Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Sebring

I was driviing at Sebring last weekend, here's a shot we managed to grab at the end of the day of our group. We had a great time at this track, for many of us it was our first time at Sebring.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:37 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Bacus
I was driviing at Sebring last weekend, here's a shot we managed to grab at the end of the day of our group. We had a great time at this track, for many of us it was our first time at Sebring.
A great group of guys. Sorry I did not introduce myself. I instructed J Lynch on Saturday to orient him to the course. It looked like Napleton put on a very nice event. Man, there were some beautiful GT3s there last weekend.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Originally Posted by GT3CAR
A great group of guys. Sorry I did not introduce myself. I instructed J Lynch on Saturday to orient him to the course. It looked like Napleton put on a very nice event. Man, there were some beautiful GT3s there last weekend.
Napleton does take care of us! I recognize your car from your avatar, unfortunately we didn't get to shake hands. Yes there were some very nice GT3's out there including yours.

What a great weekend!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:42 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Lovely line up there... Well done!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:40 PM
CoGT3
Instructor

Jim,
It was great to meet you briefly on Sunday (I have the "other" cobalt GT3). It was pleasure to see all the GT3's flying around the track. It not often we get four, five, or six GT3's in row, and what a wonderful sound they make!

I'm glad they could get you on the track later for the photo. Just be sure to take a long look at it around October/November when the first snow falls. That should be motivation enough to come back next spring.

BTW: my wife took a bunch of pictures over the weekend. There are quite a few of the Napleton cars. The photos are at http://gallery.me.com/cogt3#100395&b...grey&view=grid Please feel free to download at will.

Matt Peebles
Old 04-23-2009, 12:43 AM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Originally Posted by CoGT3
Jim,
It was great to meet you briefly on Sunday (I have the "other" cobalt GT3). It was pleasure to see all the GT3's flying around the track. It not often we get four, five, or six GT3's in row, and what a wonderful sound they make!

I'm glad they could get you on the track later for the photo. Just be sure to take a long look at it around October/November when the first snow falls. That should be motivation enough to come back next spring.

BTW: my wife took a bunch of pictures over the weekend. There are quite a few of the Napleton cars. The photos are at http://gallery.me.com/cogt3#100395&b...grey&view=grid Please feel free to download at will.

Matt Peebles
It was nice meeting you as well. Nice pictures! I will be sharing a gallery too, I am busy editing video at the moment. We will be back down to run with you all in the winter.

What a great weekend!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:53 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 128 Posts

Jim, sorry I did not get to meet you guys. I was instructing a new student on Saturday and then showing some new guys from Michigan the line in a lead follow.

However I did get to give some of these GT3's a lot of point by's in the Red group! You picked up the track very quickly...well done.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:12 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jim it was a pleasure to meet you and the rest of the crew. im glad we were able to run together for a little bit on the 2nd day. im still considering trying to get up to watkins glen to run with you guys. im glad i was accepted into the group. haha... i hope everyone got home safely and i cant wait to run with you guys again. i've never been on the track with that many gt3's at once
Old 04-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Great photos! Anyone know what exhaust is on this car? Also, are there any potential issues with using the cup car wing/decklid given that you lose the cooling fan?

Old 04-23-2009, 01:19 AM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Originally Posted by Jon70
Great photos! Anyone know what exhaust is on this car? Also, are there any potential issues with using the cup car wing/decklid given that you lose the cooling fan?

Cup car exhuast, he told me he lost about 40lbs. The cooling fan is still used with this decklid.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Originally Posted by jenk12m
jim it was a pleasure to meet you and the rest of the crew. im glad we were able to run together for a little bit on the 2nd day. im still considering trying to get up to watkins glen to run with you guys. im glad i was accepted into the group. haha... i hope everyone got home safely and i cant wait to run with you guys again. i've never been on the track with that many gt3's at once
Mike, it was certainly a pleasure meeting you. I really enjoyed running with you... my tires were spent by that time so it was a bit frustrating, but even if I had fresh ones I doubt I could keep up with you!

5 or 6 of us are already in for the Glen.

I already thought you were a part of the group!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:08 AM
HKE46Boy
Rennlist Member

Is that an authentic Cup decklid and Wing?
Old 04-23-2009, 05:57 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

I don't know about that car but I put a Getty Design decklid and wing on my car and it is great!

Lindsey
Old 04-23-2009, 09:28 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

CHIN has some nice pics up from the event.

http://www.chinmotorsports.com/galle...ring/index.asp
Old 04-23-2009, 09:35 PM
MishaDesigns
Former Vendor

It feels great to be at the track

Quick Reply: Sebring