Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008 | 07:15 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by carrering
I want a sharky bypass with a quick release and swap with a laguna seca spec super quiet muffler. make one of those alex! that would be cheaper for me than buying a 996 gt3 just for that track.
hey carrering, heh.. we looked at something for the laguna guys but as mooty said even when he had turn downs it just doesn't even work on a stock car to get you through. The only other way would be to "rob" HP
Old 02-04-2008 | 07:19 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 340Elise
Sharky's muffler delete is the best mod I have done to date on my GT3, and at a very fair price too IMO.

I also have his LWFW kit and will be doing that very soon.

Gooooooooooooooo Shark Werks!!!
I sit here smilling It's so good to hear and thanks again for all the kind support. Wait till you hear it with that LWF in there...
Old 02-04-2008 | 07:22 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Got me thinkin too Paul. Hope the back was ok for the install...???
Rog, it's not hard to do and James/I wrote up some instructions which are included in the kit. Plan on maybe 2.5-3 hours... I've gotten good at it obviously but I remember James or I doing it the first few times
Old 02-05-2008 | 01:12 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jack
Paul,

This is old news -- I told you about this mod months ago. What took you so long!

In case some missed it in my original write-up -- the really interesting point is that getting rid of the rear "resonator" actually eliminates the stock car's inherent resonance... with or without the sport button depressed, there is no resonance.
Jack thank you sir... And it's funny you mentioned that unplugging does that. A few others up here have done that too and sure enough.
Old 02-05-2008 | 01:41 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Being a harmonic guy myself that was the thing that "sounded" right to me. I "noted" there was no
resonance with more frequency as I drove the car. It was like music to my ears. It felt good to get out of the time domain!!
Old 02-05-2008 | 03:06 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

there's a customer @ Ruf with a black gt3 who installed the sharky-bypass on his car and I heard it today for the first time...I like the cracking and popping sounds
Old 02-06-2008 | 12:35 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
there's a customer @ Ruf with a black gt3 who installed the sharky-bypass on his car and I heard it today for the first time...I like the cracking and popping sounds
Glad you like it and I know the owner of the car... New delivery if memory serves me right. Wayne@Ruf Center in Dallas has done a couple of them already and they've been great to work with. For Florida guys, Jesse @ Champion Motorsports sells them too.
Old 02-06-2008 | 01:08 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

yeah they were telling me that his car came straight from the port in a sealed container with no mileage, but he did euro delivery. strange. I'm getting the suspension, cage, seats, and harnesses all done soon...when I come up to oakland you should organize a get together to get a bunch of bay area porsche people to come out to a game if you're into that.
Old 02-06-2008 | 01:10 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sharkster
hey carrering, heh.. we looked at something for the laguna guys but as mooty said even when he had turn downs it just doesn't even work on a stock car to get you through. The only other way would be to "rob" HP
All I had on Saturday was the three inch home depot tumble dryer elbow ducts. I could pass with Sport off turning to the left side of the track as the camber allowed. At the top of 3rd gear works consistently. Above 5500 in 4th if I was prepared to hot shoe through T5, but couldn't get my act together on the day, so I got the meatball. Staying away from 4500 rpm was important.

I think the rear muff delete pipe and then a quick bolt-on replacement for the tips with a pair of supertrapps, internal discs to look clean and tidy with some elbows. I think I've discovered what works for me when other cars are not passing sound at Laguna is ... deleted ... patent pending ... : )
Old 02-09-2008 | 01:49 AM
CP
Race Director

when I come up to oakland you should organize a get together to get a bunch of bay area porsche people to come out to a game if you're into that.
C.J.

When you come to Oakland, I'll see if I can do something as a group. We still get freeby tickets even though we sold the team to Lew Wolfe and the Fishers. And to be honest, people do not clamor for Ranger tickets like they would when the Yankees, Red Sox, or Angles come to town, so I can get tickets more readily.

Note to self: get A's schedule on Monday.

CP
Old 02-09-2008 | 04:59 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

CP- I'd love to hang out. I don't think we travel there until may...
Old 02-09-2008 | 11:12 AM
CP
Race Director

CP- I'd love to hang out. I don't think we travel there until may...
C.J.

I'll check the schedule. I'll arrange for a welcome party for you during one of your trips here, ala ViperBob style BBQ. We are in the same division, you have a few visits for possibilities.

I'm looking forward to it.

CP

Quick Reply: Just did Sharky's bypass-OH MY!!!!