Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Need Help next Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007 | 07:01 PM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I don't really think CGT prices are going to come back down, just pick a color and get one.

zico- are they really making the gt1?

by then I might be able to afford something like that (LOL)
I bet you will, you lucky bastard

Quoting autocar:
"Porsche is poised to burst Bugatti’s bubble when it rolls out the fastest road car in the world in 2009 — and Autocar magazine has revealed how it expects it to look.

This radical supercar is expected to be dubbed GT1, and will be a 950hp, road-legal version of Porsche’s future Le Mans challenger. According to insiders, the target top speed is 254mph — a crucial 2mph faster than the claimed top speed of the 987hp Bugatti Veyron.

The core of the new car is the Carrera GT’s carbon fiber chassis, fitted with modified nose and tail structures. The interior is also based closely on the Carrera’s distinctive dashboard and center console.

Autocar’s exclusive illustration is drawn entirely from leaked official technical drawings of the car. Sources have also revealed that full-bore 950hp engines are under test, as well as work on weight distribution and aerodynamics, both of which will differ from the competition versions of the car.

One thing that’s not clear at this stage is how the massive slug of power will be delivered. One suggestion is that it would have to come from a turbocharged version of the Carrera GT’s V10 engine. However, other motorsport sources say it will be powered by an enlarged, twin-turbo, 5.5-liter version of the Cayenne’s V8.

In fact, Porsche is already racing a 600hp, normally aspirated V8 engine in the American Le Mans series with the Penske-prepared RS Spyder, and it’s expected to be adopted by Porsche’s own European Le Mans racer. However, Le Mans racers will switch to the closed-coupe format from 2010.
"
-Hilton Holloway /Autocar

Last edited by zicoramone; 12-27-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-27-2007 | 07:19 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

CGT

The Ferrari is nice but the CGT is in another league.
Old 12-27-2007 | 08:56 PM
CP
Race Director

Joe,

I know you have the 997 GT3 already. If I was going for one car, I'd get this:
http://www.rufautocenter.com/newcars/RUF_RGT.asp

The RGT marries the 997GT3 (on steroids) with the body armor of the 993GT2. I saw it in person in Pfaffenhausen in September and it just blew me away. What a stunning car.

You have an incredible collection, enjoy in great health.

CP
Old 12-27-2007 | 10:12 PM
RS 197
Pro

Originally Posted by CP
Joe,

I know you have the 997 GT3 already. If I was going for one car, I'd get this:
http://www.rufautocenter.com/newcars/RUF_RGT.asp

The RGT marries the 997GT3 (on steroids) with the body armor of the 993GT2. I saw it in person in Pfaffenhausen in September and it just blew me away. What a stunning car.

You have an incredible collection, enjoy in great health.

CP
thanks for the link.. What a ride. Never thought of it. Nothing like Rennlisters to get you head spinning....I love it.
Old 12-28-2007 | 12:25 AM
Rob Wolford
Rennlist Member

Joe,

The answer is so obvious that it is basically staring you in the face:

GET A 996GT2!!!!!

They are dirt cheap right now and they fit with your demonstrated preference for low-production, factory hot-rod Porsches. As you know, I took it up the *** getting off of my Ruf, but a GT2 will always be a GT2. That is to say, nothing will ever change the fact that it is a pedigreed, limited production Porsche. At the current prices, you can own one for a few years and then get out relatively unscathed if you want to try something else at some point. Best of all, it would be an awesome bookend to your 997GT3!

Lastly, there is an easy extra 100hp waiting to be unleashed with a few simple mods. Get your *** down here to drive mine. In the interim, here's a pic to tide you over!!!!
Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2007 | 12:27 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Originally Posted by Rob Wolford
Joe,

GET A 996GT2!!!!!

