Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Trade 997 GT3 for 997TT Cab?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:50 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob,

I responded to the poster who claimed no roof cars are not sports cars.....I used the GT to disqualify his silly reasoning.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:40 AM
rja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow man, you're really confused. From a GT3 to a Turbo Cab??? Opposite ends of the spectrum for sure. No doubt the Turbo has intoxicating power but I've never owned a car where I was happy w/ the power except for initally. If you're like me, you'll be impressed for a week, then you'll get adjusted to it and it won't feel so fast anymore. With the GT3, you'll never get tired of how great it feels in the palm of your hands. FWIW, I really don't believe you need to take the GT3 to the track to appreciate the car as others seem to suggest. It's certainly at home on the track, but I have just a much fun driving my car well below it's limits as I do pushing it hard into the turns. The car just feels and sounds great at any speed.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
Bob,

I responded to the poster who claimed no roof cars are not sports cars.....I used the GT to disqualify his silly reasoning.
Sorry.. I should have read more carefully!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:15 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I read this thread because I have asked myself the same question - though apparently for different reasons. For me, I'd like to "economize" down to one Porsche that can be a weekend cruiser convertible AND an occassional track car. I MUST HAVE that 964-derived GT3 engine, and of course get that check box with a 997 Turbo. Although I have pondered this question during the track offseason, my GT3 (996 variant) truly has my heart and I just can't let go....

Regarding this thread - get the TT Cab. If you are even contemplating a tip, then that is the car for you. Good luck.

-B
Old 12-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Playersclub
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ I totally agree. I want a porsche with speed and performance as well as a nice cruiser convertible. The best of both worlds IMO. However, I still love the GT3. This decision is driving me nuts lol.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:43 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Playersclub
^ I totally agree. I want a porsche with speed and performance as well as a nice cruiser convertible. The best of both worlds IMO. However, I still love the GT3. This decision is driving me nuts lol.
GT3 convertible? Sunroof isn't enough, huh?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:10 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by datax
GT3 convertible? Sunroof isn't enough, huh?
Can you imagine? As a purist, the notion makes me sick to my stomach. I bet it would sell out at a premium here in the US, however!

All I can do is shake my head.... Thanks Datax for ruining my evening....

-B
Old 12-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Playersclub
Rennlist Member

I'm crazy! I went to check out the MB CL63 AMG white with designo edition interior two tone and I have to say I love that car! My wife asked me to check it out as an alternative. I know the CL63 and the TT cab are totally different cars but after seeing it in person, i wouldn't mind having it. The MRSP is pretty much similar too. The CL 63 is more balling while the cab is the pure sports car. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Playersclub; 12-17-2007 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:51 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
Close your zipper............the GT3 ain't no race car for the street , period. I suggest you step away from your busy keyboard and actually find out the difference between a street and a race car, sorry, x box does not qualify and let the thread starter decide what is best for him, afterall it is his money.

BTW, the Carr GT got no roof so it is not a sportscar..............there should be a required IQ test before some posters are allowed to post.

Well, isn't that charming?

Personal insults and sanctimonious rhetoric.

For what it's worth, while I think I understand what "zizu" is saying, I don't entirely agree with it, but I think the caption of "race car for the street" is entirely appropriate to describe any of the GT3's to date -- that's not to say it's a race car, but I do think it's true to say it's one of those race street cars that can prove its origins in its competition lineage.

Quick Reply: Trade 997 GT3 for 997TT Cab?