Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 02:36 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink ...

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
You start at the bottom....
Will this work; pay even higher markup and take any car from Mr. #2, 3, 4,...
Of course Mr. #1 can have his.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:02 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
We **** people over all the time and get away with it. We also **** people over who do their due diligence. You are all wrong.
I edited your post to make it more succinct.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:32 PM
rop3
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 6 Posts

All I can say is it worked for me in NJ consumer fraud is trebel damages. PCNA did say they could not dictate to the dealer but it would be frowned upon by both PCA & PCNA. My standing order was pulled, with the help of PCNA & the law it was given back instantly.

In consumer fraud cases especailly when we are talking car dealers the laws are in favor of the consumer and atty fees are no cost so it's a win/win

Originally Posted by pole position
I explained that some time ago in detail.................lets just say that I have real world experience over twenty years at various high end factory authorized (incl P and F car) dealerships, some of them were / are ranked in the top three nationwide as far as volume is concerned, so no mouse houses selling a handful of cars.

I was personally involved when a customer was denied a ordered car with deposit, vin and pro forma and it was sold to someone else not in line...after it finally reached a courtroom the jury did not side with him. Fact not fiction. PCNA will ALWAYS side with the dealer when push comes to shove. A dealership can do as they please once the vehicle is in their hands, lol, no verification by PCNA who is next in line on some dealers list. Newsflash : once its invoiced( actually done before it hits the dealership ) aka paid it is solely at the dealerships discretion who to sell to or not.

The dealer can return a deposit at will and take you off a allocation or orderbank, done all the time with speculative cars, I have done it and heard a lot of noise about " lawsuit" after deposits were returned but that was the end of it, all talk no action, wonder why.

You seem to think that you have everything down pretty good, ok, then it should not be a problem with all your "paperwork". You also must be higher up than the current Governer of CA, afterall , FCNA told him to go pound sand when he tried to muscle them for something similar.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:34 PM
djb_rh
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You start at the bottom. You buy Caymans, Boxsters, non-GT 911s, other brands if necessary, and work your way up. You get to know the guys in sales, service, and parts. You get to be the kind of guy who the dealership wants to sell cars to because they know you're going to be nothing but great PR for the dealership.

Nobody said this would be an easy or inexpensive proposition
I had purchased three cars in two years from them at an average price of something like $80k (and this was over a period that ended over five years ago, so that average is pretty damned high) with each purchase significantly more than the last. To totally hose me on number four is pretty bad business on their part, IMHO. I'm not sure I should have had to buy a bunch of other cars just to get the privilege of having them *NOT* lie to me and screw me on a $440k sale.

But maybe it's just me.

--Donnie
Old 01-19-2008, 10:43 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You start at the bottom. You buy Caymans, Boxsters, non-GT 911s, other brands if necessary, and work your way up. You get to know the guys in sales, service, and parts. You get to be the kind of guy who the dealership wants to sell cars to because they know you're going to be nothing but great PR for the dealership.

Nobody said this would be an easy or inexpensive proposition
Exactly!
Old 01-19-2008, 11:54 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

The coming recession will fix everything.. until the Dealers forget again.

I know some Dealers I will never be buying cars from again.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:07 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WHB Porsche
I edited your post to make it more succinct.
You should, in no particular order,

Hug a tree

Save the whales and those poor Polar Bears

Lobby for free Birkenstocks and Granola dispensers at each trailhead

Stop global warming

Sing cha cha cha with Rosie O'Donnel and Michael Moore

Read Karl Marx

Give the other cheek to the Mid east if they are upset with you

Replace those two pathetic Dem impersonater presidential hopefuls with yourself.,
Old 01-20-2008, 08:57 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

i hate the "R" word
Old 01-20-2008, 11:51 AM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by djb_rh
screw me on a $440k sale.
Did you not want a CGT when, at the end of the production run, new examples were easy to find for under sticker? I'm sure your dealer - or any dealer for that matter - would've been glad to work with you at that point.

That would've been a good way to curry favor with the dealer; I remember reading somewhere that the more CGTs a dealer sold, the more allocation they'd get for more GTx 911 variants.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:42 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Question ...

Originally Posted by Colm
The coming recession will fix everything...
Is that true that the luxury-goods sector will not be that much affected by a recession.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Colm
The coming recession will fix everything.. until the Dealers forget again.

I know some Dealers I will never be buying cars from again.
ah yes,

those who are long cash are going to be having fun bottom fishing. i myself am targeting a 612 scag in the 120-140's, and maybe another strad same range.

this Recession is going to be a deep long buying chance, and a terrible selling environment for toyz, and it will be LOVELY to have those a.sh.le dealers begging for biz
Old 01-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by YellowDragon
I got this E-mail from my local dealer,

Dated Jan. 11, 2008

'You can still change the options on the GT3, if you are seriously interested I hope we can find time to meet at the dealership. We are asking $25,000 over MSRP. It is the last GT3 at our dealership that most Porsche dealers do not have an allocation for. You may get this GT3 with your choice of color, options, and etc. Please let me know if you would like to make an appointment. Thank you.'

The sales advisor is a patient of mine and he's honest. Anyone interested shoot me an Email for details.
$25 grand over sticker? lmao!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 06:45 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
Is that true that the luxury-goods sector will not be that much affected by a recession.
Hate to be Dr. Gloom but it's shaping up as very ugly out there. Almost every asset class is being affected, investment returns are likely to be dismal, and with job losses on the rise financial insecurity is becoming prevalent. I hope a deep recession can be avoided. But I will tell you this...I haven't seen conditions this bad in the whole financial services industry in the 25+ years I've been in the business. And what happens on Wall Street today, happens on Main Street soon thereafter. It's Effin' UGLY!
Old 01-20-2008, 07:13 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,373 Likes on 635 Posts

there are different kinds of luxury goods- the ones that people can barely afford and ones that people don't want to live without. there are also different kinds of consumers- those whose spending is affected by their income and those whose income and assets let them spend whatever they want...

if people are scrounging for cars, they're probably gonna be the ones that have to sell. I'm just glad to be in the (non-hollywood entertainment industry) secure type of job that allows me an RS.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 284 Posts

I have seen several cars for 10K over in the past 2 weeks

Had a dealer offer me his last inbound car (08), RS orange paint at $17.5K over. What a deal! About laughed at him.

In the market for an MSRP (or just above) car is anyone has any sighting.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Where are GT3 Allocations