Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

High or Low?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 12:32 PM
zellamsee
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 36 Posts
Default High or Low?

Finally got the CF seats into my RS (will try to post some pics later) and they look great. There are two settings (i.e., high and low) and I selected the higher setting. But I am now wondering if I made a mistake. On my first drive the seats didn't feel right (my upper back actually hurt), but perhaps I just need to play around with the steering wheel adjustment. I am curious to get input from those who have tried the two different settings. I am about 5' 9".

In order to move down to the lower setting I will need to remove the seats, which is a bummer. Then, I understand the screws leave marks (silver rings) on the black anodized adaptors around the screw hole from the previous setting. Double bummer.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:20 PM
StickShift964
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

i need the larger version of your avatar.......sorry cant help you with the seats
Old 02-22-2008, 05:59 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

i am 5'-9" too.
i like to sit as low as i can, so your legs clear the bottom of steering wheel.

the marking on the sheel is not going to be very noticeable, dont worry.

if the marking bothers you. i be happy to take it off your hands at a discount

ok, really. it wont be too noticeable b/c all the brackets there. when the seat is out of the car by itself, you will see the markings.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Doug23
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can use a Sharpie Permanent Black Marker to cover up the silver rings where the paint in scraped away. Had the same thing happen to mine and once you go over it with the marker it's no longer noticeable.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:15 PM
zellamsee
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys. Doug23, do you prefer the lower setting as well?
Old 02-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Doug23
Rennlist Member

I like the lower setting better.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:26 PM
zellamsee
Burning Brakes

Thanks. Tried again, I think lower is probably better. Bummer.

Here are a couple of photos.

Last edited by zellamsee; 01-07-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:10 AM
BKSPN33
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may be a strange question, but why did you want the CF seats if you aren't tracking it (didn't see harnesses)? Just wondering.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:45 PM
zellamsee
Burning Brakes

Car will be tracked; harness to come later; wanted to try seats first
Old 02-25-2008, 04:48 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you get your butt into those seats with the seat-belt receiver coming through the hole?? I had to leave mine on the outside of the seat and it works great like that and does not get in the way of the harness belt that way.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:32 PM
zellamsee
Burning Brakes

It is really no problem . . . in fact, I think this is how non-US RSs are delivered by the factory.

B/t/w, I am told that there are only a few factory RS Rollbars in stock at PCNA and that once gone they are gone.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:46 PM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by BKSPN33
This may be a strange question, but why did you want the CF seats if you aren't tracking it (didn't see harnesses)? Just wondering.
Why does the car have to be tracked if you get this seats? I would buy them in a heartbeat if my *** would fit in them and I don't track my car. This car can get all the help possible to lose weight. I also plan on getting some light weight wheels, maybe the CCW C-14's for the street.

Some think that if you are not going to track the car then you might as well get a C2S; I find the difference between the C2S and the GT3 to be night and day, even on the street; same goes for the turbo and GT3; I much prefer the GT3 in any kind of driving situation. And if I can strip 200 lbs off the car, then by golly I will do it; even for street driving.

If the 997 GT3 did not exist, I would be back in an Exige S immediately, and would not even consider the other Porsche models. The GT3 (and maybe GT2, if I could afford one) are the only cars that stir my soul from Porsche. And adding some more "racey" parts not only can increase the performance, but also add to that race car type feeling. Even at 5 or 6/10ths, the GT3's superior characteristics can be felt, and what better way to take advantage of this than to drive it every single day.

Waiting to drive the car on the track 5 weekends a year (this is the most I could do based on my location and busy work schedule) is not worth it. If I want to go to the track and have some real fun, then I will go in a shifter kart, which I can do inexpensively, and right here in town on a fairly decent track. The performance of serious karts on the track are much more impressive, and fun, and not nearly as threatening to my wallet (parts and hitting a wall), IMHO.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:56 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by leif997
How do you get your butt into those seats with the seat-belt receiver coming through the hole?? I had to leave mine on the outside of the seat and it works great like that and does not get in the way of the harness belt that way.
zellamsee is thin build so the belts work better through the seat holes. that's how i run my as well.

340 elise: dont run C14 on street. it doesn't have center cap and doesn't look good for street car. if you want CCW for street, try C10, it's has center cap and lighter than C14.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:01 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 340Elise
Why does the car have to be tracked if you get this seats? .
Stock seats are much more comfy....why move to a less comfortable seat if you don't need the safety aspect?

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 02-26-2008, 06:02 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leif997
+1 Hans
I'll bet it will be removed once anyone tries to put harnesses through.

Quick Reply: High or Low?