Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Look What Happened to this RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:30 AM
WildBill
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Premier has wrapped two cars for me. On both occasions they traveled to my home to do the job in my garage. I have nothing but praise for the work they did for me. I kept the TT for about a year after the install and it looked new when I sold it. The RS still looks as good as the day Premier wrapped it.

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/gt/8...view-pics.html
Old 01-10-2009, 10:47 AM
peloton
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 29 Posts

I've had extensive custom applications by Premier on the following cars:

07 GT3RS
07 GT3
08 GT3RS
05 Carrera GT
05 430 Spider
07 430 Coupe
08 430 Scuderia
91 F40
09 Gran Turismo
09 ML63
and maybe another car or two that I'm forgetting...

I automatically take newly acquired cars to them. I've always been satisfied with their work, but more importantly, Premier has demonstrated a 100% commitment to customer satisfaction. Any time I've raised an issue (admittedly rarely and always minor) Premier has taken care of me the right way, no questions asked. I've referred friends to them who have been happy too.

"Free speech" and the right to say what's on our minds without constraint is one of the great things about forums like rennlist and of course I think that right should be protected and honored. Look, we each have our own and very personal standards (as they should be) about what constitutes acceptable quality at an acceptable price. FWIW, for my personal standards, Premier is top notch.

I think a site sponsor has every right to promote their respective capabilities on the forum. In doing so, however, the sponsor potentially exposes themselves to public criticism - this comes with the territory. At the same time, I think every forum member has the right to be as supportive or as critical of any vendor as the person so desires. My hope for all of us is that different points of view can be accepted and treated with mutual respect. I also think that if a customer is dissatisfied with any vendor, the vendor should first have the opportunity to address the issue to the customer's satisfaction before the dissatisfaction is raised publicly. That's just a golden rule approach, IMO.

When the parties for whatever reason are unable to maintain that level of decorum, I think they should communicate directly and privately. I think that publicly-displayed personal disagreements detract from the quality of forum participation that I hope we all seek and I think that continuing those personal debates on the forum (though perhaps of some entertainment value like watching reality TV) ultimately denigrates the credibility of the debaters.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pog- seems you just can't resist to bad mouth someone eh? Looks like Premier is not only well documented; but well recommended by everyone who's used them here on RL- but you.

wtf man. Did Mommy not hug you enough?
Old 01-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 819 Likes on 265 Posts

So I haven't been on Rennlist for a bit but came back for this thread. https://rennlist.com/forums/carrera-...t-with-r8.html

Then I saw this thread and wow...

Both parties that are having the dispute I know personally, respect alot and consider friends.

With that said I've had 6 cars clear bra'd and the last 3 of them done by Premier. The last 2 cars I've purchased I've either had delivered directly or taken to Premier immediately for bra installation (& Window Tint). I've gotten the full custom wrap and people who see the cars cannot tell that it's been bra'd. I had my SL550 wrapped by another installer and let's just say Premier had to redo it. Right now, IMO, Premier is the best in the game.

I think Premier's quality and level of detail is top notch. Now some of you may know that I am pretty good friends with Sam, Wils and the guys and have helped them out at events and such, but I gotta say...I've seen them treat customers as well as they treat me. Heck, sometimes being a friend has it's drawbacks...I've been moved behind other customers in the que

-Kirby

'08 BMW M3
'07 SL550 50th Anniversary Edition (Itz|Gone!)
'06 Lamborghini Gallardo
'05 BMW M3 (Itz|Gone!)
'04 Cayenne S
'03 911 Carrera Coupe - Supercharged!
SF Bay Area (East Bay)
Old 01-10-2009, 01:20 PM
stuka
Pro

Originally Posted by emmros
whoa, not sure how you're driving your car. I have over 18k miles with Premier's work on my 996 that dates back almost three years and nothing like what your car. Also have 9000 miles on the X5 and looks as good as day one. It looks like you're scraping stuff everywhere. I wouldn't imagine that to be a Premier issue.
On my E46 M3, I had similar things happen where there were rips on the 3M clearbra, but that was because I couldn't aim the ramp properly to drive the car on for some DIY job. I tore the crap out of the bumper clearbra.

I had that piece removed, there was no paint damage, the clearbra did its job.

