Old 09-28-2007, 02:10 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i didn't get pulled over, but at a stop light, CHP pulled next to me and gestured me to roll down window and he wanted to chat about porsche, where and how much it is. when light turned green, he put the siren on so we can keep on talking and blocked traffic for about 3 min.

the orange/green cars do get a lot of attention, hence i speed rapidly on the on/off ramps, then merge into traffic slow down to no more than 5 mph over speed limit, set the cruise, and never change lane. i am a cop magnet in ANY car.
Aye, a couple of times so far in the greeny beeny... Both times I was doing the speed limit so I knew nothing was up. One asked me if the wing was stock and made of CF... The other guy asked if I had read the article about Danica Patrick. Nice guys these Coppers.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:37 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,748 Likes on 2,354 Posts

Originally Posted by ArticGT3
Let's take it easy with the abuse thing. The same cop might stop you some other day. If he recognizes you from the "abuse," there's a good chance he will be lenient. Especially if you take advantage of the "abuse" to explain that you bought that car to drive in its natural environment, the track, and that you find nothing exciting in driving it at 90mph instead of 70mph on the road. That you are an above average driver especially when it comes to being aware of your surroundings, and that the car may be going a little faster than the stated limit, but you are usually paying more attention to the road than the speedometer.
We may be the most deserving people in the World of what we have, but it does not hurt to share the joy. It may take the form of smiling to the guy taking a picture of the car, or discussing it with that cop. If you are really in a hurry, tell the cop you appreciate his interest but you have to be somewhere soon. If you're really lucky, he will open the road for you!
actually that works.
i was stopped for 15 over as i drove home from the track 2 years ago in 996gt3.
i told the cop i knew i was speeding but i just came off the track ( i was about 20-25 miles out from the track ), he smiled and said nice car, but dont let it get away from me again then let me go.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:49 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that dont work down south mooty!!!!!!! few years back towing my old 951 race car frome cmp a south carolina i was pulled by a very southern cop .... in his tactical gear... he walks up says " boy you think this is A race track"????? .. i was pleasent for the first few minuets but he kept on and on because i had a porsche with stickers all over it!!!! asked if i stole the car why was i towing it blah blah... gave me 3 tickets... i said finally after 3o mins of bs ... i said you must confused officer bc if i thought this were a "race track" i would have been driving the race car right??? and that P.O.S. chevy would have never caught me!!!!!! now either arrest me or let get out of this inbread hell you think is your big city...!

i did get a laywer and got it reduced to improper equipment charge and al other tickets thrown out!!!

BTW i was going 6 mikes an hour over Speed limit when pulled over!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:57 AM
scss98
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this happen to me twice, someone staying with my car on the highway for a good 10 minutes to take pictures from front back and side. It gets a bit annoying since the other guy is cutting in and out of traffic and getting in my way. More often it is just a thumbs up.

Quick Reply: GT3RS: Cop Magnet