Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Oldguy, your GT3 on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW
Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW thats amazing!! it is mine and they are down to what they paid me for it!!
I got out just at the right time!!
I felt the market was cooling off and if I wanted to get out I had better do
it then.
thats amazing. this is one time I got a pretty good deal
Old 10-08-2008, 05:09 AM
daytonaviolet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i sat in your car the other day at fletcher jones. awesome looking car
Old 10-08-2008, 02:15 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yup She was a nice one.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:35 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Paul,

I thought Carlsen bought it back. Now it's at Fletcher Jones???

CP
Old 10-08-2008, 06:19 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very bad news for P-dealers. Sales waaay down

The wiseguys who told me $40K over for their very special GT-2 called the other day. The very nice saleslady told me that if I offered MSRP she would, "take it to her manager".

This is going to be ugly for a little while. I can't believe those two fellows were still trying to tell folks that they could fix things without sacrifice last night on TV. The Fed was just gonna come in and make it all go away...sure
Old 10-08-2008, 07:48 PM
jenk12m
Banned

paul, i have to continue to hold on for all the artic silver 3's out there...haha
Old 10-08-2008, 09:22 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jenk
You da man for us or what use to be us!!

I need to talk to you about your AMG.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:13 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
This is going to be ugly for a little while. I can't believe those two fellows were still trying to tell folks that they could fix things without sacrifice last night on TV. The Fed was just gonna come in and make it all go away...sure
i dont usually comment on politics. but i watched the so called "debate". OMG, what fk morons. ANY idiot would know what to say. yes, middle american suffering, we need to help them. sure, reduce tax, stablize RE, increase employment. blah blah blah...... YES, WE ALL KNOW THAT.

the Q is HOW HOW HOW DO WE ACCOMPLISH WHAT IS BEGIN SAID. if they can explain how the financial mkt can be regulated, housing price stablized, options, futures and exotic derivitives controlled, etc etc etc i would give up driving nice car for life.

HOW is the key, not WHAT, we all know to do...
the debate was a waste of my two hours.
could have been changing oil.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:32 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I didnt watch any debates. Waste of time. I know Obama will be hated by everyone I work with
The military. The disgust that this guy will be the commander and chief is even more than Clinton.
but we will just have to get through the 2nd coming of the Carter administration and see if the next pres
is better. But look at this most Democrats and some republicans come out of college become clerks then become a state official, then run for national office then we are were we are. they have NO real lift experiencne (especially the Dems) and can barely balance a check book as evidenced by the congress bank scandal about 15 years ago. We should have known then that they shouldnt have ANYTHING TO do with finance. ANY of em.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:46 PM
nahtnoj
Intermediate

Everyone?

I know or know of quite a few active and retired military personnel as well as defense contractors who are not pleased at the prospect of another Republican in the White House.

Who are some of these people specifically? Hint - I went to college with Gen. Patraeus' daughter...

Also, please find me one USNA 58' grad who has a single nice thing to say about John McCain.

I agree with you that the Congress generally does not have the experience necessary to figure out what to do about the economy and that a professional political class is not to our advantage as a country.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:53 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Aw Jasus now lads (and lassies), let's keep the politics (and religion) out of here.

There are many "political" forums to express your opinions; and nobody here really gives a "Continental Damn" about your political views, if you feel the need; start with the "off topic" section.

Don't spoil this forum by introducing Politics or Religion.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:45 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I was going to buy a Cayman S a few days ago, the dealer offered me $4k under sticker, good deal at other times, but not a good one given what is being discounted at other places.

Then, I called in regards to a pre-owned Cayman S somewhere else, asking price was on the low 70s, I offered low 50s. A few days ago they dropped it to high 50s, it's still for sale. Sticker was close to $90k (PCCB, Nav, PASM, exclusive, etc).

I tried to find a GT2, everybody wanted $$$ over sticker, I could not find the cars at MSRP, not around my area.

The good thing with the GT2/GT3 is that everybody loves them, and they're in short supply.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:57 PM
MFC996
Instructor

Originally Posted by Colm
Aw Jasus now lads (and lassies), let's keep the politics (and religion) out of here.

There are many "political" forums to express your opinions; and nobody here really gives a "Continental Damn" about your political views, if you feel the need; start with the "off topic" section.

Don't spoil this forum by introducing Politics or Religion.
Right on. Besides none of those bastards have the ***** to drive a Porsche
Old 10-08-2008, 11:58 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Hmmm.... Interesting.

I talked to salespeople at Fletcher Jones (Fremont) and Carlsen (Redwood City). I simply asked: how's business lately? They both snickered indignantly and said: "our clients are NEVER bothered by economy. They all spend freely when it comes to Porsches!!!!"

Life of a Porsche owner (and by extension, a Porsche salesman) must be pretty good.

CP

Quick Reply: Oldguy, your GT3 on ebay?