Then the piece was redone, and that was the end of it.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel as if I must chime in here even though I have never had Premier do any work on any of my Porsches. I have visited their facility with Alex and observed them at work I have also seen a minimum of 6 cars completed by them, all very impressive stuff. I currently have two cars with dealer installed pre-cut bras, costing $1500 each, trust me when I tell you there is no comparing the two. I would gladly have paid another $500 to have the quality of work I have seen on the Premier installs. I think this is a classic example of “you get what you pay for”. I wonder what the real issue is here?
Old 01-11-2009, 12:58 AM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I purchased my 2005 997S I had my dealer do a standard 3m clear bra on my front hood. That was a big mistake because there were so many issues with it mostly with the installation. When I purchased my 2007 TT I had Premier do the work and couldn't be happier. There is no comparison compared with my 997S. To me it was worth the drive to Fremont and the extra cost. The job Premier did was custom cut with no seems, they did the entire hood, front bumpers, and front fenders. Honestly I don't even know that a clearbra is installed on my car. The extra care Premier took to install it made a big difference. They even pointed out flaws in the paint from the factory that I didn't notice myself. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Last edited by gradyex; 01-11-2009 at 02:17 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 01-11-2009, 01:37 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm sure premier does good work, but Colm's pics show a horrible job imo. I understand that nothing is 100% in any line of work. What makes a good surgeon stand out in the crowd is often how he takes care of the complications, rather than how slick he is at the latest hi tech procedure. Here, premier may do slick work 90% of the time, but they didn't seem to on Colm's car, nor take care of him after the sale. Something that Matt at DD has done for me in the past, so it's not unheard of me thinks.
Shameful to post a customer's name btw.
just a rennlist observer, don't have a dog in this fight.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:58 AM
stuka
Pro

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I'm sure premier does good work, but Colm's pics show a horrible job imo. I understand that nothing is 100% in any line of work. What makes a good surgeon stand out in the crowd is often how he takes care of the complications, rather than how slick he is at the latest hi tech procedure. Here, premier may do slick work 90% of the time, but they didn't seem to on Colm's car, nor take care of him after the sale. Something that Matt at DD has done for me in the past, so it's not unheard of me thinks.
You cannot possibly suggest that he left the Premier facility with those tears on the clearbra right after the install.

Please refer back to Premier's documented pictures of the installation earlier in the thread.

And as I wrote in another post, clearbra can be torn in many situations through day to day use.

This could happen, such as in my case, when I didn't aim 100% correctly on the drive on ramp for my DIY job on the M3, and tore the clearbra on the lower bumper. But that's what clearbra is supposed to do, without it there, I would have had to respray the bumper. Instead, I had the torn clearbra removed and a new one applied.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:58 AM
emmros
Instructor

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I disagree. I took some time to read the story between the two and it doesn't sound like Pog ever made an effort to contact Premier. Plus, those pictures that Pog posted looks like the bra's been damaged somehow. It looks like something tore the crap out of the bra. I don't think that's something that can be blamed on Premier.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:06 AM
stuka
Pro

Whatever the case might be, does it make sense to anyone that if a car's documented installation pictures show that there was no tear on the clearbra, that somehow, later on after it leaves the facility, that tears will spontaneously appear on the clearbra?

I have had two cars with clearbra done by Premier, and neither one has spontaneous tears on the clearbraed surface.

I have had 3M and Venture shields and have had clearbra on E46 M3 (done by some guy in Indiana), Turbo (done by Invisage), GT2 and S4 Avant (done by Premier). None had spontaneous tears on them. The M3 had a tear on the bumper because I put it there during a botched drive on attempt to put it on the ramp for DIY job.

Last edited by stuka; 01-11-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:23 AM
emmros
Instructor

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Pog- seems you just can't resist to bad mouth someone eh? Looks like Premier is not only well documented; but well recommended by everyone who's used them here on RL- but you.

wtf man. Did Mommy not hug you enough?
I think the dude just needs to learn how to drive. Haven't had any scrubs on my bumpers like that! Same company installed it on mine and no spontaneous tears anywhere. Well, I take that back. My significant other honestly cannot parallel park for sh*t, so the bra on her car looks a little like Pog's.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:59 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gradyex

On a sidenote to all the bitchn on this thread, I must say that GT Silver looks fantastic on you turbo Gradyex... Just fantastic... If I buy new, it'll be hard to go past this color...
Old 01-11-2009, 12:43 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The scrubs I can understand, I was looking at the seems/edges, they looked a little sloppy to me.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:24 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

My recommendation for purchasing a car with any film applied. Add a step to the Pre Purchase Inspection list; Final Step in completing the deal would be to have the film removed so the paint can be properly examined.

The reputation of the current film installer would not matter because in the PPI one is trying to determine the actual condition of the paint. The film may cover factory paint flaws or damage from other sources.

Quick Reply: Look What Happened to this RS