Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Need your help

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:28 PM
MarekN
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have the RMS solved (letīs hope) and your only issue is a malfunctioning gauge, then you should have the gauge replaced, at Porscheīs expense, or yours, if it comes to the worst, and keep this great car.

I have been in the exact same situation on different issues with BMW, furious that a new car you buy is having "unfixable" problems, which havenīt really been solved until today. I kept the car though, for itīs other various plus sides.

I think we share a sort of perfectionism when it comes to the way a car should perform, but as you have been learning the hard way for the last couple of months, sometimes the situation gets you and all you can do is compromise. Tough, but true.

I think this is no big dilema, just enjoy the GT3 and forget about the oil gauge, especially if you know that you have 6 bar in the system.

Best of luck and good health, Marek.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:18 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by MarekN
If you have the RMS solved (letīs hope) and your only issue is a malfunctioning gauge, then you should have the gauge replaced, at Porscheīs expense, or yours, if it comes to the worst, and keep this great car.

I have been in the exact same situation on different issues with BMW, furious that a new car you buy is having "unfixable" problems, which havenīt really been solved until today. I kept the car though, for itīs other various plus sides.

I think we share a sort of perfectionism when it comes to the way a car should perform, but as you have been learning the hard way for the last couple of months, sometimes the situation gets you and all you can do is compromise. Tough, but true.

I think this is no big dilema, just enjoy the GT3 and forget about the oil gauge, especially if you know that you have 6 bar in the system.

Best of luck and good health, Marek.
Don't know if the rMS is solved as the car has been basically at the dealers since the last seal was installed. As for the oil pressure gauge, it is not a malfunctioning gauge but instead and improper gauge installed on mine, and I would think most GT#'s and GT3 RS. The reasons are:

1. we put a calibrated gauge on my car and after achieving normal operating temp. took oil pressure readings at various RPM's Until the in dash (OEM) gauge reached its upper limit of 5 bars it tracked right with the calibrated gauge.

2. Remember from an earlier post I stated that my owner's manual states that oil pressure at normal operating temp and 3000 RPM should read "aprox. 3.5 bars". In actual fact at 3000 RPM mine reads 6 bars and at 5000 RPM it reads 7.5 bars. ( 7.5 bars equates to 108.7785 PSI) The most current Porsche factory shop manual says that at 3000 RPM the oil pressure should read 6 bars and at 5000 RPM it should be 7 bars. All these readings are above the upper limits of the dash mounted (OEM) gauge and thus well above what the owners manual states. Additionally if you read your warranty manual it states that to keep the warranty in force ( not voided) you must follow the guidance of the owner's manual Thus the catch 22. So far the Porsche NA field Technical manager will not put in writing that normal oil pressure at 3000 RPM is above the limits of the dash mounted gauge. They have been very pleasant just steadfast in their refusal to do what is ethical and correct. Hopefully their position will change. I feel getting a new gauge installed in our cars that would read the actual oil pressure is out of the question and I would be satisfied with a simple statement that the high pressure is normal and will not void the factory warranty. the nI can enjoy this wonderful car soon and for many years.

Quick Reply: Need your help