My 2008 GT3 Allocation Available

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 01:30 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993TurboS
My point is just this: what does it mean to have an "allocation" if I still have to negotiate the price? The dealer would be an idiot to not base the negotiated sale price on what the next guy in line would be willing to pay. I.e., unless the allocation comes with an MSRP agreement, it is nothing. There are plenlty of GT3/GT3RS still around that have not yet been driven. The market determines their prices, unless you happen to luck into a situation where the dealer is letting it go at MSRP for some reason.

If I go to my local dealer and see a GT3Rs on the lot at 40k over, and get him to say " okay, this car is yours at the market, 40k" and then I come to to rennlist and say "I have a GT3RS that I have a dealer agreeing to sell to me, but you can have it if you Pm me, but you have to deal with the dealer about the price", what have I done for anyone?
Originally Posted by leif997
tough crowd....hope everything works out for you...nice to give the RL'ers a heads up, regardless of the price....
I don't think anyone (not me) is trying to be tough, just realistic.

The point is that anyone can buy the car at market price, anytime. The initial post suggested, though with hindsight open to interpretation, that the RS was available to someone (at MSRP) who could replace the original poster (OP). The OP seemed to suggest that, through his intervention, he could have someone replace him (and his deal).

That obviously is not the case! If that make a tough crowd, so be it. To me, it more a case of an expectation being created; and that expectation could not be delivered upon.... that obviously wasn't the situation, hence the disappointment.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:42 AM
MFC996
Instructor

Originally Posted by Colm
I don't think anyone (not me) is trying to be tough, just realistic.

The point is that anyone can buy the car at market price, anytime. The initial post suggested, though with hindsight open to interpretation, that the RS was available to someone (at MSRP) who could replace the original poster (OP). The OP seemed to suggest that, through his intervention, he could have someone replace him (and his deal).

That obviously is not the case! If that make a tough crowd, so be it. To me, it more a case of an expectation being created; and that expectation could not be delivered upon.... that obviously wasn't the situation, hence the disappointment.
I think the expectation lies in the fact that you get to purchase the car whatever the price. There are essentially no GT3's out there not spoken for. If you want one this would be your opportunity.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:58 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MFC996
I think the expectation lies in the fact that you get to purchase the car whatever the price. There are essentially no GT3's out there not spoken for. If you want one this would be your opportunity.
Nope!

When you say allocation available, that is different than car available.

There are numerous opportunities to purchase cars "at market Price" from many "slime ball" dealers who have screwed their Customers.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:49 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Colm
Nope!

When you say allocation available, that is different than car available.

There are numerous opportunities to purchase cars "at market Price" from many "slime ball" dealers who have screwed their Customers.
I see your point....still feelin' bad for the guy who had to give it up for whatever reason...
Old 12-22-2007, 09:24 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Colm/993 turbo S,

even if there are lots of left over new 2008 gt3s available (which i really question, do you know of any?)....i thought that maybe some people would be looking for white specifically, minimal equipment, could find exactly the car the wanted, etc. This car is stickered at $110k

the value here (i thought) was in helping to find a car for someone that has been looking... i see posts all the time about people looking for 7-gt3s in rennlist, that cant find them

the irony here will be if the buyer (already have put someone in touch with the dealer) gets MSRP for the car... because for all i know, he might...that was indeed my arrangement, i am just not involved

i get absolutely nothing from any of this (other than disappointment about not getting my gt3), so why the tough posts? i dont mind good banter, but i just dont think that you are very factually correct when you suggest that there is no 'value', regardless of pricing, of finding an on-the-truck available new 08 GT3... are those just laying around as you suggest? if so, a million apologies and you are right about all this...
Old 12-22-2007, 10:46 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Colm/993 turbo S,
... the irony here will be if the buyer (already have put someone in touch with the dealer) gets MSRP for the car... because for all i know, he might...that was indeed my arrangement, i am just not involved..
If that was the arrangement, then there is "great" value in that, and many kudos to you.

However, subsequent statements, seemed to contradict this, and back away from any such intent. Hence the confusion among some of us. We saw an expectation (?) created that evolved into a Market car (?) What was really offered became the question?, which you answered above.

'Tis not the Season (or the place) to be to tough. So apologies it comes across that way.

In answer to your question, there are many "Market' cars out there, but there are few MSRP cars.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:09 AM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 132 Posts

Ageed. If the buyer gets MSRP, well done.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:46 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't have any issues with mrsullivan, the price is ultimately btwn the dealer and the new customer. He was merely giving up his spot on the front of the line.
FWIW, I was side by side with a 996gt3 and a gt3rs last night on the way home, quiet the site all three abreast...
Old 12-22-2007, 03:33 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

thanks guys, we'll see whether the dealer is going to honor the original pricing (MSRP) or whether this becomes a "market" car... my lesson learned that there are plenty of new 08s available to purchase at "market".... good for me, so that if/when timing works better for me, there may still be options!

happy holidays
Old 12-22-2007, 05:11 PM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

So no one has jumped on this opportunity? We still don't know the price.......?????
Old 12-22-2007, 08:24 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

I'll call on Monday if no one says anything by then.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:52 PM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

So......???
Old 12-24-2007, 09:40 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Oops. x-mas eve. I'll shoot for Mon.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:46 PM
BKSPN33
Advanced

It seemed to me that Jonathan had good intentions. I thought that certified dealers couldn't sell a new car for over msrp? I know that Hendrick Porsche can't and wouldn't. If someone buys a car and turns it back in, then all bets are off. Oh well, nice intent Jonathan.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:11 PM
daytonaviolet
Racer

hey guys,

first of all i would like to applaud Jonathan for his gratious offer to the community. by stepping down, he is basicly allowing another fellow enthusiast to purchase the car he spec'd out. his intentions is to have the dealer sell to the next person also at MSRP, but we all know that some dealers may or may not honor that request.

i know this first hand.. as i am patiently expecting the arrival of my 08 GT3. i will be the first to say, THANK YOU!!! Jonathan for allowing this to happen. shortly after he posted 12/20 that he was letting go his allocation i PM him and got his number. didnt here from him for a few days (busy with holidays i assume). then on the 12/26, he put me in contact with the dealer and sales guy. i called the dealer the following morning at 10am to my shock, the dealer wanted $10k markup for the car. i expressed my feelings to the sales people that i thought this car was going for MSRP. they stated that in fact... Johnathan had requested that appointed buyer should also get the car at MSRP. but.. they could not honor that. so, i declined the $10k markup.

shortly afterwards.. the dealer called me back and we both agreed that car is somewhat in high demand. they wanted $10k and i wanted MSRP. some how, we agreed on a number which i was comfortable with and so was the dealer. so the deal was $110k + $2500 markup. to me that was fine.. considering the dealer could of put the car on the open market and i didnt want to go into any bidding wars. basicly they gave me the option of $2500 to take it or it would go up for sale to the highest bidder.

the dealer guys work really fast. by sat morning i recieved the fedex package with all the forms and there request for the funds hopefully by today they recieved the package. i hoping to close out this deal this week and start preparing for shipping.

so, i almost got it at MSRP but.. just off by a bit. so in the end.. Jonathan really did do a great thing as i was in the market for several months. its very very difficult to find any allocation or new 08 in white. for the record, if i ever sell this car... i will be giving Jonathan a call. i promised him first dibbs on this car if and when i ever sell it.

thanks,
fernando

Last edited by daytonaviolet; 01-03-2008 at 02:40 AM.

Quick Reply: My 2008 GT3 Allocation Available