 AX, Loon op zand
The Netherlands
Tel: 0031 416 660663,
Fax: 0031 416 660123
E-mail: info(at)gpproducts.nl
Greece

In Greece car exhaust systems are available through our importer:

Speed & Style

Alonistiotis I. Nikolaos,
Ag.Barbaras 27- P.Faliro,
175 63, Athens, Greece
Tel: + 30 210 9850450
E-mail: info(at)speedandstyle.gr
Japan

In Japan car exhaust systems are available through our importer:

Hashimoto Corporation

209 Nanba-cho Nijyo-street,
606-8374, Sakyo-ku ,
Kyoto, Japan
Tel: +81-75-761-7351
E-mail: aki(at)h-c.co.jp
UK

In UK car exhaust systems are available through our importer:

Performance Parts Ltd

A5 Watling Street,
CV23 0AQ, Clifton Upon Dunsmore,
United Kingdom.
Tel: +44 1788 869 100
E-mail: sales(at)performanceparts-ltd.com
Spain

In Spain car exhaust systems are available through our importer:

Nova De Neumaticos S.L.

Pol. Ind. La Pahilla,
Calle Canada De Perales – 204,
46370, Chiva - Valencia
Spain

Tel: + 34 96 252 4561
E-mail: Joe.martins(at)dream-machine.net

Quick Reply: Where are you guys buying Akrapovic systems?