Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

In-car video at California Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 10:08 PM
HKE46Boy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In-car video at California Speedway

In-car video, 2 hot laps, 1:57 with roval/infield. Grussell is 10sec+ ahead of me!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e3W6e7RAnJ8&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8NuqBmFY0vk&feature=related
Old 06-28-2008, 11:06 PM
jenk12m
Banned

nice simon, was this a private track day
Old 06-29-2008, 12:09 AM
HKE46Boy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jenk12m
nice simon, was this a private track day
It was a join event from Speedventure and POC.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:24 AM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

speed ventures gets 5 20 minute run sessions, however poc actually only gives us about 15 minutes so its not that great.

i love the track so its a tough call
Old 06-29-2008, 02:05 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,988 Likes on 561 Posts

dude is it just me or do you downshift 2x faster than you upshift?
Old 06-29-2008, 06:18 AM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Dam..
how did u get so many clean laps?

out lap -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJr9idxf69g&NR=1
Old 06-29-2008, 09:21 AM
TTRob
Instructor

Nice driving. Exhaust sounds great, what system are you running? Any other mods? TIA
Old 06-29-2008, 10:50 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by crispenigl
speed ventures gets 5 20 minute run sessions, however poc actually only gives us about 15 minutes so its not that great.
i love the track so its a tough call
When Aaron buys a run session from us he gets his full 20 minutes unless there's an incident on track. I don't imagine he would continue to buy sessions from us (Laguna next month) if that were the case. Since he doesn't report the results to Mylaps or list all the session results it's impossible to verify.

BTW, the reason for the GT3's clean laps was the 105 temps all weekend long....
Old 06-29-2008, 11:07 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Why downshift at all? Downshifting and letting the clutch out between gears is a waste of effort. Brake hardest at the point you start braking, then slowly back off the brakes and downshift into whatever gear you will need to enter the turn. This way you can concentrate on hitting your braking point, and the braking effort. I come off the banking in 6th, brake hard and downshift to 2nd. for the turn in. There's always plenty of time to get the shift completed and the car settled. You'd burn at least 1 second off you lap time there at CS by eliminating the downshifting....

Greg (correct?), if you're going to Laguna find me there and I'll show you some tricks....
Old 06-29-2008, 11:26 AM
HKE46Boy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

Yup, my downshift skill is much better than upshift!
Old 06-29-2008, 11:27 AM
HKE46Boy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Why downshift at all? Downshifting and letting the clutch out between gears is a waste of effort. Brake hardest at the point you start braking, then slowly back off the brakes and downshift into whatever gear you will need to enter the turn. This way you can concentrate on hitting your braking point, and the braking effort. I come off the banking in 6th, brake hard and downshift to 2nd. for the turn in. There's always plenty of time to get the shift completed and the car settled. You'd burn at least 1 second off you lap time there at CS by eliminating the downshifting....

Greg (correct?), if you're going to Laguna find me there and I'll show you some tricks....
Interesting...let me know try it next time!
Old 06-29-2008, 03:04 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,988 Likes on 561 Posts

this is what alain prost talks about in his book...instead of going 6-5-4-3-2 he brakes in 6th and at the time he needs to, puts it in 2
Old 06-29-2008, 07:19 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

When Aaron buys a run session from us he gets his full 20 minutes unless there's an incident on track. I don't imagine he would continue to buy sessions from us (Laguna next month) if that were the case. Since he doesn't report the results to Mylaps or list all the session results it's impossible to verify.
This is not totally correct. We get flagged about 16 to 17 minutes after the session goes green. With the fact that cars can go off at the half way point of the lap, we lose 3 minutes of run time that we should be getting which means losing a lap or 2. Since you only get 5 or 6 laps, 1 of which you use to get your tires and brain up to temp, you dont really get to really enjoy it.

I would prefer 4x 25 minute sessions if this were a choice.

Also last year, they took time away from us, even though we didnt have incidents in any of our run groups. We had a 9 minute session on one day for example. This year it was overall pretty incident free for everyone which was great.

I love this track and should prolly join POC so I can get better instruction and more run time

BTW, the reason for the GT3's clean laps was the 105 temps all weekend long....
It was freaking hot and those laps came on friday when speedventures had the least people there.

Greg
Old 06-29-2008, 07:21 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

I am Greg, but Simon is the video poster. Simon is a much more skilled driver than I am.

I would love to learn tricks.

I will prolly join poc this fall once it cools down.

Looking forward to meeting you.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:53 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by crispenigl
I love this track and should prolly join POC so I can get better instruction and more run time

It was freaking hot and those laps came on friday when speedventures had the least people there.

Greg
Greg we're back there on the infield course Nov 15 & 16 as part of our Short Track Series normally run at "Streets". We're also going to run our semi-annual Driver's Clinic on Sat the 15th. The process for climbing the POC ladder starts with the STS series and the Clinic. You should definitely come and join us. You won't be dissapointed....

Now that I think about it, you should come to the next STS event which is at "Streets" on Sept 6 & 7....

Quick Reply: In-car video at California Speedway