Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Pics of RS for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 03:28 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Let's open the can of worms and see what the real collectors, investors and speculators think.
In this case is doesnt matter too much. the value would come into play 20 years from now or longer and even then if it even comes up who cares. It was replaced with in a year of the car being manufactured.
NOW if it was a 1950 something Mercedes 300SL gull wing and the motor was replaced in 2001, then WOAH whole nuther ball game.

As far as the pictures go, Adam needs to get rid of his Windows 98 machine with dial up.

Rog I would buy your car ASAP with no problems with the new engine. I think thats just a real blessing for the new owner.
Want to trade my 06 X5 and my 09 AMG fer it?
Old 02-02-2009, 03:03 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy

Rog I would buy your car ASAP with no problems with the new engine. I think thats just a real blessing for the new owner.
Want to trade my 06 X5 and my 09 AMG fer it?
Thanks Paul...but I need to downsize a little further than an AMG. I am considering buying a 996 turbo when I sell the RS. I really would like keep some kind of p car in the stable. I've only been driving them for about 5 years now, but have grown to love them above any other car.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 02-02-2009, 06:45 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

outstanding specimen given its track history, perfect showroom presentation.....someone is going to be a very lucky buyer....good luck with the sale, Franz!! I predict 5-10 days max and that baby is sold
Old 02-02-2009, 06:50 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by leif997
outstanding specimen given its track history, perfect showroom presentation.....someone is going to be a very lucky buyer....good luck with the sale, Franz!! I predict 5-10 days max and that baby is sold
Thanks Hanz! Heck, I forgot to mention that I won the Hilton Head Concours car show with it as well. Xpel is some awesome stuff...preserves the finish perfectly.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:31 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Thanks Paul...but I need to downsize a little further than an AMG. I am considering buying a 996 turbo when I sell the RS. I really would like keep some kind of p car in the stable. I've only been driving them for about 5 years now, but have grown to love them above any other car.
But you still have the 996 race car, do you?? Good luck Rog.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:15 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CWay27
But you still have the 996 race car, do you?? Good luck Rog.
Yup, still have that at least. Thinking about selling it also though. We'll see how the next few months goes.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:21 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Reduced price

Listing price is now $129,900. Somebody please buy it before I go pick it up. Saw it Tuesday...man that thing is a beauty!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:09 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Listing price is now $129,900. Somebody please buy it before I go pick it up. Saw it Tuesday...man that thing is a beauty!
Rog - I hear ya and sincerely hope your car finds a good home and soon. This is the worst possible time to be selling the car though with the economy being what it is even the guys with $$$$ and desire for Porsches are in a holding pattern. Wish the best...cheers.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:21 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The numbers matching thing i've seen before. I was at my dealer talking to the shop forman that i'm friends with putting a new engine in a 997-3. There was NO NUMBERS on it. He sent an email to PCNA joking if he should stamp it himself! This he said happens more then people think.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:35 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Surprised it did not sell yet..
Old 02-14-2009, 08:23 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks guys. It is tough times. However, I think it will get better soon and this will be a turn around year and the market will find a bottom, as well as, housing. Also, I really don't think they will actually make another RS for some time. If they do, it will be much more expensive and be at least 2 years out. So, it really makes me want to take the car off the market. I'm certainly willing to make someone a great deal, but not willing to give it away. Some I'm surprised someone hasn't grabbed it myself. I do have a guy that wanted pics from the dealership somewhere in NYC last week.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:22 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that Rog. Hope the economy picks up like everyone hopes. Good luck
Old 02-14-2009, 07:01 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CWay27
Sorry to hear that Rog. Hope the economy picks up like everyone hopes. Good luck
Thanks...there are a lot of people with my story right now I'm sure. Anyway, also want to add "or best offer" to the price. And, will consider the right trade for a turbo or turbo cab...996 or 997...+ $$ of course.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:09 AM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys. It is tough times. However, I think it will get better soon and this will be a turn around year and the market will find a bottom, as well as, housing. Also, I really don't think they will actually make another RS for some time. If they do, it will be much more expensive and be at least 2 years out. So, it really makes me want to take the car off the market. I'm certainly willing to make someone a great deal, but not willing to give it away. Some I'm surprised someone hasn't grabbed it myself. I do have a guy that wanted pics from the dealership somewhere in NYC last week.
Rog - I'm involved in the markets for a living. And while forecasting the future is often a futile exercise certain elements are now falling in place that should, at the very least, help stabilize this downward economic spiral. Perhaps later this year we could begin to see signs of an economic recovery. It won't be the leverage la la land of recent times, but a solid beginning nevertheless. I also think that there may not be a new GT3RS.

So if you can, hold off on selling your RS. Selling it now is really selling it in an economic hole.

Having said this take for what it's worth...just one old fart's opinion.

Best...
Old 02-15-2009, 06:32 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BobbyC
Rog - I'm involved in the markets for a living. And while forecasting the future is often a futile exercise certain elements are now falling in place that should, at the very least, help stabilize this downward economic spiral. Perhaps later this year we could begin to see signs of an economic recovery. It won't be the leverage la la land of recent times, but a solid beginning nevertheless. I also think that there may not be a new GT3RS.

So if you can, hold off on selling your RS. Selling it now is really selling it in an economic hole.

Having said this take for what it's worth...just one old fart's opinion.

Best...
Thanks Bobby. That sounds like great advice. I doubt they will make another RS as well, even though there is a lot of talk here on he boards about one. Even if they do, may not be one for the US and is at least 2 years off. I think I'll leave it for sale for a few more weeks, and if it doesn't sell at a decent price, I'll be back on the road with it. I only drive it on the weekend anyway...but it sure is missed on my Sunday trip to the gym. For me, there is nothing like driving an SUV all week and getting into a machine like that for a drive. Makes it special EVERY time. It is paid off and the my dealership is simply amazing with the car's needs.

Quick Reply: Pics of RS for sale