Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

NYIAS GT3 N.A. Launch Photos

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 09:15 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo4ever
agree, but you can see from those spy pics that the air intakes at the rear engine lid is so much bigger than before. so maybe there will be a air box upgrade, time will tell.
Your statement said that there WILL be a new airbox... now you base your belief on spy shots showing larger air intakes... therefore you are speculating and spreading rumors about something you know nothing about...

Porsche may choose to give the airbox a larger opening to accomodate a little extra air but to redesign an airbox and stock an all new filter for a car that is limited in production numbers hardly makes financial sense if you are trying to maximise profit from a vehicle... for all we know the extra intake could be fancy plastic just for show!???
Old 04-13-2009, 11:25 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
I would expect better from Bill...
Hey MJones, Bill was very insistent that this was the case. I asked him if he was sure and he said absolutely. I did not question him further. I wonder if the new Dynamic Engine Mounts are the new US sunroof, can't get it without?

Once again I will say that you just don't know who to believe about anything right now. WE need an order guide. I just hope they don't put that lift system in as standard!
Old 04-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Blaine S
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I could not spec my car with either the Dynamic Engine Mounts or the Lift System.

I could spec a full leather interior and alcantara arm rest.

The window sticker in the show car does not seem to reflect what is (or will?) be available on a final US build sheet.

I'm going to the show on Saturday and will ask more questions too.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:33 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blaine, I hope you have more luck than I did! As we discussed the Euro delivery is the big missing link for both of us. I have not heard anything new from my end!

Quick Reply: NYIAS GT3 N.A. Launch Photos