Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Would you trade: 06 430 & 07 gt3 rs for 430 SC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 04:45 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,359 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by iLLM3
No way in hell, but I would trade the F430 for a Stradale and keep the RS as well
yes! glad you agree.

430 scud is a great looking car but it will be 200k in a few years...just like the 360CS.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:39 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Philip in AL
But this could be just way too hard to resist!
I don't know. It is nice, but it did not make my jaw drop at all.

If the Scud is a more hard core than the RS and is more for the track, then is that what you want; that type of car? Or are you more enthralled with the look and exlusivity of the new Scud and want it because you feel like you can't let this opportunity slip by? If it does slip by then you may never be complete and your life will never be the same; do you know what I mean? I am serious about this and not being a smart ***. I have been in this situation not too long ago, and it was with my GT3. I knew I did not need it, and I loved my Exige S, but I felt like I had to get one; I always wanted one. I had to get it out of my system at least. I figured that I could drive it for a couple of weeks or a month and then sell it and get my money back. It has been 5 months and I do not want to give up my GT3 for anything; I can't sell it; I must own it and drive it and love every minute of it behind the wheel. Now I am working on getting an RS because it is the ulitmate to me; but I can say that I don't need to have the RS. If it does not woek out, I will not be very sad. But that is becaue I already have an RS. For my skill level, and the fact that I have the clutch and aero aids and even the steering wheel; I just know I could not tell that it has a wider track, and I am prety good at ignoring the sunroof.

I would still keep your two cars and turn your RS into a street legal CUP car. Not a full fledged one, but about half way between and RS and a Cup car.

That would be fun.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:43 AM
WalkerInTN
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's pimp, no doubt.

But it sure doesn't look that much different than the F430 already in your avatar. From what I've read, it's not much faster either.

Is the difference in the F430 vs the 430 Scud really worth a GT3RS to you?
Old 05-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

The 430SC is not my cup of tea and I think that the RS and the regular 4300 would be a smarter, more reliable and drivable choice. The RS is next to bulletproof and is a great lapping day car for sure. The 430 is a wonderful street car that has all the looks you could ever want but it's not much of a track car (brakes suck).
I kind of think that you have the right stuff sitting at home right now. Two for one trades never benefit the guy trading...
Old 05-08-2008, 12:30 AM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome - I agree with your thoughts. As discussed in my previous post you need to keep the RS and trade the F430 for the Scuderia.

FYI- picked up the GT2 today and have been driving it all day - Great car but too soft, too quiet as compared to the RS - RS is more fun to drive - love the flywheel - turbo power is great in GT2, but not a severe as I expected. I like the look of the GT2 especially in Black Black as ordered - If I had to choose only one, and I know I will upset many on this forum, GT3 RS vs. GT2 vs. Scuderia. My pic would be the Scuderia.

Last edited by RMN22AJR; 05-08-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:33 AM
h20skier
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
No way I'd do that trade. RS is nearly the SC equal, close enough. The 430 is a beautiful car. You have the perfect pair of cars now. No need to spend more money. You'll have a harder time parking it. Enjoy what you have.
No Way not even close would the RS compare to the 430S. My RS is a fantastic car and the closest thing to my 997 Cup that Porsche could ever make but neither compare to my 430's at high speeds. The Ferrari's are just a better car at speed. The Scud will be a much harsher driving experience and one that some don't want to deal with. The 430 will be more refined and your wife or girlfriend will like you a lot more after 3 hours in one than the 430S. Same with a CS. Make your choice on your use only. Don't get a Scud because you can.

Ferrari's in general hold their value much longer than Porsches so if you got the 430S it will have value much longer than the RS and 430 but it all comes down to what your use is going to be.

Would I make the trade no. I'd trade the 430 for the 430S and pay the extra $. You appear to need the two cars for your two spots and they are both great cars.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:00 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RMN22AJR
Awesome - I agree with your thoughts. As discussed in my previous post you need to keep the RS and trade the F430 for the Scuderia.

FYI- picked up the GT2 today and have been driving it all day - Great car but too soft, too quiet as compared to the RS - RS is more fun to drive - love the flywheel - turbo power is great in GT2, but not a severe as I expected. I like the look of the GT2 especially in Black Black as ordered - If I had choose only one, and I know I will upset many on this forum, GT3 RS vs. GT2 vs. Scuderia. My pic would be the Scuderia.

I'm sure with the right suspension angles the GT2 will be much more focused...but nothing beats NA revs!!!!

I agree that the scud is a fantastic sounding, revving and surely driving car- but to give up 2 awesome cars for it...I'd rather keep what I had- or get rid of the 430 and 10 pounds of $$$
Old 05-08-2008, 04:11 PM
scottjua
Intermediate

RS and Scuderia would be the ultimate, but in your case... considering you say you hardly drive the RS, I'd do it...on my own personal one condition: I would trade both, but drive the Scuderia into the ground. I would drive it every day possible, rain or shine, and one road and track without abandon.

Unfortunately most of these seriously radical street cars just get to sit around (and out of the hands of people who MIGHT use them), but if it were my decision to make, I'd trade in a heart beat and then drive, drive, drive. Until I got tired of not having a clutch pedal of course, then sell it and get another RS. ^_^

If you think of the Scuderia as an investment or you think you won't drive it... don't get it. There just might be someone else out there who can buy it and drive it more. Why hoard something just because you can and let it go to waste? I mostly agree with 340Elise on this one... your RS is pretty much the ultimate road/track car, but the Scuderia is amazing as well, and I would admit if you have the means, the opportunity is hard to pass up.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:07 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

the good thing about the RS is that it has lots of little rubber and plastic lips, ducts and bits to absorb the curbs and gophers that are off the track a little bit, which allows you to push the car closer to the limit...since you know an OTE (like an F-car) isn't gonna cost you 5000 and 4 weeks in the shop to fix, you don't really care as much when they happen!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:56 AM
peloton
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 29 Posts

I've owned a Stradale but switched to a 430; Strad looks better, 430 goes better.

One of you writes that the 430 brakes suck - wrong IMO; I've done lots of track days with mine, brakes (even in steel) are just fine for 20-30 minute sessions (though i did upgrade to 380mm/6 pot Brembo GT's on mine).

I use the RS for track, the GT3 mainly for street, and the 430 for both. I am not considering getting rid of any of them.

I've taken a close look at the Scud and I agree with the other posters: keep the RS and 430 and as CJ says, if you've got the itch get a more track-focused play toy (I'm looking at a Lotus 2-Eleven to tow to the track).

I saw CGT mentioned in a couple of the posts - for what it's worth, my view is that type of car is in another category. Mine is highly functional, lots of fun on road and track, but also kinetic art - every techno detail is a delight to behold and to use.

Quick Reply: Would you trade: 06 430 & 07 gt3 rs for 430 SC?