Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

My 2008 GT3 Allocation Available

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:30 AM
Hovsepian
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very gentleman of you to let it go without profit. Please email me your contact to discuss further...

daniel_hovsepian@hotmail.com

thanks!
Dan
Old 12-21-2007, 08:36 AM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jonathan:

I am not asking, but I hope that whatever is causing you to pass on the car works out OK. Good luck with it.

And you are a Mensch to let it go without profit (and I assume the dealer at MSRP). It is the right thing to do, and not many people would do it.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:36 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

thanks for all the kind words.

as for the dealer pricing, I cannot speak to that... between the new buyer and the dealer, I will not be involved... dont know whether MSRP or not
Old 12-21-2007, 11:04 AM
gripet
Advanced

Jonathan, good luck with your family issues, hope everything works out. The Porsches will still be here when you are back in the market. We are all pulling for you.

Tom
Old 12-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like dealer mark up to me.Very vage in that area.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:40 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

I misunderstood your original post. I thought the dealer had somehow agreed to let someone of your choosing buy your car at MSRP. I was not only amazed at your kindness but also the dealer's!

Now the story is only half as amazing.

But at least capitalism is safe!

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
as for the dealer pricing, I cannot speak to that... between the new buyer and the dealer, I will not be involved... dont know whether MSRP or not
Old 12-21-2007, 02:58 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
Sounds like dealer mark up to me.Very vage in that area.
Billy, all due respect, but I have been around here awhile and I am well known... I am not a dealer, broker, agent, affiliated with one, yada yada. Nothing vague here, I put a deposit down on this allocation and have decided to not buy the car... simple as that.

The car may be sold at MSRP, it may not, I just dont know....and have no intention in being involved in that part of this equation.

Sorry if there is any misunderstanding, this is about an allocation spot, not about me negotiating pricing for someone... come on, lets be reasonable here

Last edited by mrsullivan; 12-21-2007 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:18 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 132 Posts

I think the point is that an allocation without a price attached to it is not worth a lot, if anything. If it is market price (i.e., not MSRP), then who needs an allocation? I can find plenty of car at the market price.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:13 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 993TurboS
I think the point is that an allocation without a price attached to it is not worth a lot, if anything. If it is market price (i.e., not MSRP), then who needs an allocation? I can find plenty of car at the market price.
if true, ok... no skin off my back... just trying to do something nice for a rennlister... and was not aware that brand new untitled 08 cars were laying around, even at above MSRP (which for the last time, i am not even sure whether the dealer will charge more or not!)
Old 12-21-2007, 09:25 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
if true, ok... no skin off my back... just trying to do something nice for a rennlister... and was not aware that brand new untitled 08 cars were laying around, even at above MSRP (which for the last time, i am not even sure whether the dealer will charge more or not!)
Wow---tough crowd. I think giving up your slot was very cool. Good karma is sure to follow.
Mike
Old 12-21-2007, 09:38 PM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

It would be interesting to see if one of the posters who PM'ed you would tell us what the dealer is charging....
Old 12-21-2007, 10:39 PM
MFC996
Instructor

All kidding aside. Props to you MrSullivan. You are a good man. May you be blessed this holiday season. (And may I be blessed with a GT3 some time in the next year or so
Old 12-21-2007, 10:56 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 132 Posts

My point is just this: what does it mean to have an "allocation" if I still have to negotiate the price? The dealer would be an idiot to not base the negotiated sale price on what the next guy in line would be willing to pay. I.e., unless the allocation comes with an MSRP agreement, it is nothing. There are plenlty of GT3/GT3RS still around that have not yet been driven. The market determines their prices, unless you happen to luck into a situation where the dealer is letting it go at MSRP for some reason.

If I go to my local dealer and see a GT3Rs on the lot at 40k over, and get him to say " okay, this car is yours at the market, 40k" and then I come to to rennlist and say "I have a GT3RS that I have a dealer agreeing to sell to me, but you can have it if you Pm me, but you have to deal with the dealer about the price", what have I done for anyone?
Old 12-22-2007, 12:27 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993TurboS
My point is just this: what does it mean to have an "allocation" if I still have to negotiate the price? The dealer would be an idiot to not base the negotiated sale price on what the next guy in line would be willing to pay. I.e., unless the allocation comes with an MSRP agreement, it is nothing. There are plenlty of GT3/GT3RS still around that have not yet been driven. The market determines their prices, unless you happen to luck into a situation where the dealer is letting it go at MSRP for some reason.

If I go to my local dealer and see a GT3Rs on the lot at 40k over, and get him to say " okay, this car is yours at the market, 40k" and then I come to to rennlist and say "I have a GT3RS that I have a dealer agreeing to sell to me, but you can have it if you Pm me, but you have to deal with the dealer about the price", what have I done for anyone?
Exactly!
Old 12-22-2007, 12:59 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

tough crowd....hope everything works out for you...nice to give the RL'ers a heads up, regardless of the price....

Quick Reply: My 2008 GT3 Allocation Available