Cool Product for track days

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool Product for track days

Hey Guys,

I want to open this email with “I’m not affiliated with this company blah blah etc.” I was at Calabogie Motorsports Park a couple of weeks ago for a private lapping day. Just a small group and it was a ton of fun, but I digress….During our lapping we were approached by the owner of RaceDV and we were given the opportunity to “play” with some new hardware that they have developed for capturing motorsports video and data. I think that it’s a really cool product with lots of possibilities. I just wanted to share it with you guys. If you go here

http://racedv.com/u/1616/

you will find links to some of the footage that this product captures. In my opinion it’s a great way to capture a days event for multiple purposes. Just wanted to share with you guys.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Sweet Keith.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:19 PM
doc2s
Burning Brakes

very impressive time.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:41 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Apex Late
Hey Guys,

I want to open this email with “I’m not affiliated with this company blah blah etc.” I was at Calabogie Motorsports Park a couple of weeks ago for a private lapping day. Just a small group and it was a ton of fun, but I digress….During our lapping we were approached by the owner of RaceDV and we were given the opportunity to “play” with some new hardware that they have developed for capturing motorsports video and data. I think that it’s a really cool product with lots of possibilities. I just wanted to share it with you guys. If you go here

you will find links to some of the footage that this product captures. In my opinion it’s a great way to capture a days event for multiple purposes. Just wanted to share with you guys.

Your stripe is SICK. Martini Team?

Gotta get me one of those stripes!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

Originally Posted by doc2s
very impressive time.
Doc,

Thanks its getting there. There was oil dry down as you can see in the video but the times were still good. I LOVE Bruce days. We get so much seat time its almost unfair. Additionally, I was running with Bruce and, Apex GT (Perry) and as a result you have to work your *** off if you want to keep up with those guys. In fact there videos are on the RaceDV site unter 1610 and 1617.

Cant wait to see you back up here for another track day at Calabogie. I hope the ride is treating you well.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

Originally Posted by allegretto
Your stripe is SICK. Martini Team?

Gotta get me one of those stripes!
Thanks Allegretto,

I can't take credit for the idea but I really like the way that it turned out. It really changes the look of the white car.

It sounds like you have a few other mods (other posts) planned before the stripe however. Let us know how the suspension changes work out. I'm considering JRZ RS with 700lbs up front and 900lbs in the back. What do you have in mind?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Sweet Keith.
Peter,

Thanks.

We should wire you up one of these days. Time to get over the wall and come out and play.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Peter,

Thanks.

We should wire you up one of these days. Time to get over the wall and come out and play.
Peter?
Old 08-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

Peter?
Sorry Chris,

I got you confused with Peter from Rennsport. Change your avatar for crying out loud. Cars are like faces to me. Put that new red rocket up there!!!!

Geesh!
Old 08-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Sorry Chris,

I got you confused with Peter from Rennsport. Change your avatar for crying out loud. Cars are like faces to me. Put that new red rocket up there!!!!

Geesh!
OK.

Saw the bar installed yesterday. It looks phenomenal.

BTW, how long do MPSCs last? I have an event at Tremblant and one Bruce day on them and I don't want to be stuck w/o tires. Think I should order another set?

Santi & I should be at Bruce day next Thurs and Rennsport the rest of the weekend along with Tremblant in Sept.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:18 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

BTW, how long do MPSCs last? I have an event at Tremblant and one Bruce day on them and I don't want to be stuck w/o tires. Think I should order another set?
Try as I may, I can only get 5 track days out of MPSCs with a decent alignment. I was getting 9 track days out of the "street" MPS2s...

-B
Old 08-22-2007, 02:33 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Guys,

2:18 flat huh

Going to Dexter on Friday?
Old 08-22-2007, 02:51 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

OK.

Saw the bar installed yesterday. It looks phenomenal.

Santi & I should be at Bruce day next Thurs and Rennsport the rest of the weekend along with Tremblant in Sept.

That depends on how fast you are

Even if you don't get to the cords, I've found MPSC to be pretty much heat cycled out after 40 heat cycles, so I don't think the current set will last two more events + a "B" day (or more).
Old 08-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Originally Posted by sjanes
That depends on how fast you are

Even if you don't get to the cords, I've found MPSC to be pretty much heat cycled out after 40 heat cycles, so I don't think the current set will last two more events + a "B" day (or more).
I'm still kinda slow with the car. Getting faster though.

I figured the tires wouldn't last the rest of the season.

Thanks Stacy.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:45 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Here is my very lame 2:26 http://racedv.com/u/1612/

Although the data says the theoretical best is 2:23 something. But claiming that will make me as good a drover as the mighty Ghettoracer.

At least I didn't spin so that's a start.

Quick Reply: Cool Product for track days