Smart money!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 03:19 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jack
Colm,

I subscribe to your theory on the new GT2. Having been one of those burned by the market on the last GT2 even though production was very low over it's four year run, I passed when offered my dealer's first car at MSRP. I'm sure the GT2 is fantastic, but i'm not making that mistake again.

I think the premiums will hold for a short time -- same as was the case on the early '02 GT2's. -- but then the market will collapse. I bought my new '03 for a discount (not nearly enough as it turned out) and there had only been 68 '02 GT2's sold in the prior model year. I remember when one of the first GT2's sold in Cali went to a relatively well known actor for $100K over MSRP...crazy.

I'm already set to be #1 for the next GT3 with DI and sequential....looking forward to it.
Unkind and rude comments deleted.

More rude comments deleted.

.. more rudeness deleted.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts

someone needs to adjust his meds
Old 04-23-2008, 03:02 PM
AmirGT2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
LOL, how can you be burned when you bought the god dam thing for invoice ? Do dealers have to loose money now just to make stuffed guys like yourself happy? How did you ever make your dough in your coveted ex law firm is beyond me because you surely did work strictly for charity and if a case did not work out the way it was suposed to work out you just refunded your clients $$ plus some extra cash for the sad ending.What a guy.

BTW, does your detail guy come with you to your track events so your rides are nice and shiney also or was he just booked when he had to clean the GT2 with "special" microfiber rags,lol, on the lot, to meet your paint expectations before you signed the dotted line ?

I am puzzled , are GT2's amateur track cars or detailers fantasies ?

As for the threadstarter, it must be painful for a accountant like youself, despite all the smart moves ,crystal ball predictions and buying it "right" angles, witnessing your Black series drop faster than the Titanic.
Oliver,

Why so pissed off? Jeez, we all thought that leaving Auto Gallery and the Washington air would chill you out. I understand you are disgruntled from some of your pain in the *** clients, that's why I never chimed in, but come on, attacking Jack???

From what I remember, Jack was nothing but nice to you. Are there any of your clients that you are not pissed at?

Have a nice day!

Amir
Old 04-23-2008, 03:53 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

So that is who Pole is? A mere disgruntled auto salesman? No wonder he gets pissed when someone uses alittle science in some of our posts.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:36 PM
prg
Pro

I don't think his mother hugged him when he was a boy.
Condescending arrogance in almost every post.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:00 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, how can you be burned when you bought the god dam thing for invoice ? Do dealers have to loose money now just to make stuffed guys like yourself happy? How did you ever make your dough in your coveted ex law firm is beyond me because you surely did work strictly for charity and if a case did not work out the way it was suposed to work out you just refunded your clients $$ plus some extra cash for the sad ending.What a guy.

BTW, does your detail guy come with you to your track events so your rides are nice and shiney also or was he just booked when he had to clean the GT2 with "special" microfiber rags,lol, on the lot, to meet your paint expectations before you signed the dotted line ?

As for the threadstarter, it must be painful for a accountant like youself, despite all the smart moves ,crystal ball predictions and buying it "right" angles, witnessing your Black series drop faster than the Titanic.
Where did that come from? I don't know Jack personally, but I have been reading his posts for almost 3 years now and have corresponded with him on a few PM's here and there. I first met him online on Elise Talk back in the summer of 2005, and I was really happy to find him post here on Rennlist on the GT3 forum which I joined last year; I wish he would post more often.

He is well liked on the Lotus side as well as over here (besides one individual). Although he has an RS and an Exige Cup car and I believe some Ferraris also at some point; I have never witnessed him talk down (or write down) to anybody. He contributes useful information and is easy to get along with on these excellent forums.

I hope I have the pleasure of meeting Jack personally some day; it would probably be at the track, and during a Porsche or Lotus event.

Stephen
Old 04-24-2008, 12:37 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Polar Peter:

Whenever I buy a car at MSRP, and it depreciates like a rock I might feel stupid

Whenever I buy a car over MSRP, and it depreciates like a rock, I might feel dumb

If I ever bought a car from you, I would certainly feel like, and be, a sucker!

How's that for an angle!

PS

I have good idea why your Mother might not have hugged you!

You might call that a compound angle!!
Old 04-24-2008, 01:12 AM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

well, missionary position isn't even a member so he's a cheap sob too!

don't mess with Colm, brother...he's third generation mafia....
Old 04-24-2008, 01:56 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,663 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
well, missionary position isn't even a member so he's a cheap sob too!
took me a while to get it... i am dense!

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
don't mess with Colm, brother...he's third generation mafia....
he speaks softly and carries a big stick.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:54 AM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey guys....go easy on Oliver (Pole Position), he can't help himself. All those years of selling used cars has taken its toll.

I appreciate all the kind words and support as well the several PM's alerting me to my dire mistreatment, but I shall not lose any sleep over PP's comments (which have apparently been deleted). Just got back from a day at the track with Craig Stanton (no, he's not my detailer), so I'm a happy camper!

I feel honored to have been painted with the same brush as Colm -- I can't think of being in better company.

I also subscribe to Colm's admonition: "Never argue with idiots - first they drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience."
Old 04-24-2008, 04:24 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

I stand by my post, nothing but the truth.

Coincidently my opinions are shared almost exclusivly by other people in the car business who had dealings with you. Fact ,not fiction.

Maybe you should listen to WAR's Smiling faces a little more , it will give you a hint.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oliver,

You and truth appear to be mutually exclusive. I'll stand by my reputation over yours any day.

Tells us of your wonderful relationships at Beverly Hills Porsche, Ogner MotorCars and AutoGallery...I'm sure it would make for some interesting reading.

In the meantime, you have a wonderful day. I know that I will.

All the best,

Last edited by Jack; 04-24-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:43 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

There are alot of people on this board who know Jack and hold him in very high regard! I personally think the Porsche dealers in LA are lousy and I buy my cars out of state.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 92 Posts

The 997GT2 will not depreciation like the 996GT2 because it is equipped with PSM and is much more user friendly. The 996GT2 was known as the widowmaker for good reason.

Additionally, the 997GT2 performance parameters are as good as the CGT which cost almost twice as much. That said, I still can not understand anyone paying a substantial premium for any Porsche.

Jack, I cannot imagine how anyone can find fault with you or your posts. However, your selection of cars may get my attention.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:09 PM
creator8
Instructor

I know Jack and he's cool... but thats another story.

Late to the party but have to agree w/ OP. Times have changed (fast) in the last 12 mos since the RS and GT3 came out, and unless you're living under a rock, its clear there's less money out there and less eagerness to spend it at all levels. So aside from the first couple of cars in being sold to the "must-have-first-money-no-object" crowd (now slightly thinning) for premiums, MSRP and MSRP off on GT2s is going to be order of the day.

I remember when the dot com boom was booming in 99/00/01 and I'd regularly pop into Bev Hills Porsche and see plain vanilla 996 TTs going for $20k++ over invoice in 2000 when they first came out.
Cut to maybe 12 mos later when the bottom dropped out of the market and it was all doom and gloom and I picked up a brand new $100k sticker 996 C4 for $10k off.

Times are a changing...

Quick Reply: Smart money!