Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Thinking of purchasing this GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:35 PM
toddturbos
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Thinking of purchasing this GT3 RS

Well, let me start out by saying, I don't know much about the 997 models as I've always been a 993 guy, but after the release of the 2007 GT3 RS, I started to gravitate towards any GT3 I saw on the road. Now I'm in the hunt and wanted to get any feedback I could about this particular GT3 RS. Anyone know of this GT3? Has anyone on this board dealt with Ooley-and Blackburn? I’m only considering Green and the Orange GT3 RS.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://ooley-and-blackburn.ebizautos...px?iid=2368199
Old 02-11-2009, 11:41 PM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sure that this car has been perpetually for sale for the last 8-9 months by a couple of different outfits. I don't have any first hand knowledge of the car but I assume it hasn't found a home because of the AC delete.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:57 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

she is a rare bird due to the A/C delete..... been for sale for awhile now.

if you still got your beautiful 993 for those A/C days and you dont plan driving the RS much in the heat of the summer then it is a great car.

It is so great that you might wish you had A/C to use it more often.......
Old 02-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

What would it cost to add ac ????????????
Old 02-12-2009, 12:37 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice turbo s !!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:01 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

to add A/C you would purchase another car....
Old 02-12-2009, 01:04 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,741 Likes on 2,350 Posts

chk if that car was first sold in CA. if so, i know its history. many owners.

if you want orange, you really should contact YLSHIH, he posted his orange 07 RS for sale, lower mileage than this green one. many of the bay area porsche ppl knows YLSHIH's car and it's cherry. i would take his over that green one anyday. price is very similar. and he's in SF bay like you.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:04 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

never an issue with the A/C delete for me...last summer here in NYC area was pretty hot and humid as usual....car is wicked fast and with the breezes blowing in the window...no problemo....I had to order mine without....free HP gain to offset the addition of the rollbar and besides, A/C gives me rediculous respiratory issues....not selling it ,so no resale issues here....looks like a great car and if you are a purist and track addict, it would not matter anyway wrt a/c....you want hot??? try driving an RSR with factory lexan side windows and triple layer nomex head to toe, etc.....its all a matter of conditioning for me, I guess...buy the car if you want it...looks like a good deal for a low miler.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:12 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

I think that was Josh's old car?? Then went to a couple of guys in Cali and then lost track of it... There are some good ones out there but I'd say for a daily d and in California, the A/C isn't all that heavy
Old 02-12-2009, 06:49 AM
zizu
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This car has been for sale for almost a year from the same dealer in Indiana.
They bought the car at auction in California and it had 2 (?) previous owner before that.
I follow this car for a while and the dealer put it regularly for sale on different website. The price is getting cheaper and cheaper.
No options except PCCB. A/C delete.
The car sold about a month ago. But it magically reappeared 3 weeks ago so the deal didn't go through.
I tried to inquire about this car but never got a reply from the dealer.
I like it a lot. The no options and A/C delete is a plus for me.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
toddturbos
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

All

Thanks for the all the great feedback, Rennlist and its members always comes through with good information. I've got some good history on the car now and feel that I can make a better deal elsewhere and may hold off a bit until the new GT3 w/the 3.8 liter is released this spring and from what I'm told, the RS will follow as I think this will effect the current 07 and 08 prices.

I'm currently considering two other GT3 RS, one in Fresno and the other Carmel, both orange.

I'll update everyone and may be back with more questions.

Thanks
Todd
Old 02-12-2009, 03:36 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by sharkster
I think that was Josh's old car?? Then went to a couple of guys in Cali and then lost track of it... There are some good ones out there but I'd say for a daily d and in California, the A/C isn't all that heavy
that's what i guessed. not many low option, no xenon, no ac car. josh and i talked about how to option that car long ago. too bad he dumped it for CGT... well. i guess i would too
Old 02-12-2009, 03:38 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by toddturbos
All

Thanks for the all the great feedback, Rennlist and its members always comes through with good information. I've got some good history on the car now and feel that I can make a better deal elsewhere and may hold off a bit until the new GT3 w/the 3.8 liter is released this spring and from what I'm told, the RS will follow as I think this will effect the current 07 and 08 prices.

I'm currently considering two other GT3 RS, one in Fresno and the other Carmel, both orange.

I'll update everyone and may be back with more questions.

Thanks
Todd
dont know the fresno car. but is the carmel one owned by an MD (jose, i believe) and heavily optioned? if so, it's been on the mkt for at least 6 months and price is dropping. a very nice machine with A LOT of options.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:54 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
that's what i guessed. not many low option, no xenon, no ac car. josh and i talked about how to option that car long ago. too bad he dumped it for CGT... well. i guess i would too
Speaking of CGT, and sorry to hijack, but I seem to recall people speaking of the $300K threshold, I came across this one last night:

http://www.jemmotorcorp.com/detail-2...t-3564720.html

Don't know much about them myself, but thought it might be of interest to someone.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by irish guitar
Speaking of CGT, and sorry to hijack, but I seem to recall people speaking of the $300K threshold, I came across this one last night:

http://www.jemmotorcorp.com/detail-2...t-3564720.html

Don't know much about them myself, but thought it might be of interest to someone.
Wow...same price as a Scud. Tough choice...or not?

Quick Reply: Thinking of purchasing this GT3 RS