Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 12:27 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pictures.

Since no one has commented, I will.

What happened to the sunroof, and what does this really mean for the future of the RS?
Old 04-09-2009, 01:06 PM
zizu
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad there is no sunroof!
Old 04-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,341 Posts

looks like that steering wheel is thicker than the previous one ... I wonder if it would retrofit the mk I 997?
Old 04-09-2009, 03:41 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

question...is the oem air box so good and efficient that it has not changed in so many years?? i would have thought that at least a dual inlet box, similar to the tt, would have come along for more fresh air. the car is awesome looking.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Turbo4ever
Racer

^There will be a new air box for the RS.

The height of this red GT3 is way too high, maybe they forgot to disable the front lift system?
Old 04-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Turbo4ever
^There will be a new air box for the RS.
What information leads you to that conclusion?
Old 04-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Turbo4ever
Racer

^That's what my salesman told me, might be wrong tho.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

that might imply a number things:

1) the tech specs for the RS have been internally diseminated ...

2) the rear/deck wing (as the pictures suggest) is significantly different from
the 997.2 GT3 ... which may result in an airbox change

3) that *might* imply different engine perf numbers (not significant if it's just
the airbox that is changed)

time will tell I guess
Old 04-12-2009, 11:01 PM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm.. the window sticker says Ctr Console Lid in Alcantara with Logo but I don't see the stitching that this option normally has and don't see the model logo. Hope everything else is accurate; especially the free leather!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:50 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

No offense, but the salespeople wouldn't know their hand from their foot let alone whether there will be a change in airbox... They are usually the last to know anything- my dealership found out from me that GT3 details had been posted on their own website. I can't see how a salesman in asia is finding out info from insiders in Germany... I think he is full of **** or is speculating to tell you what you want to hear....
Old 04-13-2009, 05:55 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by manny_g
question...is the oem air box so good and efficient that it has not changed in so many years?? i would have thought that at least a dual inlet box, similar to the tt, would have come along for more fresh air. the car is awesome looking.
The turbo has forced induction and sucks in a far greater amount of air than NA motors like that in GT3... Any turbo would require a greater intake volume of air to be processed relative to an NA motor of similar volume. Air box upgrade most likely not required for such a small engine volume change as the previous would have been over engineered to minimise restriction at far greater volumes of air than the motor drew in...
Old 04-13-2009, 06:45 AM
Turbo4ever
Racer

Originally Posted by 911rox
The turbo has forced induction and sucks in a far greater amount of air than NA motors like that in GT3... Any turbo would require a greater intake volume of air to be processed relative to an NA motor of similar volume. Air box upgrade most likely not required for such a small engine volume change as the previous would have been over engineered to minimise restriction at far greater volumes of air than the motor drew in...
agree, but you can see from those spy pics that the air intakes at the rear engine lid is so much bigger than before. so maybe there will be a air box upgrade, time will tell.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:22 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

When I went back to the show on Friday I asked about the leather. Nobody there at the time who knew anything about it.

The only person who was there that seemed to know anything about anything was Bill Buckley, Driving Programs Manager for PCNA. However he told me that the dynamic engine mounts will be on every GT3. This is contrary to everything I have heard and seen so far.

I anybody goes to the show just tell them that you own a Porsche. The will bring you into a room at the booth and show you a whole bunch of car brochures to rate. This takes maybe 5 to 10 minutes then you walk out with a bag of goodies (baseball cap, key chain, small model car, and Porsche crest sticker.)

This whole scenario is so weird that there is just so much information flying around right now and nobody seems to have any answers.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:34 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
The only person who was there that seemed to know anything about anything was Bill Buckley, Driving Programs Manager for PCNA. However he told me that the dynamic engine mounts will be on every GT3. This is contrary to everything I have heard and seen so far.

This whole scenario is so weird that there is just so much information flying around right now and nobody seems to have any answers.
I would expect better from Bill...

Last edited by MJones; 08-03-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:54 AM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

I spec'ed mine at a dealership on Saturday. With the local sales manager and the regional rep on the phone there was still very little informaiton confirmed about what is standard and what are available options for the early build cars.

I used the option codes from the Czech site, but am very nervous about how this all got translated into an order. Kind of a catch 22 since we're being told that there are so few committed allocations I'm reluctant to wait for more information.

Quick Reply: NYIAS GT3 N.A. Launch Photos