Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Serious Question: GT3 vs Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 05:43 PM
SidewaysSid
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The saying is actually "If it flys, ***** or floats rent it, it's cheaper".

If you need a Porsche to snare women you probably need to spend money getting a sense of humour, charisma and maybe some plastic surgery.

Proper women tend to go for men that keep them amused, entertained and comfortable with maybe a hint of mystery. So I'm told.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:22 AM
SEIZIS NIKOLAOS
AutoX

I have to disagree with most of the replies here...

When the 997 GT3 was first presented at Geneva, from the 100 visitors at the booth of Porsche, 95 of them where watching the white GT3 and the rest 5 at the silver Turbo. That means man and women together.
The GT3 is much more attractive than the Turbo! So my choise would definately be the GT3, which is one of the most beautiful Porsche ever!
On the other hand if you are not 100% convinsed for a Porsche, I would rather go for a:

a) Aston Martin Vantage V8
b) Ferrari F430
c) Lamborghini LP640

currently the most attractive cars at the market!

This is not just my opinion but almost a professional reply. I´m the president of the sports cars club in Czech republic, which includes more than 300 owners of the best current sports cars. I can see almost every day, which cars attracts most. Especialy I have one member, which is a very ugly guy with an Aston Martin Vantage V8 and he is soooo successful with women! Even the Audi R8 is much more attractive for women than any Porsche.

Porsche is a sign of reliability (compared to other sports cars), reasonable price and they are fast! That means for other purpose than you are willing to use the car for.

Reconsider your purchase!

Nick
997 GT2 white
996 GT3 RS white/red decals
www.klubsportovnichaut.cz
Old 12-21-2007, 11:59 AM
peachboy
Racer

Originally Posted by SidewaysSid
The saying is actually "If it flys, ***** or floats rent it, it's cheaper".

If you need a Porsche to snare women you probably need to spend money getting a sense of humour, charisma and maybe some plastic surgery.

Proper women tend to go for men that keep them amused, entertained and comfortable with maybe a hint of mystery. So I'm told.
I stand corrected, thanks for the update. Key word in your statement is "Proper"...but our friend might not care about the proper part, if you deal away with that qualification then you simplify life by realising that in the short run most women only care about CA$H. Lastly, very few women can notice the different between the various 911 variants. So save your money, buy a regular 997 and with the difference splurge it on the ladies....
Old 12-21-2007, 12:03 PM
peachboy
Racer

Originally Posted by SEIZIS NIKOLAOS
I have to disagree with most of the replies here...

On the other hand if you are not 100% convinsed for a Porsche, I would rather go for a:

a) Aston Martin Vantage V8
b) Ferrari F430
c) Lamborghini LP640

Especialy I have one member, which is a very ugly guy with an Aston Martin Vantage V8 and he is soooo successful with women! Even the Audi R8 is much more attractive for women than any Porsche.
You are right, regardless of what we think mechanically about AM's, they spell class, on the other hand the other two car spells "Look at me"....if you want class in an Italian package go for a Ferrari 599.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:40 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In cars there's one brand that stands orders of magnitude higher for being a chick magnet. One word. FERARRI.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 1000% a Porsche guy. But in the "getting *****" department Ferrari rules. Everything else just pales in comparison.

Good luck hunting!

Last edited by BobbyC; 12-21-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:04 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyC
In cars there's one brand that stands orders of magnitude higher for being a chick magnet. One word. FERARRI.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a 1000% a Porsche guy. But in the "getting *****" department Ferrari rules. Everything else just pales in comparison.

Good luck hunting!
What Bobby said.

Get a Ferrari Red 430 Spyder. Drive with the top down, and watch out for chicks falling out of the sky into your passenger seat. Literally.

Works world-wide, especially in Asia.

CP
Old 12-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 26 Posts

How about walking through an expensive department store dropping money behind you...that ought to attract some attention!
Or you could go against the grain and be a sensitive, environmental man who drives a Civic Hybrid! The ladies love a hopeless romantic...
Old 12-21-2007, 07:54 PM
gete3
Instructor

Why not rent the most beautiful girls in town and drive whatever car you like? Then you can relax and enjoy yourself without the stress of trying to impress.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

a tru **** would only drive this

Last edited by Sun Ra; 03-29-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:33 AM
993TurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 253 Likes on 110 Posts

+1 on th convertible Ferrari being a chick magnet. Even a (lame) $20k mondial probably gets more action than a gt3. From there, go to 348, 355, 360, or 430 to get even better quality action.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:57 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing gets ***** like confindence and a sense of humor... if you want to have a car help... then I agree... get a Ferrari... or a bad *** old school American Muscle car. If you have game, the car doesn't matter one bit.

Quick Reply: Serious Question: GT3 vs Turbo