Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT cars & BOSE

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 07:20 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did this mod on my 996, after all its a normal Porsche. I would never think about putting anything like it in my GT3.

Last edited by russo; 01-15-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:11 PM
kryten
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would guess a lot can be achieved by replacing the front speakers and adding some rears (probably mids from a component set).

However, I've spent ages (and 000s) upgrading stereos in cars and all I really want now is something I can actually hear, so I'll go with the sound package plus for simplicity.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:01 PM
BG
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kryten
I would guess a lot can be achieved by replacing the front speakers and adding some rears (probably mids from a component set).

However, I've spent ages (and 000s) upgrading stereos in cars and all I really want now is something I can actually hear, so I'll go with the sound package plus for simplicity.
The "Sound Package Plus" is good enough, the standard stereo is a joke. I too would be interested in changing out the stock speakers, if anyone has done this i would be interested in knowing what speakers they used .
Old 07-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, my name is Andy and I'm an alcoholic. Oops, sorry, wrong forum. Hi, my name is Andy and I like to listen to music while driving my Porsche.

I plan on picking up a used 997TT in September or October and want a great audio system. Does anyone know of a good custom installer in Northern California they would recommend?

Thanks,

Andy - music-aholic
Old 07-02-2009, 08:14 AM
YearOne
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The speakers that went in the doors of my car are JL Audio co-axials which loking at the receipt are JL C2650, I do not have the box to hand that would clarify this though. The tweeters were moved from the dash top to the doors but behind the standard grills so it all looks factory. I do not know how much fabrication if any was involved in this. There is a small Genesis Profile 2 amp mounted in the front next to the nav CD unit.

Quick Reply: GT cars & BOSE