Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Just did Sharky's bypass-OH MY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 02:49 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Just did Sharky's bypass-OH MY!!!!

It was alittle more than I thought but pretty straight forward and simple to do.
I was kinda dissapointed in the effort it took, but then my wife reminded me I was in a bad mood and quit being a wuss. So after I did the mod I sat down
and thought about it and it was an easy job and can be handled by anyone who has decent mechanical skills. It took about 45 minutes to put the whole car back together once the pipe was installed. I will have a write up and pics later.
Its a perfect job for 2 guys and some beer, and I did the tear down myself and had help on putting the car back together.
I recommend 2 people for both parts and it will be a easy task. Two guys beer and BS- 3hours max.

BUT OH MY!!! I have been convinced since I bought my GT3 that you could not improve on the sound. THis is the best stock exhaust I have ever heard. I have the sport plug unplugged but put it back on for this test. I started the 3 up after all the exhaust hardware was re installed an even just sitting in the paddock.....er..... garage it sounded wonderful.
After I buttoned up the whole car I took it out onto a street with brick walls on both sides put my windows down. This was at 10PM. My first reaction was silly laughter on how good it sounded. My second reaction was I was in a Cup car at Long beach. My third reaction was I felt sorry for the neighbors!!! it a good kind of way..... if they are racing fans.

I was at GMG Racing a couple weeks ago and it sounds very similar to Fabryces setup sitting still. I havent heard the GMG unit screaming down the track, only in the garage.
What amazed me with the Sharkwerks unit was quiet it was in normal mode. It almost sounds stock and there is no drone or resonance. Just Sweet music. When you open it up and over 4k RPMs its just freaking KEWL! On deceleration
it burbles and pops just like the Cups I have heard on the track.
Again I was certain there was no way to improve the stock sound but this is a VERY generous leap in improved sound and very much a worthwhile mod. I havent had time to do any serious runs or go to the track obviously, but it felt like there was a bit more snap, but that could have just been me laughing and enjoying myself so much. I dont trust my butt dyno.
Great product!
Old 02-03-2008, 03:16 AM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good write-up Paul...glad you like the Shark's bite...
Old 02-03-2008, 03:28 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks Chuck this is an outta control mod!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 03:29 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Oldguy,
Are you planning to get the GIAC tune?
Old 02-03-2008, 05:01 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I dont know I have to talk to Sharky.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:21 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

OldGuy +1...this is the best mod I have done in a long time!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:14 AM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All you guys raving about Sharky's exhaust now has me thinking...Ummmm!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:46 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,688 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Paul

what did I tell. Alex us legit and his products are excellent
Old 02-03-2008, 01:31 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
It was alittle more than I thought but pretty straight forward and simple to do.
I was kinda dissapointed in the effort it took, but then my wife reminded me I was in a bad mood and quit being a wuss. So after I did the mod I sat down
and thought about it and it was an easy job and can be handled by anyone who has decent mechanical skills. It took about 45 minutes to put the whole car back together once the pipe was installed. I will have a write up and pics later.
Its a perfect job for 2 guys and some beer, and I did the tear down myself and had help on putting the car back together.
I recommend 2 people for both parts and it will be a easy task. Two guys beer and BS- 3hours max.

BUT OH MY!!! I have been convinced since I bought my GT3 that you could not improve on the sound. THis is the best stock exhaust I have ever heard. I have the sport plug unplugged but put it back on for this test. I started the 3 up after all the exhaust hardware was re installed an even just sitting in the paddock.....er..... garage it sounded wonderful.
After I buttoned up the whole car I took it out onto a street with brick walls on both sides put my windows down. This was at 10PM. My first reaction was silly laughter on how good it sounded. My second reaction was I was in a Cup car at Long beach. My third reaction was I felt sorry for the neighbors!!! it a good kind of way..... if they are racing fans.

I was at GMG Racing a couple weeks ago and it sounds very similar to Fabryces setup sitting still. I havent heard the GMG unit screaming down the track, only in the garage.
What amazed me with the Sharkwerks unit was quiet it was in normal mode. It almost sounds stock and there is no drone or resonance. Just Sweet music. When you open it up and over 4k RPMs its just freaking KEWL! On deceleration
it burbles and pops just like the Cups I have heard on the track.
Again I was certain there was no way to improve the stock sound but this is a VERY generous leap in improved sound and very much a worthwhile mod. I havent had time to do any serious runs or go to the track obviously, but it felt like there was a bit more snap, but that could have just been me laughing and enjoying myself so much. I dont trust my butt dyno.
Great product!
Hey Paul, thanks ever so much for the kind words. Just got your Email on the bumper and seems like you figured it out etc... It's really neat to hear the "silly laughter" part We tried to make sure the switch still functioned as a real "on" or "off" button rather than just loud and very loud. We've got wives and neighbors to think of- some us (not you Fred).
Hope your back gets better. I had some issues last year with mine to the point where I could barely stand up for a month or so...

PS James made me remove the part about the "beer and two people" in the instructions tho Funny you mentioned that. He says no drinking on the job
Old 02-03-2008, 01:33 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I dont know I have to talk to Sharky.
Hey Paul, I think we should arrange that for you I need to spend some more time with cars here since it was done for the RS quite a bit before the 3 so once I've played around with it here some more.... Going down to visit our friends at GIAC at towards the end of Feb (20-22nd) so maybe we can meet there (in Irvine). HRE is having an open house as well
Old 02-03-2008, 01:37 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
good write-up Paul...glad you like the Shark's bite...
LOL good one Chuck. F-l-y-w-h-e-e-l... Cough!

PS Last night I came home and went into the kitchen and found a set of silicone "shark" oven mitts/gloves that my wife got. I tell you it never ends when you like sharks!
Old 02-03-2008, 01:54 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Sharky I can meet you down there for the weekend and you can use my car for some more data
and if you would show us to HRE that would be really kool.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:01 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sharky I can meet you down there for the weekend and you can use my car for some more data
and if you would show us to HRE that would be really kool.
Paul that's a "date" lol.. We can go window shopping and you can check out HRE's facility on that Saturday since their have a shindig.. I'll be down there in the RS for a special project
Old 02-03-2008, 04:31 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow. That GT3 mod sounds wicked. Great work. Those videos are outstanding, too. Very well done.

I miss the Bay Area. That street video with Kermit looks like it was filmed in the area around North First south of 237 in SJ. Boy, being snowed in makes me home sick. Think I'll watch that again.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:47 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
Wow. That GT3 mod sounds wicked. Great work. Those videos are outstanding, too. Very well done.

I miss the Bay Area. That street video with Kermit looks like it was filmed in the area around North First south of 237 in SJ. Boy, being snowed in makes me home sick. Think I'll watch that again.
Cheers very much JohnnBahamas..... The wife did the video

It's actually in an industrial zone in Fremon with a dead end. We arranged to use it over the weekend when nobody is working there or using the area and the other end cordened off for safety

Quick Reply: Just did Sharky's bypass-OH MY!!!!