Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2nd RMS Leak in 300 miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:15 PM
flankenspeil
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys shouldequest to have your seals replaced with 993 part. it will solve any rms issues
Old 03-05-2008, 11:40 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Mine has to go back also. But, hopefully with the "new" seal, it will work this time.
Roger take Alex's parts list with you above. Don't assume they have the new bulletin until they tell you what the plan is. I still have not heard anything yet. Porsche will dictate what parts are put in the car, so asking for a different fix from an older car will not fly unless you want to pay for it and not hold them to it.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:50 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by todinlaw
Roger take Alex's parts list with you above. Don't assume they have the new bulletin until they tell you what the plan is. I still have not heard anything yet. Porsche will dictate what parts are put in the car, so asking for a different fix from an older car will not fly unless you want to pay for it and not hold them to it.
Will do..thanks Frank..thanks Alex.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 03-11-2008, 10:13 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Ok heads up, I received a call today from the dealer on my RMS leak. apparently the most recent fix provided by Porsche has been recalled so to speak. The parts that they were shipping for repair apparently did not get the job done. (this explains why I am going back after only 300 miles since the last fix) They are redesigning the repair so It may be a month or more before they have the parts to fix my RMS. So it sounds as if the repair is still a work in progress. Anyone confronting an RMS might want to hold off and make sure you get the latest and greatest. I will repost when I get called back in.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:27 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

hey frank thanks for the update.. just as James said, that 997 seal POS teflon crap won't do the job. We're doing fine on the 996GT3 one with about 2K miles on...
Old 03-11-2008, 11:06 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Ok heads up, I received a call today from the dealer on my RMS leak. apparently the most recent fix provided by Porsche has been recalled so to speak. The parts that they were shipping for repair apparently did not get the job done. (this explains why I am going back after only 300 miles since the last fix) They are redesigning the repair so It may be a month or more before they have the parts to fix my RMS. So it sounds as if the repair is still a work in progress. Anyone confronting an RMS might want to hold off and make sure you get the latest and greatest. I will repost when I get called back in.
Crap! I was due to take mine in tomorrow. Would you mind sharing the name of your dealer with me Frank? I don't want to pull the engine again unless this is a good fix. Thanks. Roger
Old 03-11-2008, 11:52 PM
gt3_002
Rennlist Member

My 996 GT3 had it's 3rd RMS fix last week and my car was out of warranty. They repaired it out of good faith, what I was told is that the new fix now has a splash guard washer. I did speak to a lemon law lawyer and he was confident that he could get PCNA to buy the car back...
Old 03-12-2008, 05:00 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 237 Likes on 135 Posts

Crap! I was due to take mine in tomorrow. Would you mind sharing the name of your dealer with me Frank? I don't want to pull the engine again unless this is a good fix. Thanks. Roger
You make a good point about pulling the engine. After my 3rd engine pull I started to get rattles toward the rear. Dealer wanted to start taking apart the interior to trouble shoot the problem. Said I would have to leave the car another 3-5 days. That's when I got fed up with the whole thing and sold the car.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:26 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Roger sorry for the late response PM sent today
Old 03-17-2008, 05:58 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Roger sorry for the late response PM sent today
Took mine in today...I think they have the latest and greatest which includes a spacer to relieve the pressure. Just got it in. My peops will be calling your peops.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:57 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Took mine in today...I think they have the latest and greatest which includes a spacer to relieve the pressure. Just got it in. My peops will be calling your peops.
Sweet Roger, You are going to be my Ginnie pig, I am going to wait about a month before I get mine done. So I am going follow up with you. How long will it take you to log say 500 miles? By the way i was going to be coming down to HH this weekend coming and was going to look u up, but unsure now if I am going to do it. My Dog just was diagnosed with cancer and my have to deal with that. He's my GT3 official mascot.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:20 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sweet Roger, You are going to be my Ginnie pig, I am going to wait about a month before I get mine done. So I am going follow up with you. How long will it take you to log say 500 miles? By the way i was going to be coming down to HH this weekend coming and was going to look u up, but unsure now if I am going to do it. My Dog just was diagnosed with cancer and my have to deal with that. He's my GT3 official mascot.
I'll keep you informed. The first time I did the RMS, it didn't take very long for it to leak again. 500 miles....if I track, then 2 weekends. I don't drive it on the street that much.

Let me know when you get in the area. Are you bringing the 3? If so, might could coordinate a track day or two...RRR is very close to HH, as you probably know. Sorry to hear about your dog...hopefully he or she will be ok.

Quick Reply: 2nd RMS Leak in 300 miles