Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 GT3 market? anybody wanna guess?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Brian S
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait, no center lock wheels on the early 2010's?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:07 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Hehe, the car came used ;-)

The right options for me are: Clear bra, LWFW, seats, 6 point belts, Sharky bypass, rollbar / harnesses, GIAC ECU, '09 CUP grills, Traqmate Chasecam, V1, laser jammer.

The wrong ones for me are all others...
Old 05-12-2009, 11:26 AM
mikegee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brian S
This is what I have been told...but only for the early allocations.. i am waiting fro the "official" confirmation
Old 05-12-2009, 11:54 AM
mikegee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Hehe, the car came used ;-)

The right options for me are: Clear bra, LWFW, seats, 6 point belts, Sharky bypass, rollbar / harnesses, GIAC ECU, '09 CUP grills, Traqmate Chasecam, V1, laser jammer.

The wrong ones for me are all others...

The clear bra is a MUST. After tracking my C4S without it...YIKES!!! the next cars ALL had it!
Old 05-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Doubt it they will attract the same premium as the first series cars. The economy has tanked, conspicuous consumption is sort of unfashionable , and its as the end of the 997 run, with the next gen car being a radical overhaul.
Still,Porsche are good at not overproducing, so they will ratchet back to whatever demand is.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Brian S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikegee
This is what I have been told...but only for the early allocations.. i am waiting fro the "official" confirmation
Where did you hear this from? PCNA doesn't know anything about it. My dealer assures me that all of the sales material only show/list centerlocks as standard equipment with no option for anything else including the show cars that we have all seen. Only the GT3RS running the ring has been seen with 5 lugs and there is no telling what that car really was.

Unfortunately Mjones' video shows some gt3's (rs's?) running around vegas but they had black wheels and camo so its really hard to call production from that.

It would be a major set back if the car did not have centerlocks in my opinion, I'm already giving up the engine mounts and having my wheels painted in America to have a june/july build date so I can taunt my friends with later build dates but if they can taunt me with centerlocks, lift systems and engine mounts.. it won't be worth the 6 months advantage I have on them.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:18 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

I have a June 1st build with center lock wheels. They will be on all 2010 GT3's.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Brian S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BBTurbo
I have a June 1st build with center lock wheels. They will be on all 2010 GT3's.
I figured as much considering the first car auctioned here had them. my build date is all the way out to june 26th.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 795 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by BBTurbo
I figured as much considering the first car auctioned here had them. my build date is all the way out to june 26th.
Can you guys tell me how long it takes until the car is finished?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:27 AM
DJN
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

I asked about the "rumored" centerlock delete/delay at my dealer as well. The response from my dealer rep (who is a racer, on-the-ball, and an all-round great guy) was that when my order for my June build car was submitted in late April, all components and options are checked at the factory to ensure availablity for the build date. This procedure is verified by the fact that the "smooth leather steering wheel" I ordered (at great expense!) would not be available for my build date. I will receive the car with the alcanterra wheel when it arrives, but fortunately, my rep has arranged for my leather wheel to be installed at their shop once they are available in Aug 2009.

I can't wait.....really, as I just sold my Z4 M Coupe yesterday. Now I'm sports-car-less for 2 or 3 months. I had to sell it, the "spring" window was wide open. I've been waiting patiently to get back into the 911 of my choice - this will be my first (and likely only) Porsche factory order.

Back on topic: I am hoping the 997 mk2 GT3's will be produced in smaller numbers than the Mk1 Gt3's, and therefore be more desirable in the future due to their significant upgrades (mostly 3.8L and GT2-like suspension). The economic downturn may have some advantages for some.

Cheers!
Doug N.

Last edited by DJN; 05-14-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 market? anybody wanna guess?