Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 09:42 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pics of RS for sale

Here are the pics and the spill about the car. Gonna start the price at $133,000. If you want an RS to put in a closet or a bubble, then there are still some out there that are new for more $$. If you want an RS to drive, it will be one that you have the piece of mind knowing you’ve put every single mile on a new engine. I’m motivated to sell, but not desperate. Give Wally call with a reasonable offer and I’m sure we can work something out with a good deal or a deal with lots of extras. I also have brand new 996 GT3 seats with alcantara inserts, CCW C14’s and other nifty extras if interested. This is definitely a car that I took very good care of, as I learned from the best right here on rennlist. Lastly, with the new GT3s starting at $120k, I think picking up an RS now will be an excellent value compared to a new one in the future, if they even make one. Thanks and God bless.

Dealer is handling everything. 6 year 100,000 mile warranty WILL transfer. Car is at Porsche of Hilton Head in Bluffton, SC. Call Wally at 843-208-3300. Brand new engine with zero miles and has matching numbers, 8000 miles on chassis. Stock seats, orange OEM Euro half cage, window tint before delivery, new front lip, cargraphic screens, xpel film installed before delivery and just removed to a showroom finish. Car is simply excellent. If a fellow RL'er buys, I will throw in cup cover (used once), fire bottle and bracket, rennline pedal set never installed, and possible a couple of other goodies. If it sells outside of rennlist, then I will have these extras for sale. I can answer questions, but I'm out of the loop for the sale of the car. Will post pics soon...car is coming out of detail today or tomorrow. Thanks for looking...please pass the word!
Attached Images            

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 01-31-2009, 09:50 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

more
Attached Images             
Old 02-01-2009, 03:25 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I love your car Rog. Thats the best RS color too. GREAT price GREAT car!! I wish I hadnt blown my
one new Porsche per life time wad on my last GT3 and I would buy yours
Old 02-01-2009, 08:32 AM
sws1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Geez - If only you could post a few more pictures.

Gorgeous. I want it. But can't have it. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:21 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

This is the one I would buy..
A numbers' matching new wngine would only be an advantage to me!

Good luck with the sale.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:44 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,661 Likes on 2,328 Posts

trakcar, this is your sign!
forget the next RS. this is iit.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:48 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm curious, how did you and dealership get Porsche AG to stamp the new engine with the same number as the original? I didn't think they would make the effort.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:10 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

trakcar, this is your sign!
forget the next RS. this is iit.
Haha, Mooty, I had the same thought this is actually the only RS I ever took a ride in on track with Roger and it sold me on getting a GT3 (Thanks Rog), but there's that new one coming in the distance and I am just bonding so nicely with mine....
Lowered the car a bit more, got the Cup lip with holes, new '09 Cup grilles, wheel studs, trailer hooks and that's just from last week ;-) Maybe i'll even wash it next week.

I'll have to wait for the Delta to schrink between the GT3 and RS...
Old 02-01-2009, 02:41 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rog - GL with the sale. If I didn't already have one, your car would be in my garage this evening!
Old 02-01-2009, 02:51 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by enthusiast
I'm curious, how did you and dealership get Porsche AG to stamp the new engine with the same number as the original? I didn't think they would make the effort.
I can't wait to read the answer to this question.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
I can't wait to read the answer to this question.
Surely not the same engine number (that would rather defeat the purpose of having serial numbers...) The seller says "matching" numbers -- factory and government paperwork will report that the given engine number matches the chassis or VIN.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:12 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Surely not the same engine number (that would rather defeat the purpose of having serial numbers...) The seller says "matching" numbers -- factory and government paperwork will report that the given engine number matches the chassis or VIN.
If I remember correctly it was discussed in another thread and they actually gave him a newly built engine with the same number. It took 2 months...

If I didn't own one already.....
Old 02-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
If I remember correctly it was discussed in another thread and they actually gave him a newly built engine with the same number. It took 2 months...

If I didn't own one already.....
Agreed -- this is a nice example, but the original owner didn't get a very good run in it. Hopefully the next owner will fair better.

The idea of being given a "new" engine but it happens to have the same serial number stamped in the block would mean there's no reason to trust any "numbers matching" investment grade Porsche costing hundreds of thousands or millions from the beginning of the company. Sure it's an original car ... numbers matching ... did we mention that the engine was replaced in 2006?

If that's what the factory has ever done, it's news to me, but that's just me. Let's open the can of worms and see what the real collectors, investors and speculators think. I wonder if SCM or the like can expand or expound on the merits of a car with an "original" (yet new and not part of the car when it was built) engine.

If I sent an engine away to be fixed and it came back with the same serial number, I'd say it's a rebuilt engine.

It perhaps goes without saying, but I'd expect Porsche to replace the engine, record the change in serial number against the manufacturers' data on record with the given government department and declare it a "matching" engine.

I take the phrases "numbers matching" and "matching numbers" to mean that the engine, transmission and chassis are found on factory documents as belonging to each other. It's then in the hands of the idle rich to throw money at each other and decide by dint of their largesse whether any given car is worthy of their fickle affection.

As for this thread, I can't stand watching the browser chug through loading all those photos. I suggest we all resist the temptation to post so many large image links instead of pointing to a page with maybe one or two teaser pics. </unsubscribe>
Old 02-01-2009, 06:17 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Yes, someone need to explain Roger how to schrink pictures
Maybe the moderators can get rid of them and send him some instructions

Let's open the can of worms and see what the real collectors, investors and speculators think.
I am not a collector, investors or speculator, I would just want to drive the snot out of it on track for the remaining warranty of the 6 years and 100K miles. The fact that I get to break in the engine is a plus to me, but I do see your point. Even if the numbers did not match, I would not care much as long as the car is a deal. Low option black RS..

It perhaps goes without saying, but I'd expect Porsche to replace the engine, record the change in serial number against the manufacturers' data on record with the given government department and declare it a "matching" engine.
Yes, that would make sense also.
I could be wrong, so don't hold me to it, but I think it is a new motor with the same numbers, replaced by Porsche.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:39 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks guys...I really appreciate all the kind words. I'm not sure how the matching numbers was achieved...just know that I asked on SEVERAL occasions to different reps and they assured me they would match. They even made some phones calls to be sure. If someone is a collector and wants to put in a bubble, I can't see them going after a car with 8k on the odometer anyway...this is a car to be driven and enjoyed. You guys are more than welcome to call ask just how is was achieved. I trust the guys at my dealership and have a great relationship with them.

Sorry for so many pics Carrera GT...maybe you should upgrade your computer as mine loads quickly...or simply unsubscribe.

I figured someone really interested in a RS would appreciate the pics. It truly is a fine specimen and I miss it already.

Quick Reply: Pics of RS for sale