F430 or GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 04:46 PM
DMB14
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
I'd move if I were you!

One of life's great joys is to walk down Maximillianstrasse in munich on a sunny day inspecting the exotic cars. If I say that C-GTs don't draw crowds, you get the idea.

I've lived in dangerous places and in safe places, safe places are better.

R+C
Well really I'm just way overprotective of everything I own. It's a curse I have.
But in Munich C-GTs don't draw crowds?? I think I'll have to visit sometime!
Old 09-11-2007, 07:56 PM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ferrarichat.com couldn't have done it better...oH wait...this is the ferrarichat.com board...(just kidding)
Old 09-13-2007, 09:31 PM
RaceCarDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I drove an F430 and GT3 back to back yesterday. I'd say its a toss up between the two cars. They were both the best cars I've ever driven.

To me, I felt the F430 was a little faster and the GT3 had better handling. Both were awesome cars, you can't go wrong.

You've already had the GT3 so if price doesn't matter go for the F430.

For me, I think I would choose the GT3.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:18 PM
srm993TT
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about anyone else reading these posts, but I just bought a 96 993TT, and I'm really excited about it, and actually feel fortunate to be able to purchase this car. All this discussion about GT3's, F430's etc. is very interesting. If I had the financial ability, I'd love a 997 GT 3, GT 3RS or F430, but it's just not financially possible for me at this point. If you don't mind my asking, what do you guys do for a living to be able to afford MULTIPLE of these great cars. I think I need to change occupations, so I can join the club of GT3's & F430's !!?? How about a few tips......
Old 09-14-2007, 12:01 AM
peloton
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by srm993TT
I don't know about anyone else reading these posts, but I just bought a 96 993TT, and I'm really excited about it, and actually feel fortunate to be able to purchase this car. All this discussion about GT3's, F430's etc. is very interesting. If I had the financial ability, I'd love a 997 GT 3, GT 3RS or F430, but it's just not financially possible for me at this point. If you don't mind my asking, what do you guys do for a living to be able to afford MULTIPLE of these great cars. I think I need to change occupations, so I can join the club of GT3's & F430's !!?? How about a few tips......
Since I'm one of the gang with a 997 GT3, a 997RS and an F430, I'll chime in with a little philosophy with apologies in advance: it's not about what you do for a living, it's about living period. A common trait I find among the car collectors is that they all seem very focused on squeezing the most out of everyday, whether it's their work, their fun or their families. That maniacal focus, mixed with a good dose of gratitude for whatever success one has enjoyed, seems to me to be the recipe for getting whatever you want in life, sportscars included. I'll go crawl back under my rock now...
Old 09-14-2007, 12:10 AM
RS 197
Pro

Originally Posted by peloton
Since I'm one of the gang with a 997 GT3, a 997RS and an F430, I'll chime in with a little philosophy with apologies in advance: it's not about what you do for a living, it's about living period. A common trait I find among the car collectors is that they all seem very focused on squeezing the most out of everyday, whether it's their work, their fun or their families. That maniacal focus, mixed with a good dose of gratitude for whatever success one has enjoyed, seems to me to be the recipe for getting whatever you want in life, sportscars included. I'll go crawl back under my rock now...
Well said. I agree totally. Not about what you do but how you do it. I refer to it as a real life game of Monopoly. I just need to keep passing Go and stay out of Jail and I am in great shape. As long as the rent keeps coming on on Park Place the game will go on......

I feel out of place without an F 430.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:13 AM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

Sometimes one has to do time in Marvin Gardens first...
Old 09-14-2007, 04:23 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by DMB14
But in Munich C-GTs don't draw crowds?? I think I'll have to visit sometime!
Munich is a city devoted to cars, and full of people who can afford them. Its PAG's largest single market. The city is home to the glitterati and awash with money, of all sorts. Froim time to time, PAG creates models to the specification of the local dealer, such as the 993 Turbo Cabriolet, in an orginal run of 26.

Aston Martin is a brand much valued in Munich, as are Pagani and Bugatti, for example.

As far as visiting the city is concerned, be prepared for severe plastic damage. Recently, I took a visiting North American friend round and he fell in love with the shops to the exstent that I calculated that his burn rate per hour equalled the wage of a sought after new associate at a major Manhattan law firm.

A grest city.

R+C

Last edited by Nordschleife; 09-14-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:30 AM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by srm993TT
I don't have this kind of list of cars, as others do.[CENSORED] But to be able to buy and maintain a GT3 I had to put my wife working as a prostitute and employed my 2 youngest on an Asian factory.[CENSORED]
Old 09-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Hanz
Intermediate

This is an interesting discussion. I agree hard work is key and it's important to appreciate what we have but don't forget luck as a key component. There are plenty of guys working physically harder than me that will never get to enjoy a GT3. (end of sermon)

OK, here is my question. How do you counter the wife's neutron bomb to end all money related discussions, “but, you have three Porsches"?
Old 09-14-2007, 09:11 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 607 Posts

More purses and shoes. That's what the Porsches really cost me
Old 09-14-2007, 09:28 AM
naparsei
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife wants me to buy more Porsches so it frees up the Mini and the Ferrari for her to drive!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:53 AM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hanz
OK, here is my question. How do you counter the wife's neutron bomb to end all money related discussions, “but, you have three Porsches"?
Ha! those guys don't have that kind of discussions..hehe
Old 09-14-2007, 12:45 PM
vincentdds
Racer

Work smart on smart works....
Old 09-14-2007, 02:17 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both here too. It really depends on you and your perception of the cars. If you believe that a P is to be driven and an F is for occasional stuff then that's how you'll use the cars and treat them. Personally I like the P because it's more low key. More practical in other words. They really are a great combo if you can pull off owning both.

Quick Reply: F430 or GT3?