They are dirt cheap right now and they fit with your demonstrated preference for low-production, factory hot-rod Porsches. As you know, I took it up the *** getting off of my Ruf, but a GT2 will always be a GT2. That is to say, nothing will ever change the fact that it is a pedigreed, limited production Porsche. At the current prices, you can own one for a few years and then get out relatively unscathed if you want to try something else at some point. Best of all, it would be an awesome bookend to your 997GT3!

Lastly, there is an easy extra 100hp waiting to be unleashed with a few simple mods. Get your *** down here to drive mine. In the interim, here's a pic to tide you over!!!!

He has a point.

BTW your red GT2 looks great.
Old 12-28-2007 | 12:30 AM
RS 197
Pro

Originally Posted by Rob Wolford
Joe,

GET A 996GT2!!!!!

I figured you would torture me with the GT2.... You are right. for the $$ the GT2 is the car to have...

Smith and I are going to try and get down there next month for a long weekend... You able to entertain a couple of Oregon boy's....

I would love a little seat time in the GT2..... It will be next. My mind is made up...

I am about 3 months away from pulling the trigger. Need to get the ground dried out in Oregon....
Old 12-28-2007 | 12:47 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

How about a 997 GT3 RS??
Old 12-28-2007 | 12:51 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RS 197
My mind is made up...
Not a bad pick. The 996 GT2 was/is underrated, and is a bargain considering its pedigree and performance.

Just make SURE the rotors are perfect before pulling the trigger.

pete
Old 12-28-2007 | 01:06 PM
RS 197
Pro

Originally Posted by excmag
Not a bad pick. The 996 GT2 was/is underrated, and is a bargain considering its pedigree and performance.

Just make SURE the rotors are perfect before pulling the trigger.

pete
Good point... Very expensive fix.

GT2 fits the profile...Tye search is on...

The weather is a little windy in Mexico, I have been researchinIg the CRT... I would love to get my hands on one.

Has anyone seen one for sale lately... I bet Ruff would know....

Happy New Year.
Old 12-29-2007 | 08:50 AM
RS man
Rennlist Member

If you don't mind a Green Bird then here you go:
http://www.911box.co.uk/vehicle-deta...=325669&popup=
Personally I think it's cool.

Harry
Old 12-29-2007 | 09:01 AM
richk
Drifting

Thought I would put in my 2 cents...I currently have the CGT, the GT3RS, and the 997TT.

If push came to shove and I could only keep one it would be the RS...I love everything about the car(only mod is the sharkwerks bypass)! The CGT is a supercar and driving it is nirvana but it makes me nervous driving a 400k car! I have spent almost 20k modding my 997TT but it is just too heavy to be a great handling car although the PSS10's, MPSC's, and a good alignment help a bunch.

I agree with Rob the 996GT2 is a great buy...

Not a huge fan of the F cars with the exception of the 599GTB...comfortable car with the Enzo motor!!!
Old 12-29-2007 | 11:52 AM
RS 197
Pro

Originally Posted by RS man
If you don't mind a Green Bird then here you go:
http://www.911box.co.uk/vehicle-deta...=325669&popup=
Personally I think it's cool.

Harry
Wow,

Anyone know this car... Are those seats RUF original...
Thanks for the link... It is sooo much $$ in U.S. dollars?

I may have to sell something to pull it off.
Old 12-29-2007 | 12:00 PM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Here is another one in red with higher mileage - was in a 911 magazine some time ago:

http://www.gmundcars.com/cars/671/rufctr.html

I don't know for sure about the seats on the Green Bird but CP on 993 form has a Ruf and his seats look similar to that one on the picture. If you buy the Yellow Bird do give me a ride in the passenger seat

Harry
Old 01-02-2008 | 06:27 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RS 197
Wow,

Anyone know this car... Are those seats RUF original...
Thanks for the link... It is sooo much $$ in U.S. dollars?

I may have to sell something to pull it off.
Car has been for sale fo-eva.

Never put anything past Ruf when it comes to interior trim, or anything for that matter. You'd have to ask Alois himself.

All that said, I love this car.

pete

Quick Reply: Need Help next Porsche