Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Where are GT3 Allocations

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 12:39 PM
jjprusk
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where are GT3 Allocations

I am considering ordering a GT3 and was wondering if anyone had insight into what dealer might have allocations (2009 would be fine). My local dealer in Seattle never seems to be able to get any, so I was wondering if there was anything available elsewhere in the U.S.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:17 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Gone and there is no new allocations yet for 09 or 10
Old 01-17-2008, 01:23 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

if you're really interested you should tell your dealer to start a list for the next generation one, whenever that will be. that's the best way to get yours first. if they're lame about it, call the next closest dealer and so forth. I can assure you that other dealers are already taking deposits on 2010 cars...they'll take a 1000 check and put you first on the list- but make sure you talk to the sales guy AND the manager in case one of them pack up and change jobs.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:09 PM
seefouress
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

CJ. Do you have specifics about dealers who are taking reservations? I spoke with Hendrick's in Charlotte NC yesterday and they advised that they could not take deposits on cars that had not yet been annnouned by Porsche.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:53 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

they can if they want to- and tell the sales guy that he should do so. any dealer can take deposits- you write out a color, and the date that you're "signing up" and a small deposit fee. if you have a good relationship with the guy then you're really doing him a favor.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:53 PM
naparsei
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Some dealers will take a deposit, any deposit. If I mailed a check to my dealer and told them to put in line for a GT4, if Porsche ever made one, their reply would be.

"Yes, sir, I've got you down for the GT4. In fact, you're first on the list. We'll give you a call when we get an allocation from Porsche."
Old 01-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look in the new Pano at the 997 GT3s for sale - 7 cars! I guess it's drive it a little and cash in. I never thought of buying this car for that purpose but to each his own.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:22 PM
daytonaviolet
Racer

does it have to be a gt3? a local dealer from me called me yesterday... asking if i wanted an 08 RS allocation. with markup of course.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:03 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by daytonaviolet
does it have to be a gt3? a local dealer from me called me yesterday... asking if i wanted an 08 RS allocation. with markup of course.
What do you mean by an allocation on an '08 RS? Are you saying that your local dealer has an RS available that has not yet been built?

I thought they ended production by 31 December 2007 ????

I can see a car that was built at the end of December not getting shipped until January and coming in to the dealer here in the U.S. as late as early February; but still having an allocation means, to me anyway, that the car has not been built yet. It may or may not be changeable in terms of options, but it has not yet gone into production.

I guess they could lie to us; they may have done this before.

I know that Lotus never lies about anything...
Old 01-17-2008, 11:06 PM
daytonaviolet
Racer

Originally Posted by 340Elise
What do you mean by an allocation on an '08 RS? Are you saying that your local dealer has an RS available that has not yet been built?

I thought they ended production by 31 December 2007 ????

I can see a car that was built at the end of December not getting shipped until January and coming in to the dealer here in the U.S. as late as early February; but still having an allocation means, to me anyway, that the car has not been built yet. It may or may not be changeable in terms of options, but it has not yet gone into production.

I guess they could lie to us; they may have done this before.

I know that Lotus never lies about anything...

thats exactly what i thought. but no.. my local dealer assured me that this is there last 08 allocation and the buyer backed out. its 100% still spec'able. basicly its already spec'd, but he claims it can still be changed up to a certain date. if i was capable of dumpingn $40k on markup.. i wouldnt do it. but thats the range they are asking.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:39 AM
YellowDragon
Advanced

Originally Posted by daytonaviolet
thats exactly what i thought. but no.. my local dealer assured me that this is there last 08 allocation and the buyer backed out. its 100% still spec'able. basicly its already spec'd, but he claims it can still be changed up to a certain date. if i was capable of dumpingn $40k on markup.. i wouldnt do it. but thats the range they are asking.
I got this E-mail from my local dealer,

Dated Jan. 11, 2008

'You can still change the options on the GT3, if you are seriously interested I hope we can find time to meet at the dealership. We are asking $25,000 over MSRP. It is the last GT3 at our dealership that most Porsche dealers do not have an allocation for. You may get this GT3 with your choice of color, options, and etc. Please let me know if you would like to make an appointment. Thank you.'

The sales advisor is a patient of mine and he's honest. Anyone interested shoot me an Email for details.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:12 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowDragon
I got this E-mail from my local dealer,

Dated Jan. 11, 2008

'You can still change the options on the GT3, if you are seriously interested I hope we can find time to meet at the dealership. We are asking $25,000 over MSRP. It is the last GT3 at our dealership that most Porsche dealers do not have an allocation for. You may get this GT3 with your choice of color, options, and etc. Please let me know if you would like to make an appointment. Thank you.'

The sales advisor is a patient of mine and he's honest. Anyone interested shoot me an Email for details.
McKenna or Rusnak?
Old 01-18-2008, 03:23 AM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

If you decide to get on a wait list for a future model. It is KEY that they document your ranking on the deposit list.

Believe me when I tell you most pepole don't do it. If the car is in heavy demand or is ultra exclusive it will be sold to someone else in most cases if there is a window commanding over MSRP, there are politics involved. I have been through it with Porsche & BMW. Just browse thru the threads for early RS deposits and you will see, regardless of whether you are dealing with a manager/salesman/owner. When a car can command 25-40k over list notinh else really matters. If you get the following on your deposit contract you will be safe.

Price of car ex: MSRP, market etc.

Model designation

Ranking or order of deposit:

In my case the clause was production/availability to the dealer.

Originally Posted by seefouress
CJ. Do you have specifics about dealers who are taking reservations? I spoke with Hendrick's in Charlotte NC yesterday and they advised that they could not take deposits on cars that had not yet been annnouned by Porsche.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:48 AM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

Just curious why any dealer would agree to this now that they've gotten a taste of the windfalls that can be had at "market price"...

Originally Posted by rop3
If you get the following on your deposit contract you will be safe.

Model designation

Old 01-18-2008, 04:28 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rop3
If you decide to get on a wait list for a future model. It is KEY that they document your ranking on the deposit list.

Believe me when I tell you most pepole don't do it. If the car is in heavy demand or is ultra exclusive it will be sold to someone else in most cases if there is a window commanding over MSRP, there are politics involved. I have been through it with Porsche & BMW. Just browse thru the threads for early RS deposits and you will see, regardless of whether you are dealing with a manager/salesman/owner. When a car can command 25-40k over list notinh else really matters. If you get the following on your deposit contract you will be safe.

Model designation

No, lol, you are not safe, not even close...................

Quick Reply: Where are GT3 Allocations