Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

7....GT3RS ON EBAY

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 07:24 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts
Default 7....GT3RS ON EBAY

Looks like the market on the GT3RS is going to be coming down very soon. I don't think it will get to MSRP but 10k over is right around the corner.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:11 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
Looks like the market on the GT3RS is going to be coming down very soon. I don't think it will get to MSRP but 10k over is right around the corner.

You know the kind of micro-opinion unfounded, boy lets see if I can **** with, bull**** is off of the hook. My man if you have something to prove other than, boy I can not afford one so I will stir the pot, the tell us all what your ball says. My guess is you drive a YUGO, sport none the less with spinners, and you are a fool.

Jim Huber
Old 07-29-2007, 09:29 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I dont think its that outlandish- I had one offered to me at $18K over about 3 weeks ago
from my dealer.
Had I not already had a regular GT3 in the garage and facing divorce had I accepted I would
have really considered it. So how is 10K so far off from 18K??
It might be a little cheeky, as the British say, but does it warrant
the insults or did you get burned?
Old 07-29-2007, 09:32 PM
ag
Instructor

Hey Huber, why so touchy.............????
Old 07-29-2007, 10:25 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

^ Because ever since day one, Jimbo is hoping the RS will be the next 73 RS with price through the roof on constant basis. Every time someone says the RS will be just another CGT, Jimbo gets very emotional. Don't mind him cause I think likewise.

Sorry Jim!! Did you ever get yours??
Old 07-29-2007, 10:47 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

You know when people make it personal they have no facts to back them up...Mr Huber your the idiot and you are a liar. You said in another thread someone offered 60K over for your car...BULL****.

BTW I alternate between my 997TT and an 06 E55...although Yugo does make a fine automobile.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:58 PM
GBGT
Advanced

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I dont think its that outlandish- I had one offered to me at $18K over about 3 weeks ago
from my dealer.
Had I not already had a regular GT3 in the garage and facing divorce had I accepted I would
have really considered it. So how is 10K so far off from 18K??
It might be a little cheeky, as the British say, but does it warrant
the insults or did you get burned?
I will simply quote a post I made in a thread remarkably similar to this.

Originally Posted by GBGT
I love when people generalize on the pricing of RS's. If you think the premium of a black non-PCCB car is going to be the same as a green PCCB car then you obviously haven't studied the market. This market is no different than the Carrera GT market. You can barely give away a red or silver one, but a gloss black will go for huge money. There are only 60 RS's coming in 08, and that is the end of the production run. There are over 20 F430's on ebay at the moment, and I guarantee not one will sell for under $40K over. The 07's are going for upwards of $70k over, and there are many more 430's than there are RS's.
The RS is NOT a standard production Porsche, which is a rarity. There are many people hoping that the RS market will drop simply so they can afford one. As far as I'm concerned this just goes to show how great the demand for these cars actually is.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:13 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

there are too many ppl "talking" about RS. i wonder why? cars aren't for investment. cars are a great way to waste your money and have fun while doing it.

how much an RS cost today or tomrrow is really irrelevant. if you want to wait until the price drops, then wait. i will have 30k miles on the car by december, it will probably go for 80k, call me then.

either you are willing to waste your hard earned money on one or not.
if you want an RS , buy one.
if you dont want an RS, dont buy one.
if you want to wait to get one used for 50k, just wait.
talk is really really cheap.

cars are consumables, like a cake, you eat it and it goes through you then you flush it out the toilet.

7RS will never be a 73RS, why ? if you dont put 15k on the car every year, you are just wasting it away. if you put 15k on the car every year, it will be worthless by 2009

Last edited by mooty; 07-30-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:30 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You can get a black CGT for below MSRP now how does that apply to the RS?
Mooty is dead on. I could have bought a CGT or an RS but I would have been intimidated
by both for the same reason Mooty stated-miles. I would not haven driven it. Same stupid
reason F cars are not a good buy- Ever see one that had 30K that anybody would buy?
Look on ebay and DuPont and see how many Fcars have 2900 miles or
the rare 14500 mile 360.
Since I wanted to drive it and not really worry about its declining value the plain GT3 made more
sense. I would have been easy to sell my current GT3 and buy the one for 18 over but for
what? to become a Ferrari guy? To walk out in the garage and look at it? Thats what I love
about Porsche -they are meant to be driven, not have its 30K service at 1900 miles.

Dont get me wrong had they built 200 more and the market was more sane I would have glady bought a stripper RS for what I paid for my plain jane no frills everyday generic GT3. Any color too no difference to me. Like we used to say in the Air force its all the same on the inside.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:44 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimhuber
You know the kind of micro-opinion unfounded, boy lets see if I can **** with, bull**** is off of the hook. My man if you have something to prove other than, boy I can not afford one so I will stir the pot, the tell us all what your ball says. My guess is you drive a YUGO, sport none the less with spinners, and you are a fool.

Jim Huber
Don't be so sensitive, I doubt he had anything to prove. As far as I see it, its an observation, and for those who think the market will still be strong like it was for the past few months and in the upcoming future, well, then, you are moron's!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:07 AM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by GBGT
I will simply quote a post I made in a thread remarkably similar to this.

The RS is NOT a standard production Porsche, which is a rarity. There are many people hoping that the RS market will drop simply so they can afford one. As far as I'm concerned this just goes to show how great the demand for these cars actually is.

Well this is the way I think as well. I do not care what the car will fetch over MSRP. I was just saying that the demand is strong. I do not care if it is the next what ever. And I am sorry for the blast, I was out of line and just dumping in the wrong spot. And I really do wish I had a cherry 1987 Yougo sport.

Jim Huber
Old 07-30-2007, 12:18 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jim
I dont know why we get caught up in this stuff. I would think this RS has just as good a chance as any other 911 in 30 years. What ever any of us think- Who isnt happy to walk in their garage and see and RS??
or a GT3? Or a 996 GT3 or a restored 914 for that matter??
(I am looking at a 914 for me and my two sons to rebuild)
Old 07-30-2007, 12:23 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

no need to apologize for feeling strongly about something you have a passion for Jimbo...."F" those who can't and will not have one yet feel they have to comment on something that they will only see in magazines.....just drive the sh*t out of it when it gets here ....your ear to ear grin will erase all negativity generated by others.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:40 AM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by leif997
no need to apologize for feeling strongly about something you have a passion for Jimbo...."F" those who can't and will not have one yet feel they have to comment on something that they will only see in magazines.....just drive the sh*t out of it when it gets here ....your ear to ear grin will erase all negativity generated by others.

Any word on your delivery? My build date was last week and I do not know if it is ahead or what. All I know is I WANT MY CAR. The first thing I am going to do is get a really good alignment in Cincinnati. I am really glad I went with Green. I also like the Cargraphic exaust I saw on PET FROG. But, I really do not want to start fooling around with my car. I think that the one thing that I can not wait to see in person is the wing. At the end of the day I love the *** on this car and the *** does it for me. I am planing on going to Texas to see Frayed and drive on his home track and to deliver the bounty. I just picked up a Mega Cab Dodge 3500 diesel loaded to the gills 60k got s pickup, but the tow machine must be pimp as well.

Jim Huber
Old 07-30-2007, 12:47 AM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

the next hot thing will be the GT2. at least for the flippers.

Quick Reply: 7....GT3RS ON EBAY