Dealer won't take order...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:35 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
Car has been officially announced to dealers by PCNA and details are posted on their internal website (PPN)
Allocations have not been decided or announced.
It is too early to place an order as there are no allocations or order guides.
Not too early to get on a list.

Suggest you speak to the GM

Question: Did your dealer get any MY07/08 GT3's.

Remember many salespeople are way out of the loop, don't know squat, and flap their gums
Spoke to my dealer today and they are guessing it will probably be some months before they get allocations.

I did get first place on the "list". And depending on firming up my decisions, I may be talking to them seriously soon about firming things up to actually guarantee my spot.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:48 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
The dealership is small and offers great and very personalized service. They were bold to open in a small city and have been just great to deal with. Especially in this economy I feel a strong degree of loyally towards them and would like to give them my custom. So moving to another dealer would be a last resort.
This is exactly my situation. I have a deposit in and am 'first' in line. Fingers crossed they can come thru. They are doing a new facade this year to Porsche spec - supposedly means something re allocation rights (?, spots). I certainly hope so and they (I deal w/ the GM) seem confident. We (I) will see.

PS My docs say MSRP

Quick Reply: Dealer won't take order...