Trade 997 GT3 for 997TT Cab?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:56 PM
EndlessEarth
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcourt
OHHHH how true this is
+1. A few new moves with my tongue and this sort of reach-around thing that she really seems to like and I got the green light to add a Gallardo Spyder to my garage.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:02 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TT cab for sure in your position!
Old 12-10-2007, 12:02 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

Players Club

Get the TT CAB...I have three cars right now a MB CLK63 black series, a Carrera GT, and a TT CAB. I had a the first GT3 in Los Angeles and I didn't love it...its a great car,it just wasn't great for me.

RichK
Old 12-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Playersclub
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the comments everybody! keep them coming!

This is gonna be a very hard decision. I don't mind the change but my wife still likes the GT3 better (in terms of looks). Guess she doesn't really care to drive the cab. I would love to have both cars but mortgage payments won't allow me for now. I know I will enjoy either car

If I do decide to get the TT cab, i will first check what the trade in value vs selling it myself will be.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:33 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife will not even get in my GT3. Wait for the next nice warm day and tell her the A/C is out????? You have to have a cab down there.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:58 AM
jeepnee driver
Intermediate

Default i would be interested in your GT3

if you decide to sell it. I'm in Orange county.

Thanks.
agusta22@gmail.com
Old 12-10-2007, 12:32 PM
gripet
Advanced

Sounds like some guys are lining up for your GT3. If you both like the TT cab would she ever let you drive it? Perhaps a reasonable question becomes what is the second car. Are you going to be happy driving the (gasp!!) maroon mini van in public. Does your wife have driving experience? Not sure if most gals understand what a TT really is? Is she a true Porsche-phile? Of course, the worse possibility is that your wife may track faster than you do. That's a hard one to live down. She may a have a natural advantage in that we weigh 180-220lbs. whereas she weights 115 lbs. In Sprints and Midgets we would never catch her. You are putting a lot on the line if she decides she really likes the TT. Maybe no Porsche should be available in Tiptronic to insure against such nightmares.?
Old 12-10-2007, 01:15 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Exclamation ...

Originally Posted by Playersclub
If I do decide to get the TT cab, i will first check what the trade in value vs selling it myself will be.
What was the sticker on your GT3?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Playersclub
Rennlist Member

That's the reason I love cabs because it's perfect for southern cali weather...no doubt about it.

My wife is not all into porsche cars but as long as the car's fast...she likes...however, the cab will be my toy

the MRSP was around 110K...only option it doesnt have are the PCCB and navigation..i didn't really care about the options, i just wanted a white GT3 period. There weren't many available back then

I will contact the people who are interested at a later date...thanks
Old 12-11-2007, 12:11 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zizu
Don't want to be rude but why did you get the GT3 in the first place? because of the look and the rarity? Seems like you don't appreciate it for what it is if you even think of trading it for a TT cab.
The GT3 is a driver oriented car, a race car for the street... The TT cab is a ...Hum... a poseur car (never understood a sport car with no roof).
Well, if you are looking for big hp numbers and people seeing your wealth, the TT is for you...
Close your zipper............the GT3 ain't no race car for the street , period. I suggest you step away from your busy keyboard and actually find out the difference between a street and a race car, sorry, x box does not qualify and let the thread starter decide what is best for him, afterall it is his money.

BTW, the Carr GT got no roof so it is not a sportscar..............there should be a required IQ test before some posters are allowed to post.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
Close your zipper............the GT3 ain't no race car for the street , period. I suggest you step away from your busy keyboard and actually find out the difference between a street and a race car, sorry, x box does not qualify and let the thread starter decide what is best for him, afterall it is his money.

BTW, the Carr GT got no roof so it is not a sportscar..............there should be a required IQ test before some posters are allowed to post.
To be honest, Player's Club's first post almost seemed fake, just bait for comments like zizu's. I'm sure the GT3 crowd has a reputation. Anyway, while the 3 is no racecar in stock form (people who have turned it into a racecar have attested to this), it is more involving than the average Porsche. So I think the better statement would be that if this involvement isn't your primary concern, there are other Porsches that do everything else better than the 3. The TT cab has been getting glowing reviews as being more involving than one would have thought; it seems like an excellent sports car, just not as tactile as a 3. This gap would widen on a track, but he's not going to track it. The TT is also faster in a straight line, you can take the top down, and it has AWD security. It seems like a MUCH better cruising car to 99% of drivers. It's not that you have to be a wannabe racecar driver to appreciate a GT3, it's just that if you don't HAVE to have a GT3 and HAVE to be that intimate with the driving experience, there are better options from Porsche. The GT3 board is filled mostly with people for whom there is no substitute.

However, of course if one loves the GT3's looks and gets a huge kick out of the rarity, I suppose these things could outweigh the benefits of a car like the TT cab, and one has a right to keep and enjoy his/her 3 for those reasons. Just to me the TT cab will be fairly uncommon (he has a 3 not an RS), good looking (could add GT3 front), and do the top down thing with a turbo rush which is a lot of fun on the streets and safer than canyon carving in a GT3 (the fun of a 3 on the street as I imagine, although you must be careful).
Old 12-11-2007, 02:30 AM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Exclamation ...

Originally Posted by Playersclub
the MRSP was around 110K...only option it doesnt have are the PCCB and navigation...
NOW that's great car.
If I were you I would sell it on my own than trade-in.
A White one with similar options in Florida went a little over $110,600 (reserve not met) on eBay last week. I think he relisted now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-WH...QQcmdZViewItem

Here is the ended auction:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-11-2007, 03:04 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Trading your GT3 for a cab TT is akin to trading in your football pads for a field hockey stick.

Of course I am kidding and joking but as the guy in the bud lite commercial says and I cant think of
a better situation:

DUDE!!?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:08 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Pole Position, I always find your posts entertaining and candid - you crushed the guy LOL!

You're right, the TT Cab ain't exactly chop liver. If he's happy making the swap and TT Cab works for him and the wife, that's all that counts. The cars are very different and each does what its supposed to do very well.

And as you know well, the salesman and the dealership are happy too. How'd they do on the trade-in (if he trades) and rolling a new unit off the curb?

It's a real win-win!
Old 12-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Uh, Pole, did someone eat all the good cereal this morning? While the GT3 is not a race car, it is one of the most rewarding street cars to drive on a track.

As to the Cab not being a sports car by virtue of no roof, you are kidding, right? I can think of a lot of Porsche Sports Cars which had "no roof" so to speak. The RS60 (one of the nicest and the one I covet) and the RS Spyder for a more current example.

Quick Reply: Trade 997 GT3 for 997TT Cab?