Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

TPMS sensor part number

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 05:24 PM
daytonaviolet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tar6day
How can I get a PET picture of the 997 GT3/RS back seat carpet that would have the roll cage run thru it on the "upper deck" area right below where tha RS logo is?

Thanks
i've never seen an RS specific PET files online. but you can find all other porsche related PET files here the ones that begin with en.* are in english.

http://www.karrera.nl/catalogs/
Old 03-31-2008, 05:43 PM
tar6day
Addict
Rennlist Member

thanks
Old 01-01-2009, 02:02 PM
karrera
3rd Gear

FYI,

The GT3 RS is covered in the GT3 catalog, any RS specific parts will have M004 in the right column in the parts listing.

Cheers,

Brian
Old 01-02-2009, 11:22 PM
elfer4s
Rennlist Member

For those running CCW wheels, did you buy another set of TPMS sensors? If you don't have sensors in your wheels, does the computer go crazy or does it realize they are not there and just give a warning?

I've just bought another set of OEM sensors for my CCW track wheels. The computer didn't "go crazy" when I drove without them, but the ongoing message of "no readings possible" was irratating. Was the system unable to report something which was of real concern?
Old 01-03-2009, 04:39 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by elfer4s
For those running CCW wheels, did you buy another set of TPMS sensors? If you don't have sensors in your wheels, does the computer go crazy or does it realize they are not there and just give a warning?

I've just bought another set of OEM sensors for my CCW track wheels. The computer didn't "go crazy" when I drove without them, but the ongoing message of "no readings possible" was irratating. Was the system unable to report something which was of real concern?

I bought sensors for my CCW's also. I hate the way the error is handled. To me, if it can not read a single signal, then it should be pretty obvious that no sensors are present. Why not simply put an "E" at each of the four locations on the dash diagram? They could even make them in red for all I care.

It should be smart enough to warn one time and let the driver go through the computer and acknowledge the error. Maybe add an option that there are no sensors and the driver is aware of this and selects it.

But I guess it is the law that they have TPMS on all cars. I actually do not mind having it, but would like the option to turn it off temporarily for when I have track wheels on the car. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Quick Reply: TPMS sensor